• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs, round 4, Saturday 7 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
With the players we have we are simply a game plan away from winning a heap of games. At any moment, we could devise a game plan, any plan, and our various oppositions will simply become insignificant specs that can only hope to slow down our relentless but inevitable surge onward to championship glory.

We just need a plan. Anyone got any ideas?

Bribe the ref!;)

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
My nephew is 13 months. Both his Dad and Uncle are massive Reds fans. He is ready for his first Suncorp experience but the only problem is that Dad promised his Aunti that she could babysit while we went to the rugby. It would brake Aunti's heart if that was taken away from her but we think the little man is ready but he will have to wait for next year. He is a rough little bugger and I think he would love it. If he can beat up the cat and steal his dinner, he is ready for the Rugby me thinks.

Gosh, even Chuck Norris didn't beat up his cat and steal his dinner until he was 5.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Bob is no guru anymore but he finally goy something right

No one is ever 100% right, but we too often only remember their errors

It is a difficult notion to get around often that less becomes more.

His statement highlights why I like Foley as a 10 and also why when Cooper stops trying to win a game on his own, he is also a fantastic 10, probably our best.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Got my Reds jersey, got my Reds cap, got my ticket-

C'mon the Reds, give it to them hard for old times sake!!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Interesting question. When does Holmes return?
Never heard of someone been out for so long because of a pinky injury. I suppose it makes it hard for him to grab a jersey when packing a scrum, but gees:(
It's his thumb not a pinky. Impossible to bind.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
1. James Slipper, 2. Saia Fainga’a, 3. Sam Talakai, 4. Dave McDuling, 5. James Horwill, 6. Adam Thomson, 7. Liam Gill, 8. Jake Schatz, 9. Will Genia, 10. James O’Connor, 11. Chris Feauai-Sautia, 12. Anthony Fainga’a, 13. Ben Tapuai, 14. Chris Kuridrani, 15. Lachie Turner

16. James Hanson, 17. Ben Daley, 18. Sef Faagase, 19. Marco Kotze, 20. Curtis Browning,21. Nick Frisby, 22. Sam Johnson, 23. Campbell Magnay

So no Kerevi, with Taps coming straight in to 13.

JOC (James O'Connor) stays at 10.

Kev back in the starting line-up with Dools his partner. Kotze onto the bench.

The centres worry me a little. Fainga'a's ability to take Beale out of the game will be critical.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I'm surprised at the Kerevi call.
Rob Simmons injury is starting to look cronic.
There's not much cover for two old centres coming back from injury.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Kerevi must be injured right? The only 2 players in that backline that will get over the ad line are on the wings and the only time they see the ball is broken play or off Genia. Those centres sure as hell won't get it there. Taps must be doing some amazing things at training.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/1661871_10152808998897144_4801516787460426181_n.jpg?oh=c48b1463894e900afeac2a0585212d20&oe=5590FFC9&__gda__=1433643510_72990970c19b9b2be0bd607f992cd799

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) out through injury. One to be omitted from the bench. My guess is it will be a forward and will probably be Lousi.

Folau named as co vice-captain for the first time ever.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Ant at 12 and Taps at 13?

I don't recall that being a success last year.

I understand RG not wanting to frig around with the back line - but I would have thought his primary 12 was Taps and his primary 13 was Kerevi heading into the season meaning that Ant was his reserve centre and therefore would fit in around the other two (much as I appreciate Ant's defensive starch he provides).

I recall RG even said last year that Taps favoured position was 12 when he switched returned Tapuaii there at the end of the season when Anthony was injured.

Disappointed to hear about the Kerevi injury :(

Fireworks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Kerevi is injured, as per the article on the Reds website.

'Ben Tapuai returning from injury to replace Samu Kerevi who has not recovered from a cork suffered last week.'

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
Taquele looks to be pretty quickly on the outer. Haven't seen Betham do anything outstanding in his last few outings. Misses everything. Agree re: Lousi getting the chop

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Kerevi is injured, as per the article on the Reds website.

'Ben Tapuai returning from injury to replace Samu Kerevi who has not recovered from a cork suffered last week.'

How many weeks for a cork? Knowing our luck it is season ending.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Folau vice is interesting, the talk was he was sticking around post 2015 and this might hint towards that as well.

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
I think with the guilty plea and the sudden freeing of funds, there is a concerted push by the powers to start giving Folau every reason to stay put in Sydney and with the ARU. They would (and should) throw everything to keep him in the game.

Am starting to get fired up for this one, am really keen to see how hard the NSW forwards are going to hit this one up after two reasonably weak performances against the 2 "weaker" aus teams. QLD will be like a bull at the gate waiting for this. I think the NSW backs will have to much class in any event, but gee the forwards match up is looking like some interesting viewing. I wonder if the NSW boys have taught Potgeiter how to hate QLD yet?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Even with Kerevi injured, it's like a punch in my guts everytime I see
12. Fainga'a
13. Tapuai

IT'S BETTER THE OTHER WAY AROUND RICHARD YOU MORON!

You could make an argument that the Reds, Force and Rebels are all playing their centres back to front.

The Rebels is the least obvious, but you could certainly make a case that 12. Ellison 13. Inman would be better.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/1661871_10152808998897144_4801516787460426181_n.jpg?oh=c48b1463894e900afeac2a0585212d20&oe=5590FFC9&__gda__=1433643510_72990970c19b9b2be0bd607f992cd799

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) out through injury. One to be omitted from the bench. My guess is it will be a forward and will probably be Lousi.

Folau named as co vice-captain for the first time ever.
What did Naiyarovoro do to get himself drop? I much prefer seeing Betham there.

Status
Not open for further replies.