• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v. Crusaders, May 29th, Suncorp - 2011R15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Here you go Scotty, down this before you turn up today.

The Reds meanwhile have got a game to win. This is what it's all about as a professional rugby player - one of the days they'll remember forever. I hope we fucking give it to them.

Btw - the back FIVE pages of the Sunday Mail today are about the Reds. Can anyone remember that ever happening before?

Attachments

• harden.gif
    harden.gif
    14.3 KB · Views: 1,617

MungoMan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Platinum are single seats only. Just tried to buy 2 tix in silver which is listed available but coming up allocation exhausted. Only thing that can stop the record being broken now appears to be nightmare weather.

Tickets obviously sold like hell, starting a while back. I bought mine Friday 20/5, and the Ticketek lady said no plats were available, singles only in gold and only a few areas of 3-adjacent-seats in silver. Bejaysus.

Gone are the days of grabbing plats early to mid-week for that weekend's game. And a damn good thing too...

D

densamer

Just relax scotty - she'll be right. No doubt it'll be an entertaining game.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
I read the courier sport each weekend and was woken rudely to a shock today when rugby featured on the first five pages. Never seen that many articles about rugby in one sport section, at least in my memory anyway. Perhaps someone who read the paper ten years ago can tell it differently?

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
No coverage at all of the game down here. Only just started to even mention Super Rugby in the papers with Melbourne joining this year. The only tv news that mentions it is the abc.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
.....Btw - the back FIVE pages of the Sunday Mail today are about the Reds. Can anyone remember that ever happening before?

Related question: has it ever been so that, in either Sydney or Brisbane, an SOO crowd was, in the same (or different) years equalled in numbers by an S12/14/15 crowd (as will likely be the case this week in Brisbane)? I find this an interesting question in terms of what might be achieved (in gate terms, comparable league) for union this week.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Here you go Scotty, down this before you turn up today.

The Reds meanwhile have got a game to win. This is what it's all about as a professional rugby player - one of the days they'll remember forever. I hope we fucking give it to them.

Btw - the back FIVE pages of the Sunday Mail today are about the Reds. Can anyone remember that ever happening before?

Just trying to claim the underdog tag! ;)

But I doubt any of us will be able to relax during the game.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
....But I doubt any of us will be able to relax during the game.

I was agitated enough in the Blues game, this will require medication before 80 is out I suspect. Where are the GAGR potions as might be offered up (take a Quade or such like, wasn't it?) for this forthcoming malady?

C

chriscullen

Try being a lone rabid crusaders fan in family of reds, about to leave for the game , need a beer to calm nerves this game build up is like a world cup final, it's fantastic it's knocked league off the back page

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Just about to get my stuff together! I am very nervous about this one! Have a great afternoon everyone!

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Settle down, Queenslanders, this is not the Final. It's just another regular season game that may very well not live up to the hype as a spectacle. I hope the players are not as psyched up as the punters.

If the 'Tahs can't get there I hope your boys go all the way. But it's a Melbourne Cup style competition and they're still rounding the turn.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Settle down, Queenslanders, this is not the Final. It's just another regular season game that may very well not live up to the hype as a spectacle. I hope the players are not as psyched up as the punters.

If the 'Tahs can't get there I hope your boys go all the way. But it's a Melbourne Cup style competition and they're still rounding the turn.

Just for future reference - how excited are we allowed to be?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I am worried about the game, but I am very excited for Qld rugby to have 40000 plus at a regular season game. Especially since 84000 have already been throught he gates this week.

B

Blackjack

I can't wait to see what the atmosphere is like. I;m hopeful that people will make a bit of noise and that we won't need that douche bag on the mic starting that, 'we are red' crap

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Just for future reference - how excited are we allowed to be?

One would hope, Godfrey, a bloody sight more excited than we New South Welshmen get. But when you've got two newspapers apparently each giving five full pages to the game that seems to me over the top and unsustainable.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
One would hope, Godfrey, a bloody sight more excited than we New South Welshmen get. But when you've got two newspapers apparently each giving five full pages to the game that seems to me over the top and unsustainable.

we've only got the one. And quite frankly, i don't think the Reds need to take lessons on support from Waratah supporters.

Get excited lads. We've sold out. It's going to be a cracker.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I am a Reds supporter simply because of the way they play the game. I cannot wait and haven't looked forward to game so much since the round 3 Tahs V Saders where they proved that they were the same old Tahs side.

No matter what happens today the Reds are the shining light in Oz Rugby and the only team to display a consistant level of skill application no matter what game plan they trot out. IN fact they are the only Oz side able to play multiple styles of game and tactics depending on what they are confronted with. This fact alone show how highly developed the Reds basic skills are and why they are in fact so far ahead of the other Oz sides.

Thanks Reds for a saving us from the dire and the inept, now if you would only produce some decent beer I could consider moving and perhaps even apostacy. XXXX is however only useful for cleaning cheap silver and washing the dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.