• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Rebels Rd 14, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
My usual unpaid (and unaffiliated) plug for Carlton's Great Northern Hotel gets inserted here.

They're showing the Rebels on the projector and inside for those who like good beer and the not-CBD with their rugby.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
And for my plug, Turf Bar it is (sorry Tex). KevinO and I will be there, with a few other Rebels drunkards. If/when we win you're bound to see me do something stupid on Twitter or here. Watch this space...

I am nervous about this game, like others in the Rebels cam have suggested. The Reds have a solid pack and on paper they can beat any team. We need to target the greenhorn at 10 and even Special K as he has stuff-all match time under his belt. If we play like animals at the breakdown, build some set piece ascendancy we can tear it up in the midfield and get the chocolates for this game.

Roll on 7:40 please...

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
Warning , Warning ,, this is such an easy game for the rebels to loose . If they go into this overconfident the wounded Reds will eat them . After that we will be on a snake to the bottom. Must win , if they get on top must put them to the sword without mercy .

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Yep agree 100%. Tony better have them on their toes and on-edge. I'll be fucking outraged if there's a hint of complacency.

D

daz

Heads up, boys and girls. We are asking our lads to be confident and grab the game by the throat; the least we can do is show the same commitment.

I'm willing to bet that Tony and the boys know exactly what is at stake here, and while there are banana skins in every game, recent form should count for a bit of good-will.

Plenty of time to rip into them post-game if they fall over.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ Look at you going all @PaarlBok.

Sooner or later the Red Mob have to put in a performance that they and their fans would be proud of, regardless of how useless they/we think the coach and/or game plan is. There is always a rainbow after a storm, and how long can this patch of bad weather stay around for?

Rebels are known for putting in the odd laxative performances and if ever there was a time that they may have their guard down, this match could be the one.

What the Force did do, has done, and continues to do to the Waratahs could happen to the Rebels tonight if they relax and don't get some early points on.

I reckon it will either be the Rebels by a country mile, or the Reds to sneak home by <7.

I'll confirm my prediction closer to the full time whistle.

D

daz

I'll confirm my prediction closer to the full time whistle.

Me too. Except I'll have a look at the full time score and claim that was what I predicted.

I'm an honours graduate of the Biff Tannen school of sports prognostication.

:p

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Heads up, boys and girls. We are asking our lads to be confident and grab the game by the throat; the least we can do is show the same commitment.

I'm willing to bet that Tony and the boys know exactly what is at stake here, and while there are banana skins in every game, recent form should count for a bit of good-will.

Plenty of time to rip into them post-game if they fall over.

C'mon Daz, it's a bit like walking and chewing gum. Confident that we'll win, but desperate that we do so with a killer's instinct.

D

daz

C'mon Daz, it's a bit like walking and chewing gum. Confident that we'll win, but desperate that we do so with a killer's instinct.

That's just crazy talk. No-one can do that!

Or is it just me?

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
My usual unpaid (and unaffiliated) plug for Carlton's Great Northern Hotel gets inserted here.

They're showing the Rebels on the projector and inside for those who like good beer and the not-CBD with their rugby.

That's generally my favourite venue to watch the rugby because of the better than average beer list. Hopefully they'll have the game on inside though.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What an easy try? Naivalu just burns Genia and McIntyre off for pace after running 70 metres.

Pretty poor defence from the Reds cover.

Converted. Rebels lead 7-0 after 6 minutes.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Oh dear. JOC (James O'Connor) more interested in getting his jersey back on, not sure what CFS is interested in these days, don't think it's rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.