• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2019

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Magnay has signed for the Rebels in 2019. Done deal. Incredible they are getting all these names.

what players will the rebels have left over?

I have always thought Debreczeni would be a very good pickup for the Reds. I really rate him and he can cover a lot of positions and kicks

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2018/09/16/one-percenters-sept-16

he's being chased by three clubs, one of which is the Reds.

Oh and James O'Connor wants back into the Wallabies. How? I don't know.
James O'Connor....you know for all the ex-Reds and saga's like Slipper and Hunt for drug related issues...James O'Connor actually did not do anything major here issue wise - yeh some attitude issues that put off fans - but few of those going around - and end of the day the guy is a good rugby player so if he can come and play some decent rugby for a team and wallabies in oz why not?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
James O'Connor..you know for all the ex-Reds and saga's like Slipper and Hunt for drug related issues.James O'Connor actually did not do anything major here issue wise - yeh some attitude issues that put off fans - but few of those going around - and end of the day the guy is a good rugby player so if he can come and play some decent rugby for a team and wallabies in oz why not?

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2017/02/25/11/04/james-o-connor-cocaine

Except for the whole cocaine possession thing. If there's no room for Slipper to play again for the Reds there sure as shit isn't any for J'OC.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
hmm yes forgot about the cocaine possession thing. That scratches him from the Reds yes but not other oz franchises.

Hard one as I like players given a second chance and even a third chance (3 strikes and your out, hence would even like Hunt given another opportunity), but I also can't criticise Thorn's tough stance as at least putting a strong marker down on what he expects and end of the day the players took the cocaine - and not something anyone wants to see their players do or good for teams profile/reputation etc.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
and not something anyone wants to see their players do or good for teams profile/reputation etc.

A hard line stance/approach hasn't worked to stop people consuming drugs for almost 70 years. Brad's holier than attitude towards this won't achieve anything other than players with a problem trying to hide it rather than confiding in him and Reds HQ.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
A hard line stance/approach hasn't worked to stop people consuming drugs for almost 70 years. Brad's holier than attitude towards this won't achieve anything other than players with a problem trying to hide it rather than confiding in him and Reds HQ.

I dont think the issue is all about taking drugs, it is risking bringing disrepute the the team and showing that you are not takiong care of what enters your body.

If you want to consume anything that the team does not want you to take to ensure you are in prime condition to play then dont sign the contract.

Thorn is not saying never take drugs, just don't do it while you want to be paid to play rugby for the Reds.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I heard about their big - pre world cup squad. Where did you find the names?

Don't remember. I had a quick google and couldn't find anything to confirm. Would makes sense. If i was him and enjoyed it over there, would try to become Japans most capped player.
A lot of people forget that being professional sportsman means it is your job.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
I dont think the issue is all about taking drugs, it is risking bringing disrepute the the team and showing that you are not takiong care of what enters your body.

If you want to consume anything that the team does not want you to take to ensure you are in prime condition to play then dont sign the contract.

Thorn is not saying never take drugs, just don't do it while you want to be paid to play rugby for the Reds.

A while back there was an article from French doctors saying prolonged use of cocaine is performance enhancing. As it speeds up your reaction time, boosts your metabolism keeping you lean, makes you more aggressive and increases your adrenaline levels so you can with stand pain better. The article came about off the back of the high levels of cocaine use in French rugby and the doctors were trying to see if it was just taken for a good time or if it had any effects that crossed over. If anything it’s the alcohol you would want them off.

B

Bobby Sands

In my empirical experience, cocaine has never been much of a performance enhancer.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
A while back there was an article from French doctors saying prolonged use of cocaine is performance enhancing. As it speeds up your reaction time, boosts your metabolism keeping you lean, makes you more aggressive and increases your adrenaline levels so you can with stand pain better. The article came about off the back of the high levels of cocaine use in French rugby and the doctors were trying to see if it was just taken for a good time or if it had any effects that crossed over. If anything it’s the alcohol you would want them off.

I would imagine if you were repeatedly drunk and or turned up to training under the influence that the actions by THORN would be quite similar