• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 13!!!!!, Crusaders v Waratahs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Hopefully they let Cron spend a bit more time plying his craft as an assistant rather than throwing him to the wolves immediately like Thorn.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Quite a bit, I think. Given the cattle Gibson shackled him with he has done miracles.

That said, the Tahs defending was the best they have been all year and Gibson's the defensive coach, so he does deserve some credit.

Not berating Gibson, but anyone would be expected to improve on Grey as the defense coach.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
How much credit for the improved Tahs' performances should go to Simon Cron or the absence of Nathan Grey?

The absence of Grey and his abdominal structures from last year and the year before. With largely the same people we have a very greatly improved defensive outcome and the structures just do not see the shuffling and fluffing about that we saw under Grey.

The Tahs skills are still shite in general but there have been phases where they have executed very well, such as the first 30 minutes of Saturday's game. But then something happens like that dropped wayward pass and it all turns to shit. I do not excuse Gibson for the things he could fix, but for the current crop of "professional" players in Australia I just don't know if they even have the will or ability to acknowledge how poor their basic execution is comparatively.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
“Foul play review committee chairman Nigel Hampton said the strike merited a mid-range entry point of four weeks due to the dangerous contact with the opposing player's head. However, taking into account Moody's "excellent" judicial record, good character and early guilty plea, the suspension was reduced to two weeks.”

1. Hampton is a kiwi QC (Quade Cooper): so this incident was missed by 4 incompetent kiwi officials and ruled on by a 5th;

2. This wasn’t merely dangerous contact: this was offside interference with a defensive player, deliberately using an elbow to his jaw. It was not accidental or incidental contact with his head;

3. All of which would suggest that Hampton (who has been in practice since 1964 - so no doubt recalls Meads and Loe as great all blacks) well understood his real mission, naively summed up by Stuff:

“The suspension will see Moody miss matches against the Blues and Hurricanes but 29-year-old will return to face the Chiefs, making him available for All Blacks selection ahead of their test series against France one week later.“

A QC (Quade Cooper) - code for corrupt corridor walker of no real use to society, a bigger waste of oxygen than the perpetrators who they defend.

The NZRU is well accustomed to conflicts of interest that everyone else but them perceive, Obrien visiting their dressing rooms and apologising after test matches and all for something that was properly ruled in the first place.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep that is what you call showing people what you want them to see and not everything Derpus. Lol you could get some great outcomes if they only showed partial videos couldn't they?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yep that is what you call showing people what you want them to see and not everything Derpus. Lol you could get some great outcomes if they only showed partial videos couldn't they?
Yeah, i mean. I agree to an extent. His legs are sky high so there is 0 chance of him landing horizontally. It does not look like it would be worse than a penalty though.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I have no idea why the gif was cut off then.

From the attached screenshot it is pretty clear that Wells is well above the horizontal when he hits the ground.

It's also pretty clear that Samu is part of the tackle and has to release but doesn't.

Attachments

• Wells tip tackle.jpg
    Wells tip tackle.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 177

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

You just cannot see any wrongdoing there, eh?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Yeah, i mean. I agree to an extent. His legs are sky high so there is 0 chance of him landing horizontally. It does not look like it would be worse than a penalty though.

But certainly a penalty which keeps the game going and a chance for another score by the Tahs. Just another very poor decision.

And Dan, do you really believe there was any chance that Wells would have landed other than shoulder or head first from the angle of the tackle? You will lose all credibility with me as an impartial commentator if you try to argue there was no reason for a penalty in that tackle.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
You just cannot see any wrongdoing there, eh?
Stop being such a f***ing idiot Cyclo, where did I say that, all I said was it was nicely shown so that you saw what the poster wanted you to see and not the whole thing! Where did I say it was ok?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
But certainly a penalty which keeps the game going and a chance for another score by the Tahs. Just another very poor decision.

And Dan, do you really believe there was any chance that Wells would have landed other than shoulder or head first from the angle of the tackle? You will lose all credibility with me as an impartial commentator if you try to argue there was no reason for a penalty in that tackle.

I have no idea at all BR and wasn't saying that at all! Can you, like Cyclo point out anywhere I did say it? And please point out where I have indicated that I thought it was ok.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I have no idea why the gif was cut off then.

From the attached screenshot it is pretty clear that Wells is well above the horizontal when he hits the ground.

It's also pretty clear that Samu is part of the tackle and has to release but doesn't.

Geez BH the gif was obviously cut off because whoever posted it didn't want to show the rest for whatever reason. I have no idea, but there is something he doesn't particularly want us to see for some reason I would strongly suspect or maybe he just wasn't good at editting.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Stop being such a f***ing idiot Cyclo, where did I say that, all I said was it was nicely shown so that you saw what the poster wanted you to see and not the whole thing! Where did I say it was ok?

Hmm, well, fucking idiot, eh? Maybe "fucking" re-think your wording then (since this is how you want to communicate). Your post certainly implied that. Seemingly to more people than just me.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

The soles of his boots are pointing to the sky and his shoulder is less than 10 centimetres from the ground. I'm trying to think of different possiblities for what happened next, but I can only think of one. i.e. his shoulder strikes the ground. IF that is what happened then it is an automatic red card.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Geez BH the gif was obviously cut off because whoever posted it didn't want to show the rest for whatever reason. I have no idea, but there is something he doesn't particularly want us to see for some reason I would strongly suspect or maybe he just wasn't good at editting.
File Size limit?
When I cast my mind back to the shit heaped on Cooper for his run ins with the goat and the behaviour of the kiwis over harmless - but certainly disrespectful conduct - I am struck by the double standard. That double standard applies over decades.
When all is said and done no one was injured or even risked being injured in the underarm incident and yet it remains a barb in the nz quiver of whinges against us.
I thought you didn’t subscribe to this version of NZ history from your reasonable posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.