• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2019

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Scenario. You're a big fit running rugby player, your work rates huge, training harder than most, you almost look too good and people suspect that you might be getting help from behind the Gym as well as in the gym, should the head coach order a drug test on the player because he's suspects things aren't right? or should HC just let it slide thinking it will only a matter of time anyway...

Verdict.. Head Coach orders a drug test and the player has been found guilty of performance enhancing drugs and has been given 4 years on the side line. Rugby Career Over.

Question. Should've HC ordered the drug test & finish off a Award winning Career or given the player the heads up?

Footnote.. True story.

Does this have anything to do with the Reds? I'm no Poirot but I can't think of anyone at the Reds near the end of their career that fits this description, all the big stars for the Reds this year were young players.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Scenario. You're a big fit running rugby player, your work rates huge, training harder than most, you almost look too good and people suspect that you might be getting help from behind the Gym as well as in the gym, should the head coach order a drug test on the player because he's suspects things aren't right? or should HC just let it slide thinking it will only a matter of time anyway...

Verdict.. Head Coach orders a drug test and the player has been found guilty of performance enhancing drugs and has been given 4 years on the side line. Rugby Career Over.

Question. Should've HC ordered the drug test & finish off a Award winning Career or given the player the heads up?

Footnote.. True story.

Every person within Rugby has a duty to report suspected cheats.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Does this have anything to do with the Reds? I'm no Poirot but I can't think of anyone at the Reds near the end of their career that fits this description, all the big stars for the Reds this year were young players.

I don't think this story is about any current Super Rugby player, because "rugby star cops 4 year ban for drugs" might have just made the news..........

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
Does anyone have a list of players who are currently signed for 2019? I am interested to see who we have at this point.

B

Bobby Sands

Gicquel is a bloody interesting one given his pathway to this point. This was his first year of Prems wasn't it?

You would have to think his scope for improvement is enormous.

Would be surprised if McReight is not being looked at as well.

B

Bobby Sands

And Kibble but apparently Gicquel has superseded them both. But with the academy system coming back they should be good. Plus Harry Wilson.

I love that. The eye-test says Gicquel is ahead of both at this stage. Harry Wilson is a must snaffle.

On other local players Matt Gordon is a must sign in my opinion, and Tasi at 13 is worth a look too.

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
And Kibble but apparently Gicquel has superseded them both. But with the academy system coming back they should be good. Plus Harry Wilson.

I have heard from my GPS connections the Rebels have been speaking with Kibble for a few months. Be interesting to see how it all plays out. Hopefully Reds can hold onto all three!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I have heard from my GPS connections the Rebels have been speaking with Kibble for a few months. Be interesting to see how it all plays out. Hopefully Reds can hold onto all three!

all good players but I don't think we can.

Liam Wright, Angus Scott-Young, Caleb Timu, Adam Korzcyk, Scott Higginbotham for starters plus the likes of Wilson, Kibble, McReight, Gicquel and that's putting aside Gunn and Hewatt who we have apparently released and some decent club players too.

Talent will leave. We can't be too critical if it does as long as we have sufficient talent up here too.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
It is early October already, from recollection we hoped for a announcement of CEO by 5-10-18. Presumed at or in conjunction with the long lunch.

Another appointment said to involve an international search, this time by the Chair.

Watching this space.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It is early October already, from recollection we hoped for a announcement of CEO by 5-10-18. Presumed at or in conjunction with the long lunch.

Another appointment said to involve an international search, this time by the Chair.

Watching this space.

Don’t get your hopes up. I reckon financial restrictions will mean it will be an internal appointment.

Reactions: dru

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Don’t get your hopes up. I reckon financial restrictions will mean it will be an internal appointment.

More riding on this than many would think. I’m not necessarily against internal appointment depending on who they come up with. The continuing funding crisis continues to place Thorn’s actions (and his enablers) into focus. Or should do.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Yeah, I’ve heard it’s under wraps until the B-sample comes back positive. Although I’m not sure this guy was actually contracted to the Reds at any point.

And to add to the above, anyone else heard that another Reds contracted player has tested positive to cocaine?

Im hearing it has come back positive and suspension has kicked in, hence why he is missing from NRC. It I believed he was going to receive a contract for 2019 after training with them all season.

Yes another Reds contracted player has been suspended for a short period of time, unsure whether cocaine or evasion of drug tests.

Silly silly boys

Linebreaker

Allen Oxlade (6)
Im hearing it has come back positive and suspension has kicked in, hence why he is missing from NRC. It I believed he was going to receive a contract for 2019 after training with them all season.

Yes another Reds contracted player has been suspended for a short period of time, unsure whether cocaine or evasion of drug tests.

Silly silly boys

Yeah Mate he was in line for it.... That Alec Evans Medal seems to be a curse...