• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2019

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'd be banking on QC (Quade Cooper) being in Melbourne next year, regardless of Jim McKay's appt.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Excellent outcome for Rugby. He can come back into the Wallabies fold. Slipper and Sio can also manage their workload heading into the RWC.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Scrum training at the Brumbies just got a lot tougher. Not bad when the squad has three Wallabies props. Good move. I wish the best for both Slipper and the Ponies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Reds still have to pay part of Slipper's salary while at the Brumbies, and I assume that will be the case if Quade moves down south.........

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Just to keep Thorn happy.

I imagine it will be similar with Hunt. Reds subsidising other franchises with money and Wallabies. You’d also imagine that RA will be far more circumspect with top up payments in Qld in future.

Personally I can’t see how it can be, but I hope Thorn is worth it.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Just to keep Thorn happy.

it's a little more than Thorn. It's the new young players coming through the system and the sponsors (existing and new). Some were very close to walking when the Hunt and Slipper things blew up. Thankfully they are still there because if they weren't the QRU may not be.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Any predictions for the match day 23 for next year?

I'll have a go:

1 JP Smith
2 Brandon Paenga-Amosa (assume he's signed, no confirmation yet)
3 Taniela Tupou
4 Lukhan Tui
5 Izack Rodda
6 Scott Higginbotham
7 Angus Scott-Young
8 Caleb Timu

I think that's reasonably straight forward. Backrow could be fiddled with. Liam Wright may be 7 or one of the young guys like Matt Gicquel or Tom Kibble (they are probably a year or two early).

Backrow is a little more uncertain.

9 options are Tuttle, Sorovi or McDermott. I think Stewart works best with a creative half, meaning probably Tate or Mosese. But is Paia'aua an option for 10 in which place a more solid 9 (Tuttle) may be an option?

10 is probably Hamish but I'll through Duncan in there only because we need to fit some 3/4s in there.

12 Paia'aua / Kerevi
13 Petaia / CFS

Wings being Perese, Daugunu or one of those left over 13s.

Fullback could be Stewart if Dunc plays 10. Or Petaia considering he got a shot there for QLD C.

My backline would be:

9 McDermott
10 Stewart
11 Daugunu
12 Paia'aua
13 Kerevi
14 Perese
15 Petaia

Leaving a bench of:

16 Mafi
17 Hoopert
18 Smith R