• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Cheetahs - 2011R06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Queensland Reds are building into this season very nicely. I'm very excited about the depth in this team & reckon they can roll with inevitable injuries coming their way. The next 4 weeks are pivotal to the season & will tell if they can be contenders or not. One thing is for certain.... 7 is no longer a worry.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
does digby look mighty slow to anyone else?

He ain't that quick over more than 50metres - I think everyone realises that - but he offers so much in narrow corridors, has a lightning step and is a very powerful player.

O

OLDDOG

Next team to destroy please. The Waratahs must be very very bad if the Reds are up by this much at half time.

GO THE REDS! How good are the wingers? Ioane and Davies have got to be the best wingers in the competition at the moment.

sorry pal, diggers fab i agree, but ole butter fingers davies is far from a good winger. gifted a couple of easy pies, and bombed another sitter - as usual......

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Butter fingers Davies did a pretty good job taking kickoffs into the sun, until the cheetahs decided just to kick them out, and one of the easy pies had plenty of work in it. As I saw it he had one admittedly pretty bad error, dropping that Cooper pass. His involvement was high.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
At this moment the Reds lead the Super Rugby Table. It won't last another day but we can enjoy it for a couple of hours!

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
sorry pal, diggers fab i agree, but ole butter fingers davies is far from a good winger. gifted a couple of easy pies, and bombed another sitter - as usual......

Wrong. Here is the right answer: Davies is the best winger in the competition right now and don't be fooled by the number of times he has crossed the try line. Butter fingers? You obviously didn't see the ripping high ball he took today, the many times he took the ball into contact without being isolated or dropping the pill. He has an astute awareness of the sideline, rarely finds himself being tackled out and knows when to watch a bad kick into touch. Scored 2 fantastic tries that somebody robotic like Turner would not have. Increasingly more physical in defence. Fastest player in the competition. Greatest player of all time.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Not sure we can take much from the match unfortunately as the Free State boys were extremely average. They showed glimpses of potential when they finally got some ball in the last quarter but they were mostly poor. Thought some of their bench played well, Pretorius in particular and Juries tried to inject some go forward and intensity.

Worryingly for Qld, scrums still below par, although I thought when Holmes and Hanson came on they improved somewhat. In the loose I thought the tight 5 played really well after the first 10 or so minutes. Robinson bloody excellent, Higgers solid, but I cannot recall Houston doing much at all - was he even on the field?

Tapuai didn't get much ball so I am probably being too harsh on the bloke, but I think we would be better served having Ioane at 13 and Morahan on the wing. Failing that Chambers back at 13. A Fainga'a played pretty well - did a lot of work that was perhaps not so obvious and again very solid in defence as was Lucas when he came into to the line for QC (Quade Cooper).

Big game from Genia again, he is streets ahead of any 9 in the country. Thankfully for Qld he is gettting back to his best form.

All in all whilst happy for the win I don't think we've played a good side as yet, with the exception of NSW - who obviously reamed us.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
No I agree Finsbury Girl when it comes to Tapuai he's now been involved in two very comfortable wins & I've not seen him do anything worth a mention I think Chambers should be promoted back to the 1st 15.

Beau Robinson & Will Genia were outstanding yesterday.

Quade Cooper had a very good game except for some annoying flick passes & silly grubbers inside the attacking 20 that didn't come off he.

The Reds bombed 4 tries yesterday which isn't good enough considering this year has the wild card entry which will come down to for & against hopefully we don't need it but you have to treat every game as if you're playing the Stormers or Crusaders & every chance could be the differebce between a win & a loss.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
If I am not mistaken if it was not for that 81st "unfortunate" try the Cheetahs who apparently were dead on there feet for the last 30 minutes well according the commentators who reminded us every 2 mins the Cheetahs the worst SA conference won/drew the second half?

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
If I am not mistaken if it was not for that 81st "unfortunate" try the Cheetahs who apparently were dead on there feet for the last 30 minutes well according the commentators who reminded us every 2 mins the Cheetahs the worst SA conference won/drew the second half?

Yep and in that 2nd half you could put Ioane & Davies down for 1 bombed try each.

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
Tapuai didn't get much ball so I am probably being too harsh on the bloke, but I think we would be better served having Ioane at 13 and Morahan on the wing. Failing that Chambers back at 13. A Fainga'a played pretty well - did a lot of work that was perhaps not so obvious and again very solid in defence as was Lucas when he came into to the line for QC (Quade Cooper).

I would like to see that. Harris in for Lucas and the backline is complete.

T

TOCC

lol, and apart from 'unfortunates' in the 16th, 21st, 31st and 37th the Cheetahs won the first half as well..

The Reds toyed with the Cheetahs in the second half and then went into conservation mode in the last 20min to save themselves for the RSA tour.

D

Doc

The beauty with the Reds over the last two weeks has been big wins with very unpolished performances. Yesterday verged on average. Didn't have to work for anything and not the sort of game you want heading into the Stormers, but will take 5 points anyday.

Haven't missed a Reds home game in aeons and can say with confidence the Cheetahs were the worst team I've ever seen, that's including some of the 07-08 reds performances. The kick Samo won back exemplified that they weren't even interested in the game.

D

Doc

Also, what's with all the hoopla over Quades in goal kick pass?

For those who saw it on tv, was it not clear we had advantage?

I'll grant very strange play, but papers and everything talking about cardiac arrest and such???

Status
Not open for further replies.