• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2019

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Why is nobody saying this guys name? Talking in cluedo

Process of elimination
Not playing NRC/Alec Evans medal

Is it Kerevi?

Edit* maybe not Kerevi, the whisper just said he was going to receive contract but Kerevi has a contract this offseason and is missing from NRC due to injury???

Edit again* never mind. Got Alec Evans mixed with pilecki medal. Definitely not Kerevi

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There’s no suggestion it is a Reds player either. In fact the guy I think they are suggesting it is hasn’t played for the Reds

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
It’s pretty obvious who they are aluding to.

Yeap, I had no idea who it could be and was able to work backwards.

Turns out his rugby.com.au player profile has been removed but you're able to see who it was through Google Cache.

Reactions: dru

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeap, I had no idea who it could be and was able to work backwards.

Turns out his rugby.com.au player profile has been removed but you're able to see who it was through Google Cache.

It was still there about an hour ago..........

This conversation has fueled discussions on other rugby forums today.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Saw who it is on another rugby forum.

Also there are two players apparently involved - 1 of which has played for the reds

(a grain of salt should always be required through)

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
So give me 2 names. One from each QLD NRC team who ya think might feature in next years Reds 23 as a NRC Bolter?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Good choices Reg. The 2 country blokes were first who came to mind with me.
And agree on the gps backrowers being shots too.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Haven't had a chance to see as much as I would've liked this year but I definitely think there'll be one outside back picked up from the NRC. Probably Campbell or Lucas, but they may be tempted to make a play for MacGregor from the force, given he can also back up Stewart at 10. Tautalatasi Tasi would be pretty likely for a contract but we're abit full up on outside centres. The full squad contracts they offer may depend on how the academy fills out, ideally the 20 year olds will end up there and the contracts will go to the guys a few years further on

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Asiati has been the next' cab off the rank' so to speak. Not sure if he will be a quality Super Rugby player, but right now they only have 4 props including the young and not yet that good Hoopert, who is getting benched for Asiati. A lot of opportunity in QLD for young and/or aspiring props.

Some good young flankers, but I don't know if they have stood up and beyond of what Gunn and Hewat offer as yet so hopefully they can still do a round in the u20 team or maybe a development contract. Can't see any player that has made me go....WOW now THAT guy should be a fully contracted professional. Not like it was with Naisarani.

Hockings and Blyth have yet to have the big off season they need. The fact that either one will have to be in the 23 is of concern to me. Potential yes, but that's it still. Unfortunately there don't seem to be any other big men from 4 - 8 in either team making themself known like Criff Tupou and Naisarani did. (Criff didn't play that much but he made a dent)

I also wish that EITHER city or country could field some big strapping lads like the Rising can to replace Nabuli, like 188cm 110kg League player 23yr old Fabian Goodall (wing) or 21 yr old Angelo Leaupepe at 194cm and 110kg, also wing.

Nor is there anyone really putting their hand up and saying "hey, you know how guys like Ngamanu & Maranta are probably on the way out because they aren't up to Super Rugby scratch? Well pick me, I'm better"

Frankly, noone in the City or Country teams to me is putting their hand up for a contract, because the best players are those either already contracted or those that are even not continuing (slipper, quade, Hunt). Unfortunately it seems any 'replacement's will be again be a downgrade.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Gee I think we’re being harsh on the Q NRC players! Come on guys I’m normally on the sharp end of despondency but even I have been enjoying getting to know these blokes better.

We are turning out promising loose forwards and Centres and outside backs. Yes I have to agree re Hooper not being the full monty yet. My biggest concern is locks. We just don’t seem to be breeding top notch rowers north of the Tweed.

I would also complain about creative playmakers but it is pointless as clearly Thorn would not select this type of player.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
My biggest concern is locks. We just don’t seem to be breeding top notch rowers north of the Tweed.

Really? I think this is the one area we're fine in. Rodda, Tui with Blyth and Hockings coming up. It's a shame we lost Douglas otherwise we would have had a really good mixture of experienced and up and coming.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Really? I think this is the one area we're fine in. Rodda, Tui with Blyth and Hockings coming up. It's a shame we lost Douglas otherwise we would have had a really good mixture of experienced and up and coming.

My concern is neither Hockings or Blyth look like bringing much impact from the bench. Still developing a bit slower than Rodda and Tui did. Not enough HP.