• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs, round 19 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Unfortunately there would be more than one, but think of the fun they could have.

Global warming - obviously caused by the Waratahs

Russia/Ukraine conflict - both have blue on their flags so clearly part of the Waratah conspiracy

Arab/Israelie dispute - something that bad must have something to do with the Waratahs

Brasil losing to Germany - was that Michael Cheika I saw in the leather shorts plotting the demise of the hosts?

And on and on it would go.

I think that the thread might even overtake the Quade thread in very quick time.

I don't think in the whole history of mankind anything could eclipse the Quade thread.

T

tranquility

This is my very last word on this topic, but I feel it appropriate.

My pure disdain for the Tahs, actually stems from this message board.
Specifically from the period when the Tahs last had success. Notably the blind support for "winning ugly", when the other franchises weren't having much success.

I don't want to keep this going, but yeah I thought that was worth mentioning.

Done

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)

Specifically from the period when the Tahs last had success. Notably the blind support for "winning ugly", when the other franchises weren't having much success.

Done

gee

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

Done

I thought that most Waratah supporters were heavily critical of the win ugly style of play.:confused:

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Well, I must be a shit supporter - I want my team to win - good, bad or ugly,

I prefer expansive rugby, entertaining with wonderful backline tries and tough forward play.

I dislike watching the Brumbies style of play but it has been very successful.

Bottom line: I want to win !!!!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
If the options are winning ugly or losing, I will take the win as a one off.

But I won't be going to watch much if it is the continual approach and I will wish and hope the clowns coaching the shit are shafted

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Some people say you can at club/provincial level but not Test level because its too tightly contested.

Bollocks.

All you need to make "win pretty" successful at ANY level, is a ref who is prepared to support it. There is still plenty of opportunity for a contest, but if the ref is not prepared to card people good and proper when they bloody well deserve it, then you're going to get a mish-mash like we have in all too many Test Matches.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
"blind support"? Que? Dunno where that lot were when the fans' forum tore shit out of the coaches. Oh, I geddit, blind, couldn't find their way to the ground.

T

Train Without a Station

Winning ugly is fine. The problem has been Chris Hickey, Michael Foley and Robbie Deans have only been able to lose ugly.

T

Train Without a Station

Tranquility you are an absolutely goose if you hold that against the Waratahs and Waratahs supporters, yet support the Brumbies who under Jake White have been extremely cynical and conservative.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Well, I must be a shit supporter - I want my team to win - good, bad or ugly,

I prefer expansive rugby, entertaining with wonderful backline tries and tough forward play.

I dislike watching the Brumbies style of play but it has been very successful.

Bottom line: I want to win !!!!

Haven't their crowds been down this year?

Waratah crowds went from 30-35,000 to 12,000 under win ugly.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Not just that: it's stagnant. The Stormers have played defence-oriented, low risk rugby under the current coaching staff and won a lot of games but no titles. Gradually it's turned into winning few games as other teams surpass them.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
It's just not sustainable to play that style of rugby long term- unless you are playing on heavy grounds in wet rainly conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.