• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Cheetahs - 2011R06

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I go to a at least 1-2 red training for look a week............ Talking about pace, Rocket Rod is quick but I think he has lost some pace after the injury. I reckon he would have had a couple more meat pies....

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Fuck, if I have to hear the words Rod Davies and Rocket strung together all year, not to mention Jet Shoes with him, Turner or Fainifo from the Fox numpties, I will go spare.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
to be fair Cyclo, it's his nick name. As much to do with his speed (he was a school boy sprint star) as it is to do with the fact he was born in ROCKhampton as was another famous Rod, Rocket Rod Laver.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
to be fair Cyclo, it's his nick name. As much to do with his speed (he was a school boy sprint star) as it is to do with the fact he was born in ROCKhampton as was another famous Rod, Rocket Rod Laver.
That's as it may be, but they generally don't attach everyone else's nickname each time they're mentioned, and the generic Jet Shoes thing is pretty tiresome. Also, when he gets caught by Lachie Mitchell, it sounds even sillier (circumstances of his being caught notwithstanding).
What's next - Quade "Laptop" Cooper, Drew "Arsetat" Mitchell, Kurtly "Gilbert" Beale, Berrick "Sookface" Barnes and so on...Then again, it's Fox, so they just might!

T

TOCC

yeah screw those commentators daring to introduce a bit of personality into the game!!

from now on no mention should be made of afros, biceps, rocket shoes, beards or rat's tails.

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
I would like to see that. Harris in for Lucas and the backline is complete.

I'm glad you are not a selector Aussie, I have heard Lucas has either topped the tackle count or come second to Robinson each of the last three games. I thought he was doing very well. To do 20+ tackles is a pretty fair effort

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Fuck, if I have to hear the words Rod Davies and Rocket strung together all year, not to mention Jet Shoes with him, Turner or Fainifo from the Fox numpties, I will go spare.

They did overdo it. When tim horan starts saying it (along with calling beau Robinson benn Robinson) you know it has turned ridiculous.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)

Lets not forget Rocket Rod Reddy in that lot to! Must be a central Qld thing.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Well there is that Groucho I agree, but I've known a lot of Rod's & none of them were referred to as Rocket, however I don't know if they came from Rockhampton or not. Rod Reddy certainly had no jet shoes, so it couldn't have been his speed that got him the moniker, unless it was to do with the speed of his fists?! He was a dirty bastard.
Rod Laver's was in reference to the speed of his serve was it not?

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I would prefer if they referred to him as: Rod "greatest winger of all time" Davies, but I'll settle for Rocket I guess... :(

O

OLDDOG

yeah screw those commentators daring to introduce a bit of personality into the game!!

from now on no mention should be made of afros, biceps, rocket shoes, beards or rat's tails.

I did have a great guffaw over their "homo tape" jibe, what a hoot!

T

Tank

It was obvious to me the reds had an advantage but the commentators didn't mention it.

Yeah, I thought it was obviously a scrum advantage too and thought nothing to lose no harm no foul.

However, for the refs out there, it has been suggested to me that once the ball is kicked, the scrum advantage is over. Is that the case or is it more subjective?

Status
Not open for further replies.