• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs, round 19 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

Tranquility I'd love to have a beer with you. Anybody as insane as you are surely has to be at least good for some memorable one liners.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The official media event for the start of super rugby by the CEO of the ARU is not "innocuous."

yes mate, I can sense the stigmata pooling up on various posters hands over this vicious, unreasonable comment showing the clear bias of the ARU. :rolleyes:

T

tranquility

Strangely sounds like the sort of knee-jerk anti-waratahs comments NSW hating people like yourself so often spout.

Oh yeah? I feel pretty confident, illuminating my opinions irrespective of the views around me, which is fairly self-evident given the pages of flat-denial and vitriol on the topic that have come my way. Any word of anti-Waratah and the flower-apache come out of the flora.

T

tranquility

yes mate, I can sense the stigmata pooling up on various posters hands over this vicious, unreasonable comment showing the clear bias of the ARU. :rolleyes:

It really doesn't bother me, the opinions of others. I work in an industry that celebrates individual thought. I understand how it comes about, and why people hose it down. I am sure you push pens for some shitty job that you hate, that celebrates mediocrity. Go the Waratahs eh! haha

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
d11.jpg

T

Train Without a Station

Haha had to see it coming. Was it the Force thread that got a little heated about them "Stealing" our talent?

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Oh yeah? I feel pretty confident, illuminating my opinions irrespective of the views around me, which is fairly self-evident given the pages of flat-denial and vitriol on the topic that have come my way. Any word of anti-Waratah and the flower-apache come out of the flora.

That's just the sort of thing the Courier Mail wants you to think. You've been consuming their bile for so long now that not only have you become a puppet of their herd, you're convinced you still have an independent mind! Oh the humanity!

T

tranquility

That's just the sort of thing the Courier Mail wants you to think. You've been consuming their bile for so long now that not only have you become a puppet of their herd, you're convinced you still have an independent mind! Oh the humanity!

I live in Melbourne, and don't get the courier down here. Do you know who I can contact about a subscription down here? You seem to be well versed in the doctrine.

I have had pieces published in The Age, on a freelance basis but I have never thought to contact the Courier. I'll see if I can get onto the lads, and if so I'll send you a copy.

And I hope one day you have one!

Thankyou! It's a commendable thing to wish someone. At-least you can appreciate the concept of it. Maybe I had you pegged all wrong.

Although the idea of pure originality, as we all know is only conceptual and doesn't truly exist. This is not a bad thing, but something to keep in mind.

As Jean-Luc Godard said, "It's not were you take things from, it's where you take them too."

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
I live in Melbourne, and don't get the courier down here. Do you know who I can contact about a subscription down here? You seem to be well versed in the doctrine.

I have had pieces published in The Age, on a freelance basis but I have never thought to contact the Courier. I'll see if I can get onto the lads, and if so I'll send you a copy.

Ah, so the conspiracy goes deeper still! A Queenslander living in Melbourne! A man from a place with an anti-NSW bias, moving to a place with an anti-NSW bias (albeit a city with much more culture, better food, coffee and art than either Brisbane or Sydney).

The herd is strong with this one.

In all seriousness though mate, some of your comments were pretty funny - talking about belittling the opinions of others as a form of subjugation on a rugby forum?

T

tranquility

Ah, so the conspiracy goes deeper still! A Queenslander living in Melbourne! A man from a place with an anti-NSW bias, moving to a place with an anti-NSW bias (albeit a city with much more culture, better food, coffee and art than either Brisbane or Sydney).

The herd is strong with this one.

In all seriousness though mate, some of your comments were pretty funny - talking about belittling the opinions of others as a form of subjugation on a rugby forum?

In my experience, there is much more cross-over between Sydney and Brisbane on a cultural level, believe that or not, and that Melbourne exists almost oblivious to the others.

I'm sorry are you suggesting that I am trying to enslave the opinions of other posters on here?

T

tranquility

Nah, we are fine with it, hate away

But we love you guys, you are all so cute when you get red and angry

It"s only a matter of time until Melbourne becomes the true centerpiece of Australia if it isn't already. I think it is predicted to be the largest city within five years, which is admirable considering most would consider the weather a negative element of the city. Not me though.

T

tranquility

Okay we get it. You hate the Waratahs @tranquilty. Fantastic, awesome, maybe someone could make you a nice badge for you to wear with a nifty logo.

Can this now please be dropped by everyone, it's really boring.

I'm glad that has come through, although this is only a small corner of the forum. Surely you can play elsewhere if it's not to your liking?

Status
Not open for further replies.