• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v. Crusaders, May 29th, Suncorp - 2011R15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali's Choice

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The capacity crowd should be of real benefit to both teams. Whilst the Reds player will have massive support to draw upon, no doubt the Crusaders players will also draw upon the energy and atmosphere generated by a capacity crowd.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
If the showers hold off, Reds by 6. If it does get a bit wet I think Crusaders have the ability to adapt a bit better to that playing style, and when I say Crusaders I mean Dan Carter knows how too haha. As much as Carter and Cooper's running and playmaking games will be vital, I think it'll come down to their kicking games. Both in general play and goal kicking.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I can't remember being this excited by the prospect of a QLD game since probably the late 1990's. For the good of Australian rugby, get into 'em boys.

MungoMan

Sydney Middleton (9)
I can't wait to see what the atmosphere is like. I;m hopeful that people will make a bit of noise and that we won't need that douche bag on the mic starting that, 'we are red' crap

By christ I'd pay good money to see him go under a bus. Unforgivably annoying.

Anyway, just less than thirty minutes before I head off for Suncorp. With a certain amount of trepidation.

It would be nice to be an optimist for just one day, to know what it's like...

Reido

Sydney Middleton (9)
C'mon Reds, you guys have to pick up the slack as no Aussie team has won a game this weekend!!!!

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Settle down, Queenslanders, this is not the Final. It's just another regular season game that may very well not live up to the hype as a spectacle. I hope the players are not as psyched up as the punters.

If the 'Tahs can't get there I hope your boys go all the way. But it's a Melbourne Cup style competition and they're still rounding the turn.

Mate, if the punters weren't psyched up, there wouldn't be 52,000 people turning up to Suncorp today!!! To hell with the game not living up to expectations or it just being a regular season game. I'm just flippin excited at the prospect of the Reds - yes the cellar dwellers of Australia rugby - selling out Suncorp Stadium on a Sunday afternoon.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Mate, if the punters weren't psyched up, there wouldn't be 52,000 people turning up to Suncorp today!!! To hell with the game not living up to expectations or it just being a regular season game. I'm just flippin excited at the prospect of the Reds - yes the cellar dwellers of Australia rugby - selling out Suncorp Stadium on a Sunday afternoon.

Oh for gawd's sake, the cellar dwellers?? You had a few down years over a pretty good history. Let's not get too carried away with the misty-eyed sentimentality.;)
Great to see a sell-out anywhere in Oz.
Go the Reds, though.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Go Reds! I'm looking forward to this more than I can ever remember for a regualr season super game and I don't really have a good reason why, but who cares? CAARRNN!!!!!!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Really pumped for this now. Wish Foxsports were running a longer pregame show as I'm having to watch the Lions play the Crows.

Just came home from a kids Birthday party and it was the topic of conversation between all of the Dad's who aren't big rugby fans.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I am in the stands. Showered for about 45 mins but dry now.

Pitch condition is fairly shit after all the league this week.

Rain going to make it slippery so more knock-ons which means trouble for the Reds at scrum time and around the park in attack

R

RuckinGoodStats

Goal kickers Reds Cooper 71% (53 from 75) Crusaders: Carter 77% (40/52); Berquist 68% (27/40)

Ref stats:Dickinson forced to award, per game average 20.5 pens (11.8 pens at ruck) 4.7 scrum resets & scrum infringes

Ref stats:Dickinson 7 (1=most/highest) from 16 refs to award pens, 5th in scrum resets, 7th for scrum infringes

Reds on average (#super15 rank 1=most/highest) per game: 10.2 pens (6); 4.8 pens at ruck (13); 6.3 hand errs (15); 10.3 miss tackles (15)

Crusaders on average (#super15 rank 1=most/highest) per game: 10.5 pens (3); 6.3 pens at ruck (3); 10.2 hand errs (4); 13.9 miss tackles (4)

Status
Not open for further replies.