• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Blues Rd 4 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I can't understand why the reds didn't go for another scrum after the yellow. would've drained the clock and they were seemingly dominant

At the very least it would've gotten a flanker off the field for another prop.

Simmons isn't the most the astute captain, if you get the drift.

G

galumay

Well a draw is probably a fair reflection of the game. Reds should be happy with their progress this week. They actually looked like they could win a game tonite!

I really want to see the Blues do well this season, Tana Umaga is such a legend of the game, but they seem to be suffering their eternal problem of not being able to deliver on the promise of the individual players.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Reds lucky in the scrum in the second half.. But a draw it is. Andrew Lees is a shit house ump.

But good on the Reds showing that you have some fight in you..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Fuck, that had every emotion possible and in the end i felt nothingness.

Well fought reds. Great spirit.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
At the very least it would've gotten a flanker off the field for another prop.

Simmons isn't the most the astute captain, if you get the drift.
One reset and the game was over. Even when the scrums were bad the reds had the rub. Plus the reds lineout was heavily shite all match.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Reds lucky in the scrum in the second half.. But a draw it is. Andrew Lees is a shit house ump.

But good on the Reds showing that you have some fight in you..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Really. I thought he was clear and consistent. The Reds had the dominant scrum as they were clearly advancing and Blues players were going to knees. I don't see what there was to complain about. He even immediately followed through on the promise to send the next scrum penalty to the bin.

Without the referees there is no game.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Disappointing end result - but hey, we weren't going to turn it around overnight. Given the lack of experience on the bench I'm not surprised with the lack of composure at the end. Both our discipline & defence have improved. That was about the best discipline we've shown in 3 years, despite the penalty at the end. A few good moments in attack too and at least we scored a couple of well constructed tries.
Long way to go, but at least there were some positive signs.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Simmons is a seriously poor Captain in his decision making and it appears that the extra responsibility degrades his performance. His lineout work was poor, though the throwing was a big problem for the supposed premier lineout lock in Oz he was pretty average in pressuring the Blues lineout.

Blues just so inconsistent, their handling which a couple of weeks ago was top class was Reds like. Did they just think they could show up against the Reds?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
As a Reds supporter, the good part is that I think we're unlikely for the spoon!

A very much improved performance. Still issues in defence, but more enterprising. So much better than what we got under RG. At times you can even see what they are trying to do.

The other good thing is that we are starting to see some better performances from some key players like Hunt and Frisby. Gill will make a huge difference in terms of breakdown presence.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
7834139b0d173b4c6ab5d148f50df18c.jpg

Goromaru fans loyally sticking around to see their hero

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
As a Reds supporter, the good part is that I think we're unlikely for the spoon!

A very much improved performance. Still issues in defence, but more enterprising. So much better than what we got under RG. At times you can even see what they are trying to do.

The other good thing is that we are starting to see some better performances from some key players like Hunt and Frisby. Gill will make a huge difference in terms of breakdown presence.
Big time re Gill. They needed someone like him right at the death.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Really. I thought he was clear and consistent. The Reds had the dominant scrum as they were clearly advancing and Blues players were going to knees. I don't see what there was to complain about. He even immediately followed through on the promise to send the next scrum penalty to the bin.

Without the referees there is no game.

This!

Plus the fact the new laws in effect this season are pretty clear on a wheeling scrum. Don't do it! Reds scrum has been their only highlight for two seasons now, I don't know what's surprising.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
SISTER KISSING NATIONAL FUCKING DISGRACE. Shonky fundamentals from the Blues galaticos of schoolboy stars. High and low passes at or behind the fucking man.

As I predicted at HT the fat useless Blues pricks well and truly ran out of puff. And, barely having a brain between them at the best of times, in 35 degree weather, with hypoxemia setting in, the decisions became as brainlocked as they were moribund.

Crippled Children's Hospital effort from Tevita Li. DROP HIM. Out of the 23 altogether. Off to WTG. Onehunga Under 12's WTG. At least those little shits can catch the rugby football 50% of the fucking time.

Male Seu? FUCKING GARBAGE. DROP HIM.

Entire front row? NATIONAL EMBARRASSMENT. ALL BENCHWORTHY. DROP THEM. They have names and addresses. Charlie Faumuina. What. The. Fuck. NO ONE GIVES A SHIT WHTA YOU CAN DO IN THE OPEN FUCKIN FIELD. You're an All Black tighthead prop. If you can't lock down the scrum vs some coachless wooden spoon pricks, your coach should look elsewhere.

ps that Blues player that took a dive near the end should be Banned From Eden Park For Life.

Tana Umaga, meet the Auckland Blues.

You poor bastard.

Umaga last month:
Umaga_J_F.jpg

Umaga by Round 10:
teamamerica.gif

The turban is because his fuckin' brain completely exploded around Round 7

Status
Not open for further replies.