• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Brumbies

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Quirk got 2 weeks for his non-punch on Stewart last year.

"The SANZAAR Foul Play Review Committee has accepted a guilty plea from Ed Quirk of the Sunwolves for contravening Law 9.12: Striking with the hand or arm, after he was Red Carded during a Super Rugby Match at the Weekend.

"With respect to sanction the Foul Play Review Committee deemed the act of foul play merited a mid-range entry point of 4 weeks given the strike to the head of the opposition player. However, taking into account mitigating factors including the Player's good Judicial record, the fact the opposing Player was uninjured and the Player's guilty plea at the first available opportunity, the Foul Play Review Committee reduced the suspension to 2 weeks."

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
JP Smith was moving around freely yesterday.

Quirk was red carded so you can kind of add an extra week on.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Offer Thorn 50mins of game time with 14 players, or a three week suspension and he'd take the weeks off 10 times out of 10.

ASY (Angus Scott-Young) is a very lucky boy

Reactions: dru

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Great day out, the Reds really should try and convince the powers that be to give them more arvo games. Later in the season but ;)

Thanks for info on that Scoey, I must admit to wondering at the game where the Gaggers and kids were, and am so pleased yours had a great time mate!!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
For anyone else playing along at home. We took lollies in little zip lock bags but just took small snack packets of chips in their commercial packets. No problems at all. We had my daughters Rusty doll and a mini ball in my wifes handbag (had no idea about the ball ban!) and the security guard said to her, "Just keep that (ball) hidden, you're not supposed to bring them here. That Koala is cool but!!" Well played to him. He could've told us to check it, but didn't so I was impressed.

Hmm... I wonder how a kid's water bottle full of vodka would go?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Hmm. I wonder how a kid's water bottle full of vodka would go?

I'd say if a bunch of 20-something blokes turned up each with their paw patrol bottles full of vodka, security might check them.
:D

I know that's the risk with letting people bring liquids in but I'm glad common sense prevailed and they let us bring our kids drink bottles in. As it was they both smashed their waters by half time and I had to buy a bunch of mount franklins at half time to fill them up again.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I what, Marto et al. would refer to as a 'non-kicking' lock. Why do teams not use the torpedo kick these days? Is it an accuracy thing?

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Yeah too bloody right. Some of those kicks were absolutely booming. Kerevi, Hegarty and Stewart all had clearing kicks that went into the oppositions 50m.

More importantly Smith's kick set up try that broke the Brumbies back if you ask me!

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Pretty sure Newsome tried one on the weekend and it went roughly 50cm before finding touch.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Rodda's having a great game. Picked off the brumbies line-up earlier, and now drives Higgers over for the try

Maybe a matter for the Refereeing Decisions thread, but the Brumbies stopped the Reds maul on the required two occasions, and the ref gave the order to use it on the second occasion. As far as I know, the ball has to be used withing 5 seconds or possession turns over. It took 10 seconds (Imeasured the time) for the ball to come out after the ref's order and that led to Higger's try. IMO should have been a turnover with scrum feed to the Brumbies, as was ruled later in the game against the Brumbies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Maybe a matter for the Refereeing Decisions thread, but the Brumbies stopped the Reds maul on the required two occasions, and the ref gave the order to use it on the second occasion. As far as I know, the ball has to be used withing 5 seconds or possession turns over. It took 10 seconds (Imeasured the time) for the ball to come out after the ref's order and that led to Higger's try. IMO should have been a turnover with scrum feed to the Brumbies, as was ruled later in the game against the Brumbies.
Just another reason mauls are garbage and should be binned immediately.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
To part quote something I read on another thread - the Brumbies looked barely like NRC players, certainly not up to Super standard.

The reds on the other hand .. ;-)

You might think that's being sarcastic KOB, but I would say it's just the truth of the matter. The very poor performance by the Brumbies ( and I'm starting to think that is their par for the season) it does not detract at all from the Sub-standard performance put in by the Crusaders the day before.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

"When a maul has stopped moving towards a goal line for more than 5 seconds but the ball is being moved and the referee can see it, the referee instructs the payers to use the ball. The team in possession must then use the ball within a reasonable time."