• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Hurricanes RD3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Pretty excited about that team. Hope they can put it together. Sucks the game being on at 8:15pm. My 7yo loves coming but it being a Friday night and late, he'll be tired and be in a shitty mood if he comes.

Anyone fed cans of Mother to their kids? May that be an option?

Yep this is crap. Has ruled my 4 year old out.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
The Bookies have Reds as comfortable favourites. Hope they're right. A bonus point win could really springboard our season.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I maintain that beating the teams outside of your conference is critical to doing well. Bonus points are the other critical factor.
Big opportunity for both teams tonight. I'm with you BDA. I hope we get up with a BP. Brumbies have one, we need to start picking them up too.
I am confident that Link is seeing this as an opportunity to bag some tries but. Him naming the team that he did, as early as he did was him saying that regardless of what else happens, we are pulling the trigger this week. I fucking like the sound of that!!!!!

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Haha! Yeah I is smart.
No I guess I should've elaborated. Often in the Aus conference the emphasis is placed on beating the teams within the AUS conf and that the non-conf games are of secondary importance. This is the recipe to top the Aus conference for sure but if you get edged out of top spot then you're likely to not even make the top six al la Brumbies last year.
Last year the NZ teams all went 1-1 on games within their conf (with the exception of the blues) and still almost got 3 teams in the 6.
It may sound like stating the obvious but I got the feeling that in Aus at least it maybe wasn't.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Yes an quite frankly i you dont come in 1st or 2nd on the overall log, your chances are bupkis.

It's like Rickie Bobby's dad use to say.."if you're not first, your last"

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Hmmmm.. I hope Links is bringing out his wet weather strategy manual.
There are heavy showers here in Brisbane now, and radar shows a lot more coming.
Might be an end to the open game.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Canes get an early penalty for Cooper holding on. 3 - 0.

Interesting ruling from Walsh, as neither tackler released the tackled player. Hopefully Walsh will be consistent with this ruling at least.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Reds get a penalty attempt for Canes offside. Only 3 mins in, Quade to kick for goal. Worrying how keen Walsh is to blow his whistle. Hope both teams settle quickly.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Reds maul it 15m from tacking the kick off, then get a penalty for collapsing the maul. Walsh gives a warning for multiple attempts to collapse the maul before it went down.

3 penalties in the first 5 minutes.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Franks in the from the side, silly play land Walsh blows another. 6 penalties in 4 minutes. Blatant from Franks.

Reds attacking lineout on the 22.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Interesting ruling from Walsh, as neither tackler released the tackled player. Hopefully Walsh will be consistent with this ruling at least.

Walshy wasn't in a good position for that one. But the offences were simultaneous and he must have thought Quade not releasing would have happened either way.

He's blowing up the game a lot but it shows he's switched on, better sort the crap out early than later I suppose. Yellow cards been having a lot of impact lately.

Ref cam will be interesting with him though lol. Not sure why of all people he agreed to that!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Reds lineout looks strong tonight, although FingerS seems to be taking forever to throw the Gilbert in to the Piggies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Another penalty for the Canes not rolling away. Right in front, 22 out.

5 penalties within the first 8 minutes.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Walshy wasn't in a good position for that one. But the offences were simultaneous and he must have thought Quade not releasing would have happened either way.

He's blowing up the game a lot but it shows he's switched on, better sort the crap out early than later I suppose. Yellow cards been having a lot of impact lately.

Ref cam will be interesting with him though lol. Not sure why of all people he agreed to that!

When the player is isolated like that, I think it's fine if the ref gives the benefit of the doubt to the attacking team, which Walsh did.

Hopefully both teams settle.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
9 minutes in, and the Canes have their first attacking ball, from a lineout.

Penalty advantage to the Canes already for offside.

Barrett misses a drop goal attempt.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
BTW, that was the sixth penalty in the first 10 minutes. Very stop and start.

Barrett kicks the penalty. 6 all.

Status
Not open for further replies.