• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Cheetahs - 2011R06

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustycruiser

Billy Sheehan (19)
Maybe they over-celebrated after thumping the Tahs. They have looked less dynamic at the breakdowns this week, that's for sure. And they've kicked off into touch 3 times now!!!

They are missing a number of first choice players, but that doesn't account for the complete lack of heart being shown. Said kickoffs being an example of that. Once fine, twice a problem. But three times? That's schoolboy stuff.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Reds to win this game very easily.

Next team to destroy please. The Waratahs must be very very bad if the Reds are up by this much at half time.

GO THE REDS! How good are the wingers? Ioane and Davies have got to be the best wingers in the competition at the moment.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Reds have settled into a bit more structure now - they are working better at breakdowns, and they are very accurate with the back play and cutting the Cheetahs up. Scrum is a bit dusty at times. Cheetahs look a bit bewildered at the moment. They really killed the Tahs with the high kicks and tactical kicks which the Tahs were unable to cope with and dropped a lot; Reds are countering much more dangerously (it doesn't hurt that it aint pouring with rain, I guess). Cheetahs need a miracle of Rebels' proportions to get back into this. Reds should run away with this.

R

Richard D. James

I think Genia is looking sharp, maybe the wrong option a couple of times but with the amount of involvement he has is to be expected. Passing is very good mostly.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Reds back to their scintilatting(sp?) best. Really good to watch.

Ioane and Davies are superb wingers. Ioane can make a shitload happen from nothing - he has got to be starting for the Wallabies I think, one of the best in the world.

S

Salad Fingers

holy fuck man.. kick pass behind the try line.. fucking genius

U

Utility Back

Geez last 20 mins from the reds has been pretty shit I gotta be honest. We should be a another 30 in front. Beau Robinson is the man.

G

GC

Awesome win. Taking the piss in attack in the last 30 but awesome defence and work at the breakdown. Robinson played one of the best games for a 7 I have seen in Super rugby.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Fuck sitting in the sun, boy I had to drink a few beers to contend with that.

Anyway, good game Reds. Shame the game was won after one half because they really didn't get going in the first half. There always seemed to be an infringement or a little knock-on or something but the momentum wasn't there. Doesn't matter though because the result was never in doubt.

I know his hands have let him down a couple of times, but boy Rod Davies has improved on last year. He's gone from a speed-only winger to a nearly complete package.

Does Beau Robinson remind anyone else of Chris Roche?

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
It's great to see we will once again have two brilliant openside flankers playing at the same time not to mention Waugh getting back to his best.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Next team to destroy please. The Waratahs must be very very bad if the Reds are up by this much at half time.

GO THE REDS! How good are the wingers? Ioane and Davies have got to be the best wingers in the competition at the moment.

What was the half time score when the Reds actually played the Waratahs? :fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.