• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds positivity thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I'm positive next season will be a disaster.

A snow leopard would ensure his displeasure is sensed by consuming some Mexican cuisine and then attending the next Reds Board meeting, with natural stealth standing beside JC and McCall and suggesting that Woody must have been here.

T

TOCC

Well, I went. And now I'm positive that there are Qld. outside backs capable of running out of sight on a dark night.

Whether they are capable of playing well at Soup level I do not know, but at least their existence has been established.

which backs impressed you the most?

I like Laolifi, but with his size I'm just not sure how he would go at Super Rugby level, someone mentioned Sevens might be interested in him.

T

TOCC

With Caderyn Neville hitting some great form in the NRC and the 2 QLD NRC team front rows scrummaging well the Reds should have a solid tight 5 in 2015.

THP: Holmes/Talakai/Fa'agase
Hooker:Fainga'a/Ready/Mafi
LHP: Slipper/Paraka/Hirsimaki*
Locks: Simmons/Douglas/Neville

Slipper is expected to miss a few games at the start of the season, but Paraka and Hirsimaki are scrummaging well only giving up on some of Slippers mobility around the ground.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
@TOCC

Neville looks the goods.
Front row! Do you remember when we thought Aus doesn't produce them?

Hunt seems to be relishing dropping down a level and may be enough to see him kick into some form next year.
Frisby is the full deal, fully Super ready.

McIntyre looking good. I'm still minded to Greene, and both will struggle initially in 2016, but you just never know.

I love the way the Reds are involved in NRC.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
not to put a dampener on your collective enthusiasm, Neville dominated in the NRC for the Rising last year also. not so much for the Rebels however. But certainly a good back up for Simmons/Douglas

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
With Caderyn Neville hitting some great form in the NRC and the 2 QLD NRC team front rows scrummaging well the Reds should have a solid tight 5 in 2015.

Slipper is expected to miss a few games at the start of the season, but Paraka and Hirsimaki are scrummaging well only giving up on some of Slippers mobility around the ground.

isn't Ben daley already signed? i would think despite some decent form for Country, he would still be ahead of Hirsimaki for a tighthead position.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Frisby and McIntyre have looked good together so far in the NRC. Also last night marked the debut of Moses Sorevi who came on at 9 for the last few minutes. His passes looked crisp and quick off the deck, very similar to a young Will Genia. Hopefully the Reds get his name on a dotted line in some aspect and develop him further.

T

TOCC

isn't Ben daley already signed? i would think despite some decent form for Country, he would still be ahead of Hirsimaki for a tighthead position.

Yep forgot about Daley, in saying that I think Hirsimaki is a better scrummager then Daley, and both players are loosehead props.

It will be interesting to see whether Daley has improved his scrummaging under Stiles coaching, Daley is the Jeremy Tilse of QLD Rugby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Oohh woops, but regardless Daleys scrummaging issues are well known for sure, but i thought he improved on that a bit and Daley offers a lot around the park. He seems like a more like-for-like replacement of Slipper. Would be happy to have either though.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I think it is ideal for him to inject himself as a second 10 when required. It allows our centres to be a bit less skilled as ball players.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)

From the few times he got on, Faagase I would say offers more then Paraka at LHP as well. Though a THP, I would rather have Faagase and Talakai at 17/18 to back up Daley and Holmes presuming Slips is getting his surgery.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
was hunt at Fullback or Outside? if both which did he look better at last night?

Fullback, looked good, very involved. I like the idea of him at FB as it allows him space and returning kicks/broken play etc, he's also a good defender in getting across to cover.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Fullback would be my preferred position for him as well, especially since JOCs contract situation is still uncertain. The problem is im not sure Kerevi and Fainga'a is a good enough combination. I hope A. Finger is just in a form slump because last season his defence and organisation of the defence was off, which was his real value to the team. He offers enough as a ball runner but needs the defence to make him a viable option. And i dont think Magnay is at all ready.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Good point, I hadn't really thought about who the other centre options are - Kerevi is a lock-in but outside of Anthony we are a bit lacking in experience aren't we? I think Magnay is a good prospect but still very young. Interesting that on the Reds squad page, Karmichael is listed as a fullback, and the only centres are AF, Magnay and Kerevi. I'd prefer KH to develop in one position and stick there but the centres will certainly need defensive organisation and that has been AF's strength. You never know, Kerevi and Magnay could develop well as a combination. Duncan P has been playing 12 for Qld Country and I think the U20s and been good - maybe put him at 12 and Kerevi at 13 so we have the dual playmakers at 10/12 rather than the bash it up 12.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Duncan has been playing well but i really want Kerevi to keep developing at 12. I want us to turn him into a Maa Nonu but without the stupid decision making and propensity to be penalised for his uncontrolled aggression. Obviously it took Nonu most of his Career to get the ball skills he has now but i reckon he is the most complete 12 on the planet at the moment. However if Fainga'a doesnt get back into form then 12. Paia'aua 13 Kerevi might be the best option

Status
Not open for further replies.