• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 2: Hurricanes V Rebels, Venue TBC, March 4 @ 3:15 AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NTT

Garden-Bachop is a turnstile. Absolutely killing the Rebels defensive system being out of position and totally unwilling to make a tackle.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
I know the Rebels have had equal most wins in our history the last two years. But at least under Damien Hill amongst a lot of opposition tries the Rebels always had some ability in attack and scored some entertaining tries.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I like Lomax though. Strong in the scrum

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Not so far. Hurricanes scrum totally dominant. Would Weeks have been better? Probably not.

The major problem is that the Rebels backs want to be passive in defence. Against the hurricanes you have to be up in their face immediately or else you'll get murdered. Then you have to operate with two sweepers for the chip kicks.

Its going to be very ugly.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Good, 10 minutes where we can't be scored against.
Unfotunately that leaves 70 more in the game. This weeek as well as last the opening 20 - 25 were quite good but not enough to dent the confidence of the opposition or score enough points themselves. 5 tries in about 15 minutes says it all.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Unfotunately that leaves 70 more in the game. This weeek as well as last the opening 20 - 25 were quite good but not enough to dent the confidence of the opposition or score enough points themselves. 5 tries in about 15 minutes says it all.
I meant half-time.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Thats a very odd reaction.

Bill Pulver is doing a good job given his resources (especially relative to his predecessors).

The Rebels need a new coach and a stronger squad, but I scarcely see what Billy Ps got to do with this.

It was a nod to the fact that Australian super rugby teams have been a bit shit over the past year.

More belongs in any one of the threads about the ARU

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
How much space is TJP allowed? They're making him look good!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
How I wish Luke Jones was still at the Rebels watching this crap

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Rebels are privately owned, they need to tell the ARU we are going to do this our way.

Sack McGahen, get the best possible 10 available no matter who it is.

Vince Lombardy he ain't

Status
Not open for further replies.