• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Force 2015 Super Rugby Rd 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
B-a3S9ACEAAj3wT.png
Just adding the ref was off to the right of that picture, so any force ire should be directed at the assistant on the left side.

T

TOCC

I think you might find that Fainga'a was actually the first one to go to his knees when he overextended on the shove

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Daley definitely went to his knees but it's worth looking at the angle of the force lhp. Nowhere near straight.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I'm sure in the first couple of scrims the force ThP had elbow on ground no penalty just a reset

Anyway a PT should have come earlier than the Ref awarded it

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Oh it was a cacophony of errors. The Force scrum was by no means good, I just thought they were a bit hard done by for a Penalty Try.

M

Moono75

I think Sias first instinct is to kick over run and therefore Godwin needs to play 12 and be more of a playmaker with Junior going back to 13.

Thomson had a good game for the Reds. Was always one of my favourite players at the Clan. Can't beat having an experienced head on the field. Unfotunately I didn't think Sam Wykes has the command and authority to lead from the front.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
A few thoughts from the game.

I thought the Reds forwards did a good job at shutting down the force eps the back row.

I thought that while the Reds had the better scrum the force were heavily penalised. As has been mentioned on numerous occasions Daley angled in like a boss and went to ground but the force were penalised. This isn't to say that the force scrum wasn't at fault at all during the game but at this level refs really need to be on their game at scrum and unfortunately not many are.

I had/hAve great fears for the forcw front row. I said it during the preseason but our depth is very poor.

Losing Longbottom and manu has really hurt us.

Loosing Longbottom is a double whammy as not only have we lost out #1 THP but we now have out #2 LHP as the starting TH. And with Cowan out our stocks are very poor.

Not sure what the answer is but Heiberg and van Wyk aren't it.

The lineout have been very poor on both games. No sure if this is down to timing between the jumper and thrower, poor throwing or a jumping issue. I going to lean towards it being a jumping issue because it only seems to be an issue when wykes calls it to himself the other jumpers don't seem to have the same problems.

So I'm putting it down to poor jumping and poor handling skills from wykes which is a real shame I thought he would really step up with the C next to his name.

Depth as always is an issue and the injuries are all ready starting to mount up

Cowan
Hodgo
Alcock
van Wyk
DHP
Coleman

Now for some good news.......

The Badger is back in town this week and should be available for selection for the game in Friday!!!!!

T

TOCC

See this image, those are Saia Faingaas knees, Daleys left knee is extended rearward and you can vaguely see his heavily strapped right knee also off the ground..

I'm not claiming Daley is a good scrummager, but his reputations precedes him and I think in this circumstance be has been unfairly blamed.. He was dragged to his knees by Fainga'a who overextended on the initial shove.

df8ab27c2dc4b63d7eb4d8365242d9e0.jpg

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks an awful lot like an illegal bind from the force tighthead.

I've not been a big fan of Daley's scrummaging in the past but was pleasantly surprised last night. I wonder if part of the improvement was Thomson really knowing what he's doing on the side of the scrum.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Give Wykes either the C or the calling duties but not both. That might help. McCalman would make good captain material.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I told ref at previous scrum from 17 rows back that we could do with a penalty try & it was obviously quiet enough that he heard me. Either that or he'd had enough of repeated Force infringements at all the scrums on the preceding 5 minutes.

I thought it was Thomson who told the ref we should have a penalty try awarded after the first of that series of scrums.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
90 percent of the time the reds or daily on particular were illegal. Scrummaging. I'm not saying we would Of Won the game if the ref Picked it up but it would of helped their cause.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Hey I'm ashamed to admit this but I haven't watched the game as I couldn't watch it live and now I don't really want to as you've all said it's shit. But could someone kindly please tell me how some players went?

- Did Browning get much game time?
- How did our locks go, in particular the debut of Murday?
- Also what about the young Campbell Magnay, did he look out of place or good to go?

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
- Did Browning get much game time?
- How did our locks go, in particular the debut of Murday?
- Also what about the young Campbell Magnay, did he look out of place or good to go?

Browning got maybe 10-15 at the end of the game, Schatz had a fairly good game.

Magnay didn't really see much action, 90% of the game was stop start in the tight. I don't recall him touching the ball.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I think most would agree the game was not a fantastic example of rugby.

Most would agree that with all the disruptions the Reds had this week together with last weeks effort the character of the team was great to register the win.

T

TOCC

Browning got maybe 10-15 at the end of the game, Schatz had a fairly good game.

Magnay didn't really see much action, 90% of the game was stop start in the tight. I don't recall him touching the ball.

Magnay did a few good things, he was actually responsible for the turnover before Turner's try, he did a good counter ruck which caused a turnover, Genia box kicked it, Magnay chased and applied pressure and the Force kicked it straight to Kuridrani

Status
Not open for further replies.