• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs, round 19 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
It"s only a matter of time until Melbourne becomes the true centerpiece of Australia if it isn't already. I think it is predicted to be the largest city within five years, which is admirable considering most would consider the weather a negative element of the city. Not me though.

Melbourne is a great place - half my family are from there and I always love visiting. Although to be honest I feel like people in Melbourne are competitive with Sydney than the reverse.

Most people in Sydney don't really care one way or the other I don't think. In fact most people I know don't have any trouble admitting they quite like Melbourne, but my family down there find it hard saying the like anything about Sydney lol.

T

tranquility

Melbourne is a great place - half my family are from there and I always love visiting. Although to be honest I feel like people in Melbourne are competitive with Sydney than the reverse.

Most people in Sydney don't really care one way or the other I don't think. In fact most people I know don't have any trouble admitting they quite like Melbourne, but my family down there find it hard saying the like anything about Sydney lol.

I think that is just the line that is trouped out of Sydney!

If you actually look at the trends that are copied, Sydney is more guilty of pastiche than then other way around!

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
I think that is just the line that is trouped out of Sydney!

If you actually look at the trends that are copied, Sydney is more guilty of pastiche than then other way around!

Don't think I said Melbourne copied Sydney, did I?

With the cafe culture Sydney has certainly done its best to copy Melbourne over the last few years - and a bloody good thing too! Was awful here for a while... funnily enough a lot of the new cafes are guys from Melbourne who've setup here - my local at Coogee has improved the area significantly since opening up after a move from Melbourne.

We're also copying Melbourne with the zoning laws to allow smaller pubs to build the alleyway scene. Great idea and one worth copying.

As I said, I think Melbourne is a great place.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I went to Melbourne once, felt like a giant Newtown, so I hated it.

You should try Coburg or Knoxfield mate, I worked for different companies with offices out those areas, Newtown it definately ain't

And if you want to see true non-Newtown, go to a Collingwood match, frightening

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Nah Melbourne people are less competitive about it than Sydney people!
Dunno about that. In my 18 months living there, which I enjoyed very much, the one thing that got tired quickly was having people constantly pointing out things that "must" be better about Melbourne to me, and seeking validation. Some were, some weren't, but it never stopped.
In Sydney it's more that people assume it is better, without necessarily thinking about it too much, so they're probably just as wrong in a lot of ways.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
How much fun could a thread be with only one participant?

Unfortunately there would be more than one, but think of the fun they could have.

Global warming - obviously caused by the Waratahs

Russia/Ukraine conflict - both have blue on their flags so clearly part of the Waratah conspiracy

Arab/Israelie dispute - something that bad must have something to do with the Waratahs

Brasil losing to Germany - was that Michael Cheika I saw in the leather shorts plotting the demise of the hosts?

And on and on it would go.

I think that the thread might even overtake the Quade thread in very quick time.

Status
Not open for further replies.