• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2019

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
It still means there is a whole heap of different options. Possible Super Rugby collapse, return to club rugby with RA funding/some central contracted players? Promotion/Relegation? So many options in the future

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Anyone heard anymore whispers about player signings? Seems like the Reds are hellbent on leaving a lot of cattle out in the wind to dry & unsigned with potential poaching from other franchises or overseas.

Sam Cordingly might be the worst front office staff at ballymore with his constant being sleep at the wheel

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think Sorovi will be confirmed soon.

They may wait until the long lunch to name the full squad.

Good to hear...

There really is a log jam at halfback with so many great options but to let Sorovi walk when he worked really hard to earn his starting spot... it would be a shame to see him prosper elsewhere.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I think Sorovi will be confirmed soon.

They may wait until the long lunch to name the full squad.

Am I the only one who finds this strange? It's 5 weeks away. Also keen to hear about the role of CEO and any other admin changes that may or may not happen.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Am I the only one who finds this strange? It's 5 weeks away. Also keen to hear about the role of CEO and any other admin changes that may or may not happen.
Do they send the membership letters out at around the same time?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
can he kick?

Not muich kicking in 7's, I hope he is good at it as this has been missing since Latham

Sorry to say but Lucas isn't good enough for the Reds. His passing game is very limited (surprising considering he filled in a lot at play maker for the 7s), doesn't have exceptional vision, fairly standard pace, undersized and a limited long kicking game. Sounds harsh but the 7s are moving on from him for a reason. The best of the Lucas brothers is the one that's just been involved in the u20s, i believe he's on the books up there anyway

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
Sorry to say but Lucas isn't good enough for the Reds. His passing game is very limited (surprising considering he filled in a lot at play maker for the 7s), doesn't have exceptional vision, fairly standard pace, undersized and a limited long kicking game. Sounds harsh but the 7s are moving on from him for a reason. The best of the Lucas brothers is the one that's just been involved in the u20s, i believe he's on the books up there anyway

Have you watched him R3, because I believe you are speaking rubbish. I haven't watched much 7's because of scheduling (day/night) but he was pretty impressive on the week-end. Created more than Hamish for example, was a threat in attack. In fact I would bet you haven't seen the game (bear in mind it was a practice game). Duncan played well also as did the Souths number 8. The two Lucas boys played 10 opposite each other in the second half, both laying on tries. Quadey was Quade, some magic here and there but he has lost zip (to be expected)

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Have you watched him R3, because I believe you are speaking rubbish. I haven't watched much 7's because of scheduling (day/night) but he was pretty impressive on the week-end. Created more than Hamish for example, was a threat in attack. In fact I would bet you haven't seen the game (bear in mind it was a practice game). Duncan played well also as did the Souths number 8. The two Lucas boys played 10 opposite each other in the second half, both laying on tries. Quadey was Quade, some magic here and there but he has lost zip (to be expected)

I obviously haven't seen him play 15s and hope the guy comes back to jam my comments back into my face, but i am an avid 7s watcher and there was nothing on display the past 2/3 years that would indicate he will take to the 15s game. Good luck to him, i am happy to put my hand up at seasons end if i am proven wrong.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Article in the Courier today puts McKay, Brian Smith and Scott Wisemantel all in the mix for the Reds assistant job.

At least there seems to be some quality candidates with extensive experience in high level coaching.

B

Bobby Sands

Reds should sign Jaye Thompson as the fullback for 2019.

Good young kiwi trained fullback / centre / wing playing for Geeps.

If you can't beat em....