• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 3 : Reds v Crusaders - 11 March 2017 - Suncorp Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
bt srsly how tf was that a penalty against kerevi? this ref was a joke

last week he was trying to win the force the same. disgraceful.

we should have won the game vs the sharks by 10+ the ref left them get awyay with urder

the ucken refs are so fuken biased agaisnt us its a joke

we should go and complain to sanzaaer about this reffing

Shiggins, WO is that more like it?

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from last night:

Flickr or Facebook

32543797004_6d709a708c_c_d.jpg

32573970983_8e2173c65b_c_d.jpg

33005681790_898c0bbef4_c_d.jpg

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
The bloke who smacked Slips should have got a YC
Bloke who tried to kill Simmo should have got a RC

They are the riles.

Reds lacked composure in the last few minutes. Ball should have been kicked long and we defend in their half out of range from a penalty kick.

In that last 10 minutes we seem to give them back the ball near the half mark and allowed them to continually attack. Fucking stupid.

Overall I liked the commitment from the boys. Young bloke Perese looks the goods. Particularly impressed with the Viking LH replacement as opposed to Thor. One bloke took the opportunity, the other lad is wasting his a bit. He is chosen simply because of his running and that is non-existent ATM

Lineouts were great this week.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Right on the money Scrubber regarding the two replacement props. Vanzati looked much more impressive in open play than Tupou. Don't think Thor's scrum input is up there at this level yet either.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
^^^^
BR
I understand that he is young and relatively inexperienced at the dark arts. That will come in time - he should get better and better at that aspect,

It's his running game that brought him into the spotlight. It's just not evident at all. If he can't do that then what's the use.

I said this some time ago. Too many people put huge expectations on the kid, including the media. Too many people and probably those closest to him have got in his ear. He needs to work hard, rip up those old news articles, listen to his coaches and senior players and success will follow.

He has all the natural and physical attributes to be a very good player. His mental toughness and dedication to success will be the thing for this lad.

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
Previous week the Force won the second half 14-0 then the Crusaders won the second half 15-0. Coincidence? The bench not bringing it home?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
^^ It's not a coincidence at all IMO. I don't think it's the bench though, this week the bench and the starters were swapped around quite a bit from last week and the result was the same. No tries after 25 minutes and no points at all after 35 minutes.

To me it looks like either the 80 minute players are just gassed (in which case it's a fitness issue) or the Reds are still playing too structured a game which they struggle to keep going as fatigue builds. If the Reds could have converted even one more of those try opportunities they bombed in the first half into points they would have held on, but ultimately they need to score points in the second half. Even if they're just playing for penalties and kicking goals which is how the SA teams often play.

If it is a fitness issue then I have a nasty feeling the Reds are going to get flogged this weekend at altitude.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
The truth of the matter, I believe, is that the Crusaders know how to win at the end. The Reds are going to have to learn how to.

Simples

Reactions: gel

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
They did do enough to win and lost very narrowly, you're both right. But that doesn't change the fact they were up 17-0 after 25 minutes and then were outscored 22 points to 3 by a team with a big injury toll that played out the last 10 minutes with 14 players.

And not only did it also happen last week, it happened a lot last season too. Maybe it's not fitness, but it's not the bench and I reckon it's happening too often to just be bad luck.

If the Reds could keep up the intensity they often show in the first half for the whole 80 they'd be a bloody hard team to beat.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
As I said earlier I think it mental fortitude, mate I was with has on those ref ears, and said at about 68 minute mark as a scrum was going down he could hear one the Crusaders forwards calling 80 minutes boys 80 minutes.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Yeah, the Crusaders certainly don't lack mental fortitude.

At least the attitude in the Reds seems to be much better this season, they were absolutely gutted after full time, you could tell they really wanted that win. Kerevi was sobbing his heart out. If the passion is there hopefully the fortitude and belief will come with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.