• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 13: Brumbies v Rebels, Sat 12th May @7:40pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I am sorry but I have serious doubts about Rebels coaching team as Rebels looked like they are coached by u10 coach for last couple of months......

The Rebels play is disjointed and so amateurish it is not funny.....or more to the point they are lucky the Sunwolves are in Oz conference as otherwise would be bottom of the conference...although at this point I think the Sunwolves would beat the Rebels given where they are at......

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I am sorry but I have serious doubts about Rebels coaching team as Rebels looked like they are coached by u10 coach for last couple of months..

The Rebels play is disjointed and so amateurish it is not funny...or more to the point they are lucky the Sunwolves are in Oz conference as otherwise would be bottom of the conference.although at this point I think the Sunwolves would beat the Rebels given where they are at..
What's that saying about Dan Mckeller

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Was that last penalty really a penalty. Didnt see the Coleman pen in the 1st half but surely that is an extremely soft precedent to set if thats a high shot.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What happened

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Rebels started well....... but Brumbies came back with 24 unanswered points, with 3 tries coming in the latter part of the first half - it looked like it might be a repeat of their game against the Reds.

In the second half the Brumbies camped out near the Rebels tryline with consecutive penalties, but couldn't get the try. Probably shouldn't taken 3 points when they got a penalty right in front, but kept persisting and the Rebels only grew in confidence. Eventually they took their 3 points from a spot even further out.

After that the Rebels had their tails up and bagged a couple of quick tries, and Sam Carter true to form gives away a penalty near the end.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
That was the nadir for the Brumbies. Lowest point in their history.

After that game, I'm ready to give them away unless they make some very big calls.

Lose Henry Speight - three missed tackles led directly to tries, and there were many others but mostly he was simply out of position and not on the spot to even make a tackle.

Christian needs to retire immediately. He has none of his previous skills nor any pace anymore.

McCaffrey should be dropped until he learns how to play the position he is picked in. First two touches he kicked the fucking ball away. Did very little for the rest of the game and butchered a certain late try with poor handling.

Robbie Abel unfortunately is simply not able - not able to find a jumper in the lineout.

Dan McKellar has now ground the side down to one of its worst performances and has them at the bottom of the Aus Sides in the conference. Just not acceptable to this once proud club. He must go, right now. Take a couple of his Assistants with him. What has Hewatt contributed to the attack? Absolutely nothing.

Cusack, Ala'alatoa, Valetini, Sio while he was on, Arnold, Powell and Banks were the only ones who performed at least adequately.

Up until this moment, I didn't have any enthusiasm at all for getting Quade down here, but now it would be worth taking over the whole of his outstanding contract if he could be enticed here. Captain coach I reckon.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I can't include Powell in that list - he's been good for them this year but he butchered a number of try scoring opportunities.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
I watched Speight miss that tackle on Cottrell that led to the first try and after he missed he made no attempt to get back and try to join in the defence, just jogged back watching it unfold - when you're one of the fastest guys on the field surely you can be expected to get back there and try to stop the opposition, especially when your missed tackle led to them being on the attack. If that is the calibre that Cheika wants in a Wallaby winger, or the Brumbies want in an Super Rugby winger then they're in trouble. Just seems ineffective, even on attack when a guy as powerful and quick as him should be expected to break the line a few times.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I watched Speight miss that tackle on Cottrell that led to the first try and after he missed he made no attempt to get back and try to join in the defence, just jogged back watching it unfold - when you're one of the fastest guys on the field surely you can be expected to get back there and try to stop the opposition, especially when your missed tackle led to them being on the attack. If that is the calibre that Cheika wants in a Wallaby winger, or the Brumbies want in an Super Rugby winger then they're in trouble. Just seems ineffective, even on attack when a guy as powerful and quick as him should be expected to break the line a few times.
Daugunu and Taqele are the only wingers that have improved this year for Australian sides. Naivalu, Speight, Koroibete have all regressed at a rate of knots.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

As for the Brumbies Neil, I believe they are in trouble.

Will have to wait and see about the Wallabies.

Status
Not open for further replies.