• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Force 2015 Super Rugby Rd 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
It was a bit embarrassing to be beaten by the reds to be honest. I'm not sure why. It's not like the force are a much better team but with JOC (James O'Connor) being out and slipper going early that reds side looked pretty inexperienced. Force should of taken 4 points. If they are a point shy of making the finals again this will be the game to look back on.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
For the record, I am also not in favour of the bozo at SFS using the Ground PA at about 130 dB to gee the crowd up with their - NEW . . . SOUTH . . . WALES chant, or at any stadium. As others have said it is lame as.

I like the idea of silently using the electronic scoreboard to rev up the crowd (IF they must), but the spontaneous chant from engaged (and enraged) fans is the best.

The NSW chant seemed to me to arise much more spontaneously for the final and semifinal last year. The chanting at those two games, especially the final in the cavern that is Olympic Park, was totally awesome and added immensely to the fans enjoyment and the match outcome.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Finally had a chance to rewatch the game, thought I'd put up some thoughts:

Reds:

-Turner was exactly what we needed at fullback, showing up where and when he was needed
-Was great to see the good kick chase from the crusaders game return, could still improve but I suppose when you kick for 1200m in a game its going to fall away at times
-As has already been mentioned here even if he didn't get much chance to involve himself it was great to see a few important plays from Magnay. With his big hit on Coleman last week he's beginning to make a habit of key physical plays in defence, a rare sight from a young winger.
-Thought Murday had a good debut, putting a dominant tackle on Wykes to setup a turnover and getting a key lineout steal. Early days, but if he comes on well it go a long way to solving the Horwill departure. Simmons, Mcduling, Kotze and Murday looks like a pretty good set.
-The Gill and Thomson combo was outstanding.

For the Force:

-Set piece and the scrum in particular is obviously an issue for them but it's really going to impact there ability to play their disruptive game if they don't sort it out
-Add in Hodgson and now Alcock out and they're starting to look in real trouble.
-Also Ebersohn seems to be holding them back, his kicking has been poor so far and Godwin is looking wasted at outside, maybe in part because it's Rasolea inside him. They may need to roll the dice and play 10 Holmes 12 Godwin and try and inject some spark into the backline with the return of the Honey Badger. It's a pity they couldn't hold onto Leyds, he's starting to look like the piece missing from their backline.
-They couldn't keep it up as much as usual this game but it is beatufil to see the them barrel in and really hammer a ruck, they're excellent at it when they're on.

The work Stiles has done with the Reds scrum looks to be paying dividends, with him potentially looking at the Tahs top job it'd be a shame to lose him. While I think Graham still has a chance to save his job and if he produces results I'd be happy to see him stay, I'm not sure how confident I'd be in him without Stiles there with him.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
In the long kicking game, particularly in the first half, I thought that Ebersohn had us. He often found grass and pushed us back. Where we had them was the contested kicks, where the length and chase was good and it made it a real lottery.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
No idea how anyone can rate the reds scum after that game. They got away with it and also got away with some Wayward lineout throws. The force lost because they had the wrong game plan. They won't go far without having a crack and running the ball.

T

TOCC

No idea how anyone can rate the reds scum after that game.

Both teams scrummed illegally at time, that is why scrummaging is called the 'dark arts', one team just did it much better then the other.. Don't kid yourself and think the Force pack weren't angling in or using illegal binds because there were plenty examples of both during the game.. It happens at super rugby level and at test level, the last ENGvAUS test in November highlighted this with England dominating Australia's scrum on the back of some very illegal tactics...but that's part of the game... Few would argue that the England scrum didn't deserve to win that day, they played the rules better to overpower the wallabies scrum.

The scrum performance shouldn't have come as a surprise given the performance of Brisbane City vs Perth Spirit in the NRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Both teams scrummed illegally at time, that is why scrummaging is called the 'dark arts', one team just did it much better then the other.. Don't kid yourself and think the Force pack weren't angling in or using illegal binds because there were plenty examples of both during the game.. It happens at super rugby level and at test level, the last ENGvAUS test in November highlighted this with England dominating Australia's scrum on the back of some very illegal tactics.but that's part of the game. Few would argue that the England scrum didn't deserve to win that day, they played the rules better to overpower the wallabies scrum.

The scrum performance shouldn't have come as a surprise given the performance of Brisbane City vs Perth Spirit in the NRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeh. It reminded me exactly of that Australia England test

Status
Not open for further replies.