• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v. Crusaders, May 29th, Suncorp - 2011R15

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Unfortunately the article forgot to mention the incident where McCaw kicked Cooper. Just a little detail that is the likely provocation that led to Cooper's push.

Got a video of either of those 2 kicks please?

Definitely some build up around this one, should be a cracker. Can't see the reds being toppled myself, this should be a game of inches & the homeground should be enough for them to get home. Not withstanding that the reds gave them an absolute hiding there last year. Reds by 8

M

Maroon Army

Here you go.

[video=youtube;TkDTkXuxr7Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkDTkXuxr7Q[/video]

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
This is going to be a tough one to call.
The history of the Crusaders versus the new and improved Reds. Hopefully the Reds can play like they did last year when the teams last met.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Just bought ten Tickets for concession in silver and I'm in exactly the same section as I was for the Roar grand final. A good omen perhaps (Section 727, must mean this game is ticking towards sell out cause that's right up the top corner)

T

TOCC

How the Reds deal with the Crusaders scrum will be a key match up, other parts of the line up are tic for tac IMO, but the scrum is where the real difference in strength lies..

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Good god, he kicked with no force, barely made contact & was on the ground after just being cleaned out by a bloke in a no arm shoulder charge whose now giving him a verbal spray??

I dunno, I wouldn't be happy with anyone doing a "rucking" motion anywhere near my balls, especially with footy boots.

There was nothing in it by both players, but saying McCaw wasn't at fault is pushing a very thin line there.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
In some rather disturbing news, a bloke I know struggled to get his hands on a Crusaders jersey today as apparently the Brisbane CBD sports stores have sold out of them.

What will the Crusaders be playing in anyway? Even their grey away strip still has a fair bit of red in it and red shorts too. What are the rules on uniform clashes in S15? Can't really have both team trotting out there in bright red.

Ali's Choice

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Loved it when QC (Quade Cooper) did that. About time someone gave McCaw some of his own crap.

I don't want to get into a debate about whether QC (Quade Cooper) was right or wrong to behave the way he did after that match winning try. But can anyone seriously imagine Dan Carter behaving in such a petulant manner? I think Cooper has matured since then, and I doubt he would repeat his actions if the situation arose again.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
I imagine the Crusaders will persist with the high up and unders that we saw last week against the Chiefs. That is a very effective weapon when your scrum is so dominant. Unless the Reds back three are very accurate when catching these high kicks, there is a good chance they will knock the ball on, leading to a scrum. And even if the Crusaders chasers cannot secure the ball cleanly, they can knock the ball on with impunity knowing that a scrum is still a positive outcome for their team.

More inclined to think the Crusaders will whip the ball out to midfield before turning it back inside against the drift where the cover will be slow because Reds backrow will be tied down to scrum.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
You do come up with some pretty out there statements at times - say what you want about McCaw's play, but not that he is a cheap shot merchant. I can't recall when I saw him do anything like what Quade did.

You dont recall because he never has; McCaw is a class act. Quade can be a bit of a punk at times.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Why the hell was QC (Quade Cooper) moving toward McCaw away from play when he was on the ground anyway?

Because he gave him a kick to the bum a split second before McCaw, so technically he started it. Who would've thought any different? Cooper is (was?) like a stupid - though talented - kid, McCaw is much more mature and his temper won't get to him. I hope Cooper gets it on the field on sunday.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Because he gave him a kick to the bum a split second before McCaw, so technically he started it. Who would've thought any different? Cooper is (was?) like a stupid - though talented - kid, McCaw is much more mature and his temper won't get to him. I hope Cooper gets it on the field on sunday.

Just hoping for a good game. McCaw hasn't hit his straps yet and QC (Quade Cooper) is playing very well. QC (Quade Cooper) can expect a lot of ball coming down his channel this Sat if the Crusaders scrum dominates. The Red have risen to all challenges this year and so I'm interested to see what scheme Link comes up with to blunt the Crusaders edge. Crusaders lineout is a relative weakness that will be targeted for sure.

R

RuckinGoodStats

I know what you mean. I did take note of your stats of Walsh's history, but in all honesty I find Walsh a pretty decent ref. He does give clear and fair warning of what he expects before he unleashes a penalty and/or card, and he is usually pretty consistent both ways. I'm sure there are those out there that may have a far different opinion.

As to my original comment, even though it was quite flippant, the truth is that if the players take heed of the warnings and play the game within the rules, the points will come from the team that plays the best.

You are correct one should play to the ref especially if he is yelling "roll away tackler" and they don't...

Status
Not open for further replies.