• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 2: Hurricanes V Rebels, Venue TBC, March 4 @ 3:15 AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NTT

Im sure im not alone here but im hoping the Rebels show an improvement in this one. Fitness isn't usually something that can be fixed in a week but the Rebels will need that improvement. The Hurricanes have threats everywhere that will need the Rebels be on their toes defensively. The Rebels will have to have the ball security at a premium as the best way to stop the Canes will be to deny them ball and time on the ball.
Im probably alone here but im tipping the Rebels by 3pts.

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
Welcome to rugby Koroibete ,, lets see what you have ,, hopefully the backline can create some room,,,not sure how whatisname kept no 10 , all that is left i suppose . looking for improved performances all round

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Rebels in an upset.

Canes will be too confident and Rebels will muscle up and ambush them.

For all you doubters, the Rebels by 12

I wouldn't say by 12, but the upset is possible. We were there two years ago, and some would say, almost won, I think the boys can do it if they keep their focus and don't get rattled.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Rebels team Hanson, Inman and Koroibete in. i think Maddox is unlucky, he offers much more than Volavola IMO.

1. Cruze Ah-Nau
2. James Hanson
3. Laurie Weeks
4. Steve Cummins
5. Lopeti Timani
6. Jordy Reid
7. Colby Fainga’a
8. Amanaki Mafi

Reserves
16. Pat Leafa
17. Tom Moloney
18. Tyrel Lomax
19. Culum Retallick
20. Jake Schatz

Should be:
4. Cummins
5. Retallick
6. Mafi
7. Reid
8. Timani

with Fainga'a out of the 23 and another lock brought in (from the wider squad if necessary). The selected backrow will get bashed off the park by the NZ teams - this week Coles, Shields and Prinsep and ARDIE SAVEA.

Front row does not fill me with confidence either.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Laurie Weeks out with a cork.

Lomax starting with Fereti Sa'aga on the bench.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
TEAM CHANGE | Tyrel Lomax will make his run-on debut for Laurie Weeks (cork). Fereti Sa'aga has been promoted to the reserves.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Jordy jumping on defensive line outs? Do we not have one lock who can bloody jump

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Rebels looking quite promising.

The boots of Bachop, Debreczeni and Hodge have got you guys out of a few tricky situations.

Lomax looks like a really powerful ball carrier and Mafi / Timpani have been very dynamic.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Fucking Hurricanes and their dinky little kicks.

Rebels need to be a bit more composed in defence and they need to capitalise on their chances / line breaks otherwise this could get ugly.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Can't afford turnovers even in attacking half. Lost ball at scrum and Hurricanes score from kick. Another turnover in attacking half and Hurricanes get within 10 metres and then almost conceded try from cross field kick.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Same old same old set piece turnovers in attacking half leading to opposition tries at the other end. Simply cannot compete if you cant win your own line out

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
If Debrezceni had've just tackled the winger like a rugby player and not a mad bitch that wouldn't have been a try.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
What sort of F@cking leader do we have on the field, completely gave up on that chase. Your the captain and scrum half, you should be the fittest on the field. Piss poor effort

Status
Not open for further replies.