• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 19 - Reds vs Sunwolves - Friday 13 July 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Interesting re Tupou in the scrum, perhaps good reason to keep him coming off the bench at Wallaby level for a little longer. I think the scrum could be a real point of attack for us against NZ this year.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Interesting re Tupou in the scrum, perhaps good reason to keep him coming off the bench at Wallaby level for a little longer. I think the scrum could be a real point of attack for us against NZ this year.

Why keep him off the bench? Because he’s the only prop trying tricks in the scrum?

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Why keep him off the bench? Because he’s the only prop trying tricks in the scrum?
It's not a dig at Tupou, there's nothing I'd like to see more than him destroying the All Black scrum from the get go, I just have a feeling that if we made a big deal of starting him and said we were going to attack the All Black scrum then a quiet word may be had to the referee prior to the Bledislode. I'm sure Dan's not the only kiwi who's noticed some of Tupou's dark arts and the last thing we need is him being saddled with a disingenuous reputation.

Anyhow, hopefully won't be a problem and I look forward to seeing Tupou ravage the Sunwolves' scrum.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
If anything, I think his physical dominance will give him some benefit of the doubt.

If a ref calls him for boring in, I would expect he would switch up his tactics and still be an almighty handful.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
It's not a dig at Tupou, there's nothing I'd like to see more than him destroying the All Black scrum from the get go, I just have a feeling that if we made a big deal of starting him and said we were going to attack the All Black scrum then a quiet word may be had to the referee prior to the Bledislode. I'm sure Dan's not the only kiwi who's noticed some of Tupou's dark arts and the last thing we need is him being saddled with a disingenuous reputation.

Anyhow, hopefully won't be a problem and I look forward to seeing Tupou ravage the Sunwolves' scrum.

Thor is a huge lad and plenty strong. That is what is getting him dominant ATM.

He is still inexperienced about the dark arts.

Once he learns those he will be extra awesome.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Wtf was that call, not watching. Switched to check the score and saw that be given a red. I've never been a dirty player but should have a dozen reds by that standard.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Lost

Ted Fahey (11)
Ffs that is embarrassing to all involved. The TMO needs to have his microphone turned off

Richard Loe would be laughing his head off. By that standard he would have got 2 years in jail for re arranging Carozza’s nose.

Absolutely ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I can't understand how that could be a red card - I mean seriously there was no force I could see. Something really wrong if that is seen as red card offence.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I think I use more force when I pat our cat. OK, I'm not a cat person, but it's still alive after 12 years!

Rock Lobster

Larry Dwyer (12)
The game has now officially lost the plot. That decision simply cannot be defended and as a player coach and spectator of 50 years it truly saddens me to see this once great game decend to this level.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I just got home to see a reply of the Red to Quirk.

That’s a really poor decision IMO. On the view I saw, I’m not even sure it’s a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.