• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Rebels Rd 14, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well..

With apologies to @cyclopath it doesn't take a brain surgeon to work that out.

Knuckles comes in, we (shock horror) play a 10 at 10, Turner on the wing where he belongs, and the boys are given the drum in simple terms on the game plan. Et voila as the frogs say.

Memo to Carmichael etc. You don't need 5 games to decide what you have to do.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Had a chat to a few players post match.

McIntyre fairly thrilled with his debut to say the least.

Homer, disappointed with his first 40 but very pleased with the 2nd half.

Woody is still a goner. One swallow does not a summer make!

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
If Liam F. Gill doesn't go to the RWC, I give up. I'm a big Poey fan and a begrudging admirer of Hooper, but he's week-in week-out playing better than either of them, which is saying a lot.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
But he's not? He stands out because of his teammates. If Hooper or Pocock were in his team they'd look amazing too.

M

Moono75

Congrats to the Reds. Some real positives to take from that game. Night and day performance. Sport played 90 percent above the shoulders.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If Liam F. Gill doesn't go to the RWC, I give up. I'm a big Poey fan and a begrudging admirer of Hooper, but he's week-in week-out playing better than either of them, which is saying a lot.

Well, he's been playing well for the Reds the past month, but it's not true that he's been playing better than Pocock and Hooper "week in week out"............

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm annoyed I missed this one...........

Really wanted the Reds the win to keep the Rebels at bay.......... Kudos!

Hopefully the replay is on...........

M

Moono75

What about Hodgson?? Leads by example, tough nut, battle hardened. Break glass only in time of RWC. For your consideration.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I said it last week and I'll say it again - Liam Gill = Pilecki Medal winning for 2015.

I also hope he get's considered for the RWC.

He is the Allan Border of Reds Rugby - performs in both tough times and good times.

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
As good as the scoreline looked, reds still struggled in areas - pigs finding it very hard to get any momentum from slow ball, lots of box kicking still, give up nearly 30pnts. Set piece still very good for reds though and counter attack much better. A few good individual performances were pretty positive as well - Holmes in great form, Simmons working well, JOC (James O'Connor) looked as good as he has in ages and Gill just outstanding. Buggered my tips but very happy to see the side improve for this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well, he's been playing well for the Reds the past month, but it's not true that he's been playing better than Pocock and Hooper "week in week out"....

But he has been playing better than McMahon and any other 6s outside of possibly Fardy.
He certainly gave Reid, McMahon and Fainga'a a lesson last night.

T

Train Without a Station

Gill is playing very well but you have to be realistic and consider its marginally better than two much more test experienced alternatives.

It's also a losing game plan that has him playing well and being noticeable.

If Hooper and Pocock weren't all playing well (but not as well as Gill obviously) then I'd imagine Gill would be one of the first picked.

Would Gill resolve any issues in the Wallabies? Considering 7 has been the JEM for something like 3 of the last 6 years, I doubt it. Anybody who puts that jersey on for the wallabies will be one of our best players due to the quality of the candidates.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I don't think Hooper is playing well but i also don't think that his type of play is what we need.
I doubt that egg will or can be unscrambled, however.
I also think that Gill is not just playing marginally better than either. i think his presence could make an appreciable difference to the wallabies but, obviously, that's just a hunch. Having a player with his uncanny ability at the breakdown can force oppositions to adjust their thinking and that's the first step.
To be fair to Pocock he had that impact many moons ago but i dont think Hooper ever has.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Nice to see the Reds play with a 10 for a change and win, but there is a long way to go, it was a defence optional second half

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Nice to see the Reds play with a 10 for a change and win, but there is a long way to go, it was a defence optional second half
Yeah, Mcintyre's cut out pass to Thompson on the side line just highlighted why pickles isn't a 10. Even though Thompson didn't quite get over the line, Frisby wouldn't have thrown that ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.