• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs, round 4, Saturday 7 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
You got a point there, Reg. The wounds of the crap performances from 2009 to 2012 are still a bit raw, and that day some salt was rubbed into them. Plus, we expected a lot more from our champion team than was dished up that day. I'm ashamed to say I left with 8 minutes to go. What's that, Pfitzy? Ah yes, we had to be first in the queue at the bar at The Local Taphouse... :rolleyes:

T

TOCC

The only game I've left early was the B&I Lions year at ANZ stadium last year, and that's because I hate poms and didn't want to be stuck on a train with them after that performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
It'd be nice to see Reds fans not leave their seats with 30mins to go like they did last time.
Sometimes you just need to get another tray of beers in during that last 30 minutes....

I have won the St George seats next to the Reds bench tonight so come gametime if anyone has a message they need sent to the players, post it up & I'll do my best to relay it directly to them...

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
The only game I've left early was the B&I Lions year at ANZ stadium last year, and that's because I hate poms and didn't want to be stuck on a train with them after that performance.

I left early because the game clock was so small I thought the last force try happened in the 78th minute but it was the 73rd.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Sometimes you just need to get another tray of beers in during that last 30 minutes..

I have won the St George seats next to the Reds bench tonight so come gametime if anyone has a message they need sent to the players, post it up & I'll do my best to relay it directly to them.

I've had the privilege of being on 'the bench' too mate! It's an excellent night! The Reds really know how to look after their fans. You'll have a great night!!!
Congrats, go nuts!

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I almost got up during the Reds v. B&IL match when Ben Youngs scored his try off the back of our scrum. Mainly because I thought I might have actually pissed myself a bit.

Several hours of a combined QLD/NSW G&GR group attempting to systematically destroy my liver and the "downstream" impact of this had me proverbially "on edge" at the time.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
There ya go Gel! It was the magnificent match preview and then Ealesy appearing before me in a dream that did it, wasn't it. You can tell me! ;)

Reactions: gel

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
There ya go Gel! It was the magnificent match preview and then Ealesy appearing before me in a dream that did it, wasn't it. You can tell me! ;)
Does Eales sound the same in your dreams, or is his voice like Deep Thought? Please tell me he is more Basso Profundo.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
It's too bad Simo isn't playing this game. I could see us really pressuring the Tahs' lineout with him back in the side.

As it is I'm not sure how the reds are going to win this one, but I'd say the breakdown is the best place to start. Gill v Hooper should be interesting.

Not sure we can do it with the line-up we've got. The return match later this season will be a fairer match-up with Cooper back, Hunt back, OConnor back on the wing (where he can really cause some damage) and Kerevi back.

It's too bad for Cooper he cant play this game and show Cheika that he's twice the flyhalf Foley is :D

T

TOCC

Key matchups:
Adam Thomson vs Jaques Potgeiter
James Horwill vs Dave Dennis
Liam Gill vs Michael Hooper
Will Genia vs Nick Phipps
Il also be interested to see the battle in the front row of Talakai vs Kepu and Slipper vs Robinson...

Waratahs strength lies in the partnerships in the key spinal positions of the team: TPN-Palu-Phipps-Foley-Folau

Reds forwards need to shutdown Palu, TPN, Potegeiter and Hooper if they have any chance of winning this match.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Key matchups:
Adam Thomson vs Jaques Potgeiter
James Horwill vs Dave Dennis
Liam Gill vs Michael Hooper
Will Genia vs Nick Phipps
Il also be interested to see the battle in the front row of Talakai vs Kepu and Slipper vs Robinson.

Waratahs strength lies in the partnerships in the key spinal positions of the team: TPN-Palu-Phipps-Foley-Folau

Reds forwards need to shutdown Palu, TPN, Potegeiter and Hooper if they have any chance of winning this match.

I actually see the Tahs strength is their work as a TEAM to clean out and provide quick ball for Phipps. Potgeiter, Palu & TPN may provide the punch, but it is the units clearing out that make it work.

The Reds chop tackles and long reach in make that critical. Those supporting units need to be accurate and angry

Scrum will depend on the minutes of the starters, the starters will all have their moments, but be pretty even, it is when the reserves on both teams roll out that causes the grief

Status
Not open for further replies.