• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds positivity thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
if some of the rumours about people coming and going come true..

low on exp. big on size.

9.frisby 10.mcintyre 11.Nabuli 12. Kerevi 13. Sautia 14. Vidot 15. Hunt

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
if some of the rumours about people coming and going come true..

low on exp. big on size.

9.frisby 10.mcintyre 11.Nabuli 12. Kerevi 13. Sautia 14. Vidot 15. Hunt

9. Frisby
10. McIntyre
11. O'Connor
12. ?
13. Kerevi
14. Nabuli
15. Hunt

- F'Sautia should return around early super rugby rounds (2,3,4) depending on shoulder surgery but will be down on game time.

- The Reds need to learn from last seasons mistake and sign a ball playing 12. Having two carrying options in the midfield (12,13) will only work against a few sides. Duncan Paaiaua is great up & coming option but one with experience is what the Reds are lacking.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
9. Frisby
10. McIntyre
11. O'Connor
12. ?
13. Kerevi
14. Nabuli
15. Hunt

- F'Sautia should return around early super rugby rounds (2,3,4) depending on shoulder surgery but will be down on game time.

- The Reds need to learn from last seasons mistake and sign a ball playing 12. Having two carrying options in the midfield (12,13) will only work against a few sides. Duncan Paaiaua is great up & coming option but one with experience is what the Reds are lacking.

ah poor CFS. One of the rumours I was thinking of was JOC (James O'Connor) not sticking around, though I'm sure he will.

If CFS is injured and Fainga'a not in great form, I think the Kerevi/Hunt combo will continue at least to start with. Reckon Duncan needs some more quality bench time at 22. JOC (James O'Connor) at 15. Vidot/Kuridrani/Nabuli @ 11/12/23/

Though I agree - if they bring a marque play maker (hopefully not michalak) an option that has experience at 12 would be good aswell. In the barnes/harris/Mckallistar type I'm thinking of, allows them to babysit mcintyre/greene @ 10

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
The Vidot deal is going cold, very quick.
He is not in demand after his poor NRL season. Has gone from the wing to a few different clubs, to be a Second Row/Front Row forward in the Intrust QLD Cup. The Reds will wait out and try purchase him as cheap as possible in which he will probably decline if his got intentions to join the WWE.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Tui looking good against the Saffas. Not lighting the world on fire but will be an asset if he plays like this at Super Rugby level.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
By how many thousands did we smash the World's Largest Scrum record by? 3,000? 5,000? 10,000? I can't find any mention of it anywhere!

Surely, fans have gotten over repeatedly being spat on by the organisation and banded together for the greater good of the QRU commercial departments ego?

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
"When the scrum was formed, there were already 1,315 fans in the stadium and over 700 had officially registered to take part. For logistical reasons, registration for the scrum was closed 20 minutes prior to it being formed. Consequently, it is believed that there were over 1,200 participants, however, QRU asked all late comers to register as they left the stadium after the game and the final figure will be confirmed in the coming days."

Clearly the QRU don't have any staff members that can count and need to send the list out to someone who can count so they then know the tally.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
"When the scrum was formed, there were already 1,315 fans in the stadium and over 700 had officially registered to take part. For logistical reasons, registration for the scrum was closed 20 minutes prior to it being formed. Consequently, it is believed that there were over 1,200 participants, however, QRU asked all late comers to register as they left the stadium after the game and the final figure will be confirmed in the coming days."

Clearly the QRU don't have any staff members that can count and need to send the list out to someone who can count so they then know the tally.
They were counting you as you walked on to the field so I'd say they know the exact number that actually participated.

But if it's high enough to matter, getting that number ratified could be an issue if not everybody registered properly.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There is a medical explanation for a drop off in JOC (James O'Connor)'s 2015 form. He is getting off season surgery to be right to rip it up in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.