• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Blues Rd 4 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Match photo link here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/100900132@N02/albums/72157666146205295/with/25889477166/

25273762734_bee0e6410f_b_d.jpg

25785752022_86060c47e7_b_d.jpg

25811714781_f13e05b175_b_d.jpg

25881030846_6e8ee70779_b_d.jpg

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Pretty happy that CFS remembered how to do an in & away and fend blokes.

And did both in the same try scoring break. Hopefully that's the end of just trying to run over blokes.

Nabuli looked pretty good on the other wing too. And Tui is showing us what we missed out on last season.

Pretty disappointing we blew the win but sure a few Blues fans wouldn't have been too impressed in the first half when they bombed a 3 on 1 down the right, flung it left and Ioane knocked on with 5 unmarked Blues outside him....

Just hoping the Reds are in the contest at halftime next week. Need to work out some strategies to combat Hooper asap.

Maybe the bloke who won the $1000 at halftime can give McIntyre some goal kicking tips too.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Pretty disappointing we blew the win but sure a few Blues fans wouldn't have been too impressed in the first half when they bombed a 3 on 1 down the right, flung it left and Ioane knocked on with 5 unmarked Blues outside him..

no shit I am actually nursing a crook muscle in my back after that. I think I may have caught a dose of epilepsy from Rieko Ioane thru the TV screen.

worms2.gif

"Blues are in here, 5 on 1 OHHHH"

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Thats more like it. Some good rugby played by the reds including some quality tries. Hopefully we can build from this. Tough luck not to hold on for the win but this is now a relatively inexperienced team (especially their bench) that isnt use to winning. Its going to take time to turn it around but this is at least a step in the right direction.

I will say that the reds really missed liam gill at the end of that game (or even saia Fainga'a). They might have been able to hold on if theyd had a legitimate jackel on the field.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Both wingers were infintely better than in previous matches. Both were very active in searching for work which was very pleasing to see.

Frisby & McIntyre were also much improved and willing to explore some options.

The tries we scored were really good tries as well - the McIntyre one specially so.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Both wingers were infintely better than in previous matches. Both were very active in searching for work which was very pleasing to see.

Frisby & McIntyre were also much improved and willing to explore some options.

The tries we scored were really good tries as well - the McIntyre one specially so.

It was great to see the wingers RUN the ball.

Frisby and McIntyre were very good.

Holmes good as always. Thought Sef had a great game, particularly at scrim time. He improved from last week and will only get better again.

The lineouts were rubbish. Don't know whether it was Simmo or Ready or a combination of both. That to me was a game losing aspect.

Scrum dominance was wonderful. It's a shame we couldn't use that weapon to rack up serious points.

Pleasing display, improvement on last week. Hope it continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.