• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds positivity thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Guys, A Positivity Thread is not usually used to debate stuff.

In the words of @WaratahJesus
It's a thread for posting positive thoughts, the other threads are for negative and hysterical rantings. This thread is for fun. Maybe if you don't want to have fun you could leave the thread alone?
Just to balance out the multiple discussions on what's wrong, I thought it time for people to give some credit to things that go right.

Rules:
1) post nothing negative
2) post something positive

Eg. The flags being handed out are great for atmosphere.

Discuss.
We Waratahs folk know a fair bit about positivity threads. They have been very useful over the past 20 years.:)

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
The reality for 2016 is that we possess a young, comparatively untested and untried 'development' squad. Like that or not, it now is what it is.

IMO, and (artificially) putting aside all coaching issues, the crucial priority for 2016 is giving plenty of game time to the most promising and talented players in that squad. There's no point trying to adopt a low-risk or risk-containment approach to how the team is allocated and developed in 2016.

We shouldn't care too much about winning in 2016 and an immediate over-focus on that will cause more fear in our new players than it will yield productively, instead we need to build capability and talent, and a mode of play and related team culture that ultimately can win more S18 games than we lose in 2017 and beyond.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Guys, A Positivity Thread is not usually used to debate stuff.
....<snip> .:)

WTF? Having a Greene for Reds 2016 is a major positive! What on earth is wrong with then just discussing a bit wrt his talents and areas he may need to improve (which is far from 'being not positive')?

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this what Quade always was? But you know, people said he was too error prone, etc. and needed to play a safer game more like Berrick Barnes. Now people complain he sits in the pocket too much.

TWAS I'm with you regarding QC (Quade Cooper) and the painful critiques. Maybe I didn't explain what I was saying about Greene well enough. I don't expect sleight of hand or bamboozling of defences from Greene. And I suspect it's a difficult thing to train. Hard running and passing though is looking good, I think, at NRC level.

Physically he looks pretty chunky (muscles) to me. Haven't seen McIntyre but if he is also developing both are Red positives.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
I'm reaching here but after watching QLD Country, is it a positive that they didn't sack RC and appoint Thompson?

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
I'm reaching here but after watching QLD Country, is it a positive that they didn't sack RC and appoint Thompson?

On the other hand Stiles continues to show that players are willing to work underneath him. He has now developed IMO the best crop of front rowers in the country. Brad Thorn to be injected into the program sometime soon and the Reds this week will announce their Attack Coach.

That will be a positive addition

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
On the other hand Stiles continues to show that players are willing to work underneath him. He has now developed IMO the best crop of front rowers in the country.

I wouldn't say that. Hanson left a starting position to fight it out at the Rebels with Leafa. Reds are light on in the Hooking department next year. Saia is fading as fast as his brother and Ready is inexperienced and light.

T

TOCC

I wouldn't say that. Hanson left a starting position to fight it out at the Rebels with Leafa. Reds are light on in the Hooking department next year. Saia is fading as fast as his brother and Ready is inexperienced and light.

You've missed the point of the thread..

I'm with Intruder, front row is a sure strength of the Reds and the set piece only seems to be getting better with both Brisbane City and QLD Country both dominating their opposition so far in 2015. With Slipper likely to miss a few games in 2016, Hirsimaki and Paraka are both putting their hands up to fill the starting role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

something

Jim Clark (26)
one thing i really like about Greene is his support play, and his ability to score points. He's fast off the blocks and for a fly half he manages to score a lot of tries. I'm assuming that we was top point scorer for prem grade this year? A player that can clear effectively and slot 3's from anywhere within the 50 is always handy.
That being said, I wouldn't be displeased with McIntyre and from the interviews i've seen he seems like a really good kid. I'm sure we will see both... and that's a positive!

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Takes less time to catch up on positivity thread than regular thread when you've had no comms for a week.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)

Ready is inexperienced and light a similar thing many people were saying about Hanson not to long ago. Also the Reds have Matthew Mafi could easily be one of the best scrummaging hookers in the land.
He was dominant over Leafa on the weekend and should be the back up should Ready not cope at scrum time.

MungoMan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Toowoomba this weekend for anyone wanting to see the future. NRC City v Country should be a rip snorter. Hard to work out who to back, so why not just go for whoever has the pill?

Well, I went. And now I'm positive that there are Qld. outside backs capable of running out of sight on a dark night.

Whether they are capable of playing well at Soup level I do not know, but at least their existence has been established.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Well, I went. And now I'm positive that there are Qld. outside backs capable of running out of sight on a dark night.

Whether they are capable of playing well at Soup level I do not know, but at least their existence has been established.

Great to hear.

Have to say that the way QLD is organising it's NRC teams is waaay better than here in NSW.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Hopefully Thorn will train with the lads and bring the same physicality to us. Never mind if the guy only weighs 70kg! (Plus I have NFI why the commentators were moaning)

Status
Not open for further replies.