• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Not too early, it is too late.

If we had a professional set up we would have approached players at Rebels, Force, Kings and Cheetahs the day after the initial announcement.

As a fan this is hard as we fall in love with a sport and not a business but the reality is any good prospects will have taken care of themselves and probably already have plans in motion.

Yeah i think they (the players) also have legal case to exit their contract early.

When you sign a deal to play. Where you choose to live is 2nd most important thing behind the money.

The ARU expecting they can just tell the player where they'll be relocated too is just wrong.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Rebels and other threads are showing some repect. Can the reds thread manage?

Actually this is not true.

I did not originally post on this topic until i saw someone else in the rebels thread talk about the impending vulturing of players.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Actually this is not true.

I did not originally post on this topic until i saw someone else in the rebels thread talk about the impending vulturing of players.
Politely suggest reading last couple pages on Rebels thread.
'vulturing' was shut down out of respect. Seems to be rightly supported by posters and veiled threats of it being enforced by mods.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
'vulturing' was shut down out of respect. Seems to be rightly supported by posters and veiled threats of it being enforced by mods.

I don't think any mods made "veiled threats" at all. Certainly I didn't. I did make it clear that posters antagonising Force fans would not be tolerated, but only went so far as commenting that it was poor form to talk of poaching players. In several threads. Which it is!

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)

interesting. Well i saw that last night from the rebels fraternity.

If moderators want to delete my posts they can. I won't be upset about it and i will tow the line of respect. But the conversation will be coming. I don't know when it's going to be open season on the circling vultures but I'm sure dominos will fall in coming days where players move on even as we wait for a ruling from supreme court.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
but only went so far as commenting that it was poor form to talk of poaching players. In several threads. Which it is!

Well no it's not, it's your opinion, that doesn't make it fact.

I'm sure many people would like to discuss transfers (not poaching cause you can't poach players from a team that won't exist at the time) and so long as it's not in the western force thread I don't really see the problem.

If the tahs were disbanded tomorrow I'd be right in the thick of it discussing where they'd all go, it's part of rugby and while it's absolute shit that the force are gone, it's still exciting/intriguing to see what the future holds now

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Well no it's not, it's your opinion, that doesn't make it fact.

I'm sure many people would like to discuss transfers (not poaching cause you can't poach players from a team that won't exist at the time) and so long as it's not in the western force thread I don't really see the problem.

If the tahs were disbanded tomorrow I'd be right in the thick of it discussing where they'd all go, it's part of rugby and while it's absolute shit that the force are gone, it's still exciting/intriguing to see what the future holds now

Of course it's my opinion, so I said it is poor form, which is a statement of judgement / opinion. Not fact, obviously. And seemingly shared by many other posters. So I expressed it. What is fact is that I did not make any veiled threats attached to it.
If you think it's right to get stuck into it, there's no forum rule precluding it.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Of course it's my opinion, so I said it is poor form, which is a statement of judgement / opinion. Not fact, obviously. And seemingly shared by many other posters. So I expressed it. What is fact is that I did not make any veiled threats attached to it.
If you think it's right to get stuck into it, there's no forum rule precluding it.[/quote

That's cool, just wasn't blatantly obvious that you were stating it as your own opinion rather than as a mod....seems like one or two people may have been confused :)

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
As one of the Reds mods I agree with Cyclo. Give it a few days before we pick over the players. What difference will it make to where the players end up?

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Apologies all. Misinterpreted "interpret that as you will"

Im sure Reds mgmt are doing what they will so no downside to showing some respect here.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Apologies all. Misinterpreted "interpret that as you will"

Im sure Reds mgmt are doing what they will so no downside to showing some respect here.

Fair enough. I didn't mean it as a threat, more as a "do what you think is right, but think more carefully about it", but I agree the wording was a bit funny.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I'm guessing that this thread is so quiet given the general aura around rugby, and the only thing happening now is waiting for a formal Totality Tony announcement?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
TT has totally been totally announced already Comrade.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

dru

Tim Horan (67)
TT has totally been totally announced already Comrade.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Thanks Sully I'd actually forgotten. Did the announcement ever go as far as defining his role? All I remember is vague "I'm here to support". Couldn't see much on the Reds site.

Status
Not open for further replies.