• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Crusaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Quade lacks composure under pressure. We've got To'omua and Lilo now who have re-signed until 2017.

No more room for a .

images
A bit harsh, but find myself unable to mount any argument at the moment.

Its a shame, Qaude has worked hard over the last years since his injury, and his worst nightmares of 2012 have returned. Just the names have changed. I wish him the best as he is now most likely at a crossroads and needs to make some hard decisions to allow him a chance to get out of his predicament.

It seems only Link can get the best out of him though, and maybe if Link sticks with the incumbents he may surprise against the Frogs. Whether that's enough of a confidence builder for ABs/SA though, I am skeptical.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Quade had a poor game, resorting to some pretty low percentage options too many times. But I wouldn't single him out.
Once again the defence was just awful at times, coupled with bad kick-chase and trying to outdo the Crusaders in kicking duels (really, does no-one learn??).
Agree with those other points re the Reds, but I do think that Quade is not the Wallabies 10 any more.

It's not a one-off in terms of his poor decisions, it's the norm when under pressure. And now we've got some better options for that "yellow" jersey.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Agree with those other points re the Reds, but I do think that Quade is not the Wallabies 10 any more.

It's not a one-off in terms of his poor decisions, it's the norm when under pressure. And now we've got some better options for that "yellow" jersey.

I've never really supported the guy but this is totally ignoring his EOYT form.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
I've never really supported the guy but this is totally ignoring his EOYT form.
Reckon I would have been supporting him when you possibly weren't. :)

Playing against Scotland and Ireland is one thing, but the ABs are another level, and Cooper goes missing when the pressure is really on.

The thing is, we've got better options now.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Just got home from the game. Cooper started chasing the game - playing catch-up - after that miserable start to the second half. And the Crusaders who were merely solid to that point made them pay over and over.

Reds don't trust each other or their systems. That means they are going to keep losing until they do. Their systems look rubbish anyway. Bye Woody!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Should I watch replay of this?

Only if you like watching Giro D'somewhere cycling or a marathon run somewhere else.

Fox sports changed the channel from Fox 1 to Fox 3 but still advertised the game on Fox 1. If you set your IQ to record Fox 1 then its cycling or marathon for you.

If you like Reds rugby, then Cycling might be a better option for you.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A couple of pages back @boyo posted the details of the complaints email at Fox Sports.

I'd imagine that there will be a large number of persons who are in a similar boat.

FoxSports - feedback@foxsports.com.au

Vent your spleen

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
The thing is, so many former Reds Wallabies will see their Wallaby chances go out the door with Graham as coach. Can't see many Reds even making the train on squad at this stage.

So, soon it becomes a question of the board choosing between the coach and the players. Having heard of the relationships between the board and Graham, and how Graham was appointed, I fear what their decision will be.

This is the deeper potential appalling consequence of the RG hiring decision in early 2012. The Wallabies chances of major success will be further diminished as the effective elite payer pool with confidence and self-belief will be reduced just when we needed the very opposite with a new coach in Link, Wallaby crowds in decline, and Aus rugby in a highly fragile state financially.

The next potentially disastrous consequence is the probable decline in the financial and commercial viability of the QRU in the crucial period of 2015-16 just when the ARU's finances will likely be at a nadir.

These are the types of potentially unfolding 'macro consequential' scenarios for Aus rugby as a whole that always worried me when RG was appointed to take over a then highly flourishing and successful Reds enterprise. The immediate likelihood that RG would quickly take the Reds down with him (as he so nearly did at the Force) was but a 'local' consequence, yet the overall stakes for the code as a whole were/are much bigger.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Some annoyances re Graham's reds:
The demise of contestable kicks, replaced with carefree lobs to the Cru back 3 (not even finding touch occasionally)
The absence of runners on Coopers inside shoulder,
The persistence with a lightweight back row that usually takes a backward step,
The shuffle of Taps to outside centre when he is the only back making breaks
The narrow defence being exposed out wide again and again
The fact the reds seem to come out asleep from the halftime break while the Cru are doing passing drills in the minutes before the secondhalf kickoff.
The odd, defensive kicking game in the second half that is rapidly replaced by chasing the game when it hasn't worked

It was nice to see McDuling get a run - he's a likely looking lad - and Browning to get a start.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
FIRST OF ALL, CONGRATULATIONS CRUSADER FANS. There are some high quality ones on this forum.

Quade tried some silly stuff but it is the intent that counts in those circumstances. People who want to single him out in a whole team that played poor are dribbling shit.

Graham needs to be told Monday morning that his job is up for grabs in 2014 and he must re-apply if he wants to keep it. It just isn't working and the decay is just to rapid for us to be patient.

Our skills are shocking, we look aimless and we don't look fit enough. These are attributes the Reds have excelled at since 2010.

That whole capitulation tonight was just depressing to watch.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Only if you like watching Giro D'somewhere cycling or a marathon run somewhere else.

Fox sports changed the channel from Fox 1 to Fox 3 but still advertised the game on Fox 1. If you set your IQ to record Fox 1 then its cycling or marathon for you.

If you like Reds rugby, then Cycling might be a better option for you.

I noticed that. Knights game took 2 hours 7 minutes to play, apparently.
But glutton that I am for punishment I see its being replayed at 7:30 tonight - and I'm recording it

Status
Not open for further replies.