• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Force 2015 Super Rugby Rd 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Yes, I believe he did - I guess the question then is who comes into the bench? Maybe Mafi covers the back row? But then no real #7.
Kane and Richard Hardwick are the backup opensides if I recall

If anything, the issues are with our prop stocks. Cowan and van Wyk with an injury cloud over their heads means we have two tightheads - Hoskins and Heiberg - and Faulkner who can cover both.

If Cowan does not recover in time for the Canes, who is next in line? Joe Savage or Alec Hepburn from the Spirit?

T

TOCC

This was a match of character from the Reds, it was always going to be a slug it out style match, it's how the Force like to play(just watch Rd1) and the Reds didn't have the back combinations, so they were always going to keep it in the forwards..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Crowd size was disappointing, even with the weather and other issues in the lead up. Hopefully all those who didn't turn up will have seen the reds dig deep do exactly what they needed to and won't be skipping the next home game. Bloody glad I was there, it was an ugly game but one that did a lot to restore my faith in the players (Still plenty of questions over the coach).

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The Force's general kicking was absolutely horrible (though the Reds wasn't much better). I struggle to believe the Force can't pick up a better 10 than Ebersohn - I haven't seen him challenge a line this year.

Are you talking financial year - cos i can't remember him doing it during season 2014: i assume that's the way Foley wants it, as he did at the Tahs.
Hopefully he won't be allowed near the Wallaby backs in his assistant's role.

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
The Force's general kicking was absolutely horrible (though the Reds wasn't much better). I struggle to believe the Force can't pick up a better 10 than Ebersohn - I haven't seen him challenge a line this year.

In all those games he's played this year? In his defense, it's been pretty clear that the game plan hasn't been to set the backline alight. Last season he had a few games where he distributed well, but generally, it looks like he's playing to a game plan. I agree, though - he's not a great running/distributing 10.

T

TOCC

Someone mentioned it previously, but the Reds pre-game show is arguably better then the one Foxsports produce:

T

TOCC

I thought this was pretty cool as well, I didn't even notice It on the broadcast
70033be1a2d384662f67216f5421a24c.jpg

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Ground staff (and the grass) will love this technology, but does it open the door for the Networks to "sell" more advertising space?

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
http://j.MP (Moana Pasifika)/17l50qK

I'm still fairly incredulous about this one. You can clearly see Daley crawling on his knees for five metres before the PT is given.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I thought this was pretty cool as well, I didn't even notice It on the broadcast
70033be1a2d384662f67216f5421a24c.jpg

I figured they must have been CGI signs because at times when the grass was chopped up from a scrum it was flickering in those sections. Very clever. I like it!

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Ok performance, got the win so it's a close confrence for australia in the early stages.
With what happened Mr Blow and JOC (James O'Connor), Phipps did a great job with out my fix it LUCUS.

Great scrum and force were getting dominated, pitty the ref was to scared to blow a penalty try. Especially when you have Ex All Black pointing to the sticks.

Happy the Reds won, and worked hard in keeping the penalties down.

REDS
Are you for real? Daily was angling in at every scrum. That ref had no clue how to ref a scrum. One of the last scrums, daily went 90 degrees and the force did so well to stay strait and the ref still penalised us for boring in.

T

TOCC

Are you for real? Daily was angling in at every scrum. That ref had no clue how to ref a scrum. One of the last scrums, daily went 90 degrees and the force did so well to stay strait and the ref still penalised us for boring in.

So you are arguing the Force scrum wasn't getting dominated?
The Force props were angling in as well, they just weren't scrummaging as well..

It should have been a penalty try at 50min, the Ref was lenient not to award it then.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
I don't think that's the point. Daley was, at various points, facing 90 degrees, on his knees, losing his bind etc etc. The penalty try is a good example of it. The Force TH did a great job getting Daley in all sorts of trouble that, realistically, he should've/would've been pinged for.

T

TOCC

I don't think that's the point. Daley was, at various points, facing 90 degrees, on his knees, losing his bind etc etc. The penalty try is a good example of it. The Force TH did a great job getting Daley in all sorts of trouble that, realistically, he should've/would've been pinged for.

mate i just re-watched that very scrum, the Force THP was going backwards and thats when the Reds front row went to their knees, because the Force front row took a backwards step when the hooker tried to hook for the ball.

At 61min you will see the Force THP drop his arm and pull the scrum down.
At 67min and you will see the Force THP doing some illegal binding and angling in, he started his bind on Daleys back and then shifted it to the sleeve(illegal bind) once the ball went in.

The Force THP really wasn't doing a good job at all..

something

Jim Clark (26)
i haven't seen the game - only the highlights (which were pretty entertaining considering its meant to be a shitty game)

The most positive comments i've read are the ones re: frisby (back up 10), turner (kicking for touch) and the allblack (doing his job)

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
mate i just re-watched that very scrum, the Force THP was going backwards and thats when the Reds front row went to their knees, because the Force front row took a backwards step when the hooker tried to hook for the ball.

At 61min you will see the Force THP drop his arm and pull the scrum down.
At 67min and you will see the Force THP doing some illegal binding and angling in, he started his bind on Daleys back and then shifted it to the sleeve(illegal bind) once the ball went in.

The Force THP really wasn't doing a good job at all..

B-a3S9ACEAAj3wT.png

B-a3SLkCUAAsm27.png

This is only the PT, but Daley goes to his knees when the Reds get the shove on and drags the whole scrum down with him. It's inconsequential now, and I can understand your point, my interpretation just would have been different to the end result.

Status
Not open for further replies.