• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2019

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
can't say as i dont know but there could very well be some subject to's in there or as the reds seem to like doing - they could be facing a big payout for no reason.
Quade, James, Karmichael, 2 coach payouts?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Doesnt big bad Brad have the same views as Izzy.

Although St Geroge could just cut out the middle man and pay Quade Karmichael and Slipper direct

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Ok - I defer to the netball expert in my family here - my wife informs me that Caitlin Bassett has left the Lightening and filled the shooter spot at the Giants, and that Maria does often play GS.

In which case, Maria Folau to the Sunshine Coast (and, presumably Israel to the Reds) is a realistic move.

Hi mate

Can you do a favour and ask the netball expert about the giants new signing... caitlin Bassett

Does she play the same position as Maria Folau?

Thanks

PS: just reread your post. You had this scoop earlier on. Is there only 1 netball team in Sydney and does the other franchise need a goal shooter?

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Hi mate

Can you do a favour and ask the netball expert about the giants new signing. caitlin Bassett

Does she play the same position as Maria Folau?

Thanks

PS: just reread your post. You had this scoop earlier on. Is there only 1 netball team in Sydney and does the other franchise need a goal shooter?
There are two in Sydney and they have both signed shooters recently. Top class shooters.

Maria Folau is exceptional, but none of the teams tend to carry more than 2 top shooters.

Some can & do cover other positions - Goal Attacks do tend to make good Wing Attacks as well and some Goal Attacks interchange fine as Goal Shooters.

Despite the fact that Folau apparently can play Shooter my not so expert opinion is still that she and Steph Wood (Sunshine Coast) may not be a great partnership as their biggest strength for both is the same - they are both excellent shooters from further out, and are best complimented with a taller, holding shooter (like Caitlin Bassett who is an out and out GS).

The club that could really use Maria Folau is Collingwood as they have a shooter leaving and a GA retiring.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Yep. St G very active in that space.

http://www.redsrugby.com.au/News/Ne...NSLAND’S-LGBTQI-ALL-INCLUSIVE-RUGBY-TEAM.aspx

I’d love to have Izzy but I think a major sponsor like St G is more important.
All inclusive but no place for a Christian who speaks their mind. Gold. Nothing says inclusive like using corporate weight to exclude someone.
Australia, 2018. And the pendulum has swung a bit too fucking far. I know you all disagree, maybe I'd also share your opinion if I'd had the last 20 years within the same society as you guys. But I haven't. I don't fit. Delete me. Goodbye reds. Goodbye Oz.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
All inclusive but no place for a Christian who speaks their mind. Gold. Nothing says inclusive like using corporate weight to exclude someone.
Australia, 2018. And the pendulum has swung a bit too fucking far. I know you all disagree, maybe I'd also share your opinion if I'd had the last 20 years within the same society as you guys. But I haven't. I don't fit. Delete me. Goodbye reds. Goodbye Oz.

No, you are not on your own here.

B

Bobby Sands

I give no place to a Christian or any other orthodoxy that discriminates against another's choices publically. Israel catching a football does not give him that right. Goodbye mate.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

I don't think St George give two hoots that he's a christian. It's his primitive messaging that seem more of a concern.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Quade off to the Rebels?

James slipper rumoured to the Brumbies.

If only we can build trade talk winds for Karmichael Hunt tot he Tahs. Then we may just have enough salary cap to make a play at Folau.