• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Blues Rd 4 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Really. I thought he was clear and consistent. The Reds had the dominant scrum as they were clearly advancing and Blues players were going to knees. I don't see what there was to complain about. He even immediately followed through on the promise to send the next scrum penalty to the bin.

Without the referees there is no game.

I thought he was quite bias in the second, the Red's scrum in the first half was dominant, but the second half the blues got on top was pushing through, started with the massive scrum he reset then then continued, when from where i was watching for the next few scrums the Reds crumbed but he called boring in.

There was one were the Blues prop went down. He also managed to review every play the Blues had and none of the Reds.. Don't get me wrong, I wanted the Reds to win..

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I thought he was quite bias in the second, the Red's scrum in the first half was dominant, but the second half the blues got on top was pushing through, started with the massive scrum he reset then then continued, when from where i was watching for the next few scrums the Reds crumbed but he called boring in.

There was one were the Blues prop went down. He also managed to review every play the Blues had and none of the Reds.. Don't get me wrong, I wanted the Reds to win..

The Reds did benefit from the clear dominance they achieved in the first half. The one scrum you picked out as having the Blues dominating the Reds LH reserve and the Blues TH were both on their knees. Who are you going to penalise? As Lees said, nobody was dominant and it was down.

What I would like to see all referees and assistants looking at his the flankers staying bound on their own prop, at nearly every scrum in this round the flankers have slid forward and driven on the opposition prop at one stage or another.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
One this that DP just reminded me of, I hope the Blues diving outside centre gets cited for his histrionics and gets a game suspension for the dive to milk the penalty in the second half.

Reactions: gel

TSR

Mark Ella (57)

I thought he explained each penalty clearly. There were a number of occasions when the camera was on the opposite side to the ref and the ref called the infringement on the prop on his side. There was one scrum where the Blues put the Reds scrum under pressure, but clearly went round the corner and were penalised accordingly. There was another when the Blues seemed to be getting ascendency, but Lees penalised the Blues prop on his side and the reply showed he had folded. In fact I think all but one reply supported the refs call - one of the resets was a bit lucky for the Reds, I thought. But otherwise unsure how Lees can be criticised on the basis of his calls at the scrum.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

Not biased, just clueless.;)

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
What I would like to see all referees and assistants looking at his the flankers staying bound on their own prop, at nearly every scrum in this round the flankers have slid forward and driven on the opposition prop at one stage or another.
Is that illegal though?

As long as they start on the lock and don't hold the opposition it's fine isn't it?
Binding by all other players. All players in a scrum, other than front-row players, must bind on a lock’s body with at least one arm prior to the scrum engagement. The locks must bind with the props in front of them. No other player other than a prop may hold an opponent.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I hope the Blues diving outside centre gets cited for his histrionics and gets a game suspension for the dive to milk the penalty in the second half.

i agree, goddamn ZERO TOLERANCE for that poofball shit, cannot have that insidious chicanery snaking its way into the game.

Although, to contradict myself, in the players defense, he probably thought he had to sell it as, by that stage, the Blues wouldve needed a motherfucking hail of bugle clarion calls trumpeting in unison from the fuckin Suncorp ramparts to get a goddamn ref's call to go their way.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Is that illegal though?

As long as they start on the lock and don't hold the opposition it's fine isn't it?

If they are bound to a front rower and not a lock then they are part of the front row and only 3 players are permitted in the front row.
Number of players: eight. A scrum must have eight players from each team. All eight players must stay bound to the scrum until it ends. Each front row must have three players in it, no more and no less. Two locks must form the second row.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
If they are bound to a front rower and not a lock then they are part of the front row and only 3 players are permitted in the front row.
Number of players: eight. A scrum must have eight players from each team. All eight players must stay bound to the scrum until it ends. Each front row must have three players in it, no more and no less. Two locks must form the second row.
Thanks!

It happens so often I though it must be legal. If no one ever calls it, is it against the law?o_O

RobC

Frank Row (1)
re scrums. Reds should have just started hooking the ball when the Blues scrum started to hold. At 55', they did just that and scored a try.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well getting up this morning I still got a bad taste in my mouth from the game. not sure why, probably because the rugby was so dire, just somehow thought both teams looked like a lesson in basics would go down well.
Suppose on the positive side you would think Jake McIntyre would of benefitted from the game , and perhaps looks like getting a little more confidence, so could help the Reds backline a fair bit over coming weeks. Not too sure we will be hearing any calls for Moala as 12 for the All blacks for next few weeks , he and Sau looked a little lost at times last night. And I have a policy of not picking at refs, so obviously won't say anything about him, but to be fair anyway I sure he knows the laws of the game a lot more than me. Anyway wait for Qld rugby news in next couple of days to make me happy(ish) I think!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.