• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 13!!!!!, Crusaders v Waratahs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I can't understand why Tah supporters are so vitriolic towards their own team when they were one poor decision away from a win.
Not sure O'keefe's inept officiating favoured either side (apart from Moody's elbow). How did they all miss that?
I blame Beale for not writhing on the ground clutching his throat then Crusaders would have been down to 14 and -7 points.
It’s not in his abattoir

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
KCADQD2VJZDU7J5PKLKWIGELDU.jpg

Looks damning.

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
The female commentator seemed to be doing OK. Maybe it was being momentarily blinded by the NZ sunshine that she did not properly see the forearm to the throat of Beale.

I just wish Phil Kearns had been commentating.

What_the...

Peter Burge (5)
So dumb to lead with the elbow. Big man could easily have hit him chest on chest and Beale would have gone down.

Yep, except Moody never had the ball at that point so either way was clear obstruction. What made it so ridiculous was that Mo’unga had to leap over Beale’s body, surely that should have illicited a question mark over the play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Yep, except Moody never had the ball at that point so either way was clear obstruction. What made it so ridiculous was that Mo’unga had to leap over Beale’s body, surely that should have illicited a question mark over the play.

Yeah obviously it'd still be illegal but there are smarter ways to go about it.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Couple of things. The Moody try is just flat out bonkers. The amount of absolute bullshiit that has been pulled up in the last few years, by coked up TMO's is mind bending. He could only have deliberately left it or is so severely incompetent that he will be given a quarter final at next years world cup.

The guy jumped the impeded player! What!?

The level of refereeing in super rugby right now is atrocious, across the board.

Moody is a cheap grub: he should get 8 weeks for that and the nitwit commentator who merely said he took care of Beale should get 10.

He'll definitely get something, deserves it. Don't talk too much about cheap grubs though. psst.. you've got Kepu plying his trade in your side.

As for the Tah's, holy shit. 29-0 up. 20 fucking 9. You know the sad thing? I was just checking scores on my phone and saw 29-0 and the only thought I had was WHEN the Crusaders would catch them.

And if you ever wonder why Australian rugby is so shit atm, it's ex-players like Hoiles coming up with "we need to cheat better". How about having the composure of a 12 year old child, to close a game out 30 points ahead. Far out.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Moody to be a 100 test AB and that performance.

ACR the NZ sides have a long and proud history of elevating outright scum to national hero level. Meads, Bunce, Loe... and others. Thing is they were all brilliant players as well, just shit bags with a malicious streak in them.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Couple of things. The Moody try is just flat out bonkers. The amount of absolute bullshiit that has been pulled up in the last few years, by coked up TMO's is mind bending. He could only have deliberately left it or is so severely incompetent that he will be given a quarter final at next years world cup.

The guy jumped the impeded player! What!?

The level of refereeing in super rugby right now is atrocious, across the board.

He'll definitely get something, deserves it. Don't talk too much about cheap grubs though. psst.. you've got Kepu plying his trade in your side.

As for the Tah's, holy shit. 29-0 up. 20 fucking 9. You know the sad thing? I was just checking scores on my phone and saw 29-0 and the only thought I had was WHEN the Crusaders would catch them.

And if you ever wonder why Australian rugby is so shit atm, it's ex-players like Hoiles coming up with "we need to cheat better". How about having the composure of a 12 year old child, to close a game out 30 points ahead. Far out.

Kepu's not in my team until June - so I'll dodge that one.:)
As for the Tahs - thats why they're not my team, though my team are sinking to their level on a ship that is taking water faster than the Rainbow Warrior (that wasn't my team either)

Reactions: ACR

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
The changing point was pretty obvious for me, at 32 minutes the Tahs turned over the ball in their 22 and miller runs and attempts to pass wide to miss the mark by a good 5+ metres. Fundamental skill failure, Folau tracks back and scrambles and they hold the ball. Up to that point every kick that was supposed to go out did and every in field kick had a chaser. From thaqt point on penalties were missed and clearance kicks did not find touch. Passes got sloppy and the line speed in defence dropped away. They became passive and the forwards lost the momentum that actually saw their relatively light and weak contact work being effective for the first time this year against a non-Australian side. From that point on it was a fore gone conclusion that they would lose and they knew it themselves.

It is too easy to blame the coaches, and judged on actual performance I'd have to say Gibson is the best in Australia with a roster that he pretty much inherited on long contracts from Chieka, but he (and the others) are pushing shit up hill with a pointy stick because fundamentally the players do not have the skills execution under pressure, hence the missed clearances etc.

Willin1

Allen Oxlade (6)
Expecting Moody to get a lengthy stretch on the sidelines.Such a fucking brainless and blatant foul could have and should have cost saders the game.
Thought the tip tackle didn't look too bad initially but after looking again.........
Okeefe needs to be given a slap as well. Even though he missed some Waratahs indiscretions he did cost them the game.
That's from a staunch crusaders supporter!

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
edit: response for kiap.

I've only watched the highlights. So not sure in general, but if there was a red card earlier in the game, it probably would have. So, likely yes. That's seven points and a player.

That "tip tackle" at the end was pretty marginal, he was basically already on the ground when his legs went up. Reckon worth a penalty, no more. Wrong side of halfway (should have kicked some easier ones) from what I hear. So there's a chance for them at the end.

When the Sharks smashed the Highlanders last week, the refereeing was pretty bad. Forward passes for trys, players in front of kicks, favourable scrum penalties. If the Highlanders weren't also terrible, it probably would have cost them.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Moody to be a 100 test AB and that performance.

ACR the NZ sides have a long and proud history of elevating outright scum to national hero level. Meads, Bunce, Loe. and others. Thing is they were all brilliant players as well, just shit bags with a malicious streak in them.

Sure, I never saw Loe or Meads. So, from what I hear you're probably right. I remember Bunce getting pummeled by that wallaby in the 90's, but he got him a few years earlier. I'd put that down to "the rough old days". I sure as shit remember the flat out attack on O'Gara in '05, that was blatant assault. So there's scumbags everywhere. The kiwi ones happened to be good players, you know, cause they normally are. ;)

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Sure, I never saw Loe or Meads. So, from what I hear you're probably right. I remember Bunce getting pummeled by that wallaby in the 90's, but he got him a few years earlier. I'd put that down to "the rough old days". I sure as shit remember the flat out attack on O'Gara in '05, that was blatant assault. So there's scumbags everywhere. The kiwi ones happened to be good players, you know, cause they normally are. ;)

Look up Meads and Loe. Loe in particular - if ever a name suited a bloke it was him. Michael Brial copped a cheap shot shoulder from Bunce straight to the kidneys in a very dangerous move on a prone player in the ruck. Absolute scum act, pity that Brial can't fight for shit and he didn't end Bunce's career, for all his flailing and thrashing Bunce didn't get so much as a swollen lip.

The O'Gara incident you mentioned was shall I say a typical Mungo act from an idiot (Duncan McRae) that was never supported/excused or promoted by anybody in Australian Rugby and from memory not only did he get a very lengthy ban his career was on ice after that. My point is that unlike NZ rugby where the track record is that talent allows really scum behaviour on the field.

Then again I suppose our players have been dealing up the shit off-field and getting away with it.....

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Two weeks for Moody, would normally be four weeks for such an incident but he made an "early guilty plea" and had a "clean record" before this. There's probably a couple of local games of touch going on this week that he could have played in so expect to see him starting this Friday.
I just googled to see if there was an update and found this, if history is any guide his record will stay clean and he won’t need to register with the local touch footy team.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/a...y-escapes-with-a-warning-for-dangerous-tackle

Status
Not open for further replies.