• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 3 : Reds v Crusaders - 11 March 2017 - Suncorp Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
To answer a couple of the questions on this thread.

Rodda was replaced because he suffered a head knock.

Thanks Reg. I didn't notice any issue with Rodda and was surprised he was subbed at half time. Really looks to be one of the best youngsters coming through. I reckon Thorne would be enjoying working with him.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Was at the game last night and I admit I still not sure how the Reds blew that. As for whoever said the ref gave the Crusaders 10 points, what a load of bloody rubbish!!
That was me Dan. I appreciate that since you were at the game you may have no idea what I'm talking about. I suggest you watch a replay of the couple of phases before the Crusaders final try.
A CRU player hits the ball up and is tackled probably 6 or 7m out. He then rolls about 3-4 times toward our goal line and then for good measure crawls a bit too. In the end about a 5m gain whilst off his feet and after being tackled. It's either the next phase or the one after that the Crusaders score against the post pad.
In the very same ruck, after the Crusaders guy finally stopped about 1m from the line, Korcyzk has a crack at the ball and is 'cleaned out' by a Crusaders player who flys into the ruck with no arms and makes first contact with Adams face with his shoulder.
Either of those infringements being penalised as they should be (the clean out should've been a card) and the Reds have a line out about 10m short of half way with an 8 point lead still.
I don't think I need to explain the issue of the last penalty that gave the Crusaders the 3 points and the match do I?

As I said you probably didn't see that if watching from the stands so before you call my claim absolute rubbish maybe have a look at what I'm talking about first.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I was a bit disappointed in the abuse the refs got from the crowd (in my area anyway) at times, and wonder what game some of the people around me were watching.
I have watched rugby at a lot of grounds over the years and have *never* seen a fair and balanced home crowd. That includes NZ home crowds. I am constantly amazed when I read people commenting about how the home crowd behaves as if their own home crowd are sitting in the stands in their smokers jackets pontificating the merits of the drift or rush defence whilst consuming cucumber sandwiches and lashings of ginger beer.

It doesn't happen - all home crowds are biased and ridiculous.

The giveaway for me is when i hear "he could have DIED!!!!!! Send him off!!!!" whenever there's a slightly highish tackle. That's when I know the crowd are just in it for the good times.

That said the Lang park crowd don't like referees.

Or whistles.

It sets us off.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
10. If another poster does not understand or agree with your point after 3 or 4 attempts, LET IT GO, WALK AWAY. It is very boring for other posters when the thread gets hijacked by two people having an argument. Let this be your guide:

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

I kinda like the fat and ugly one better!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
There's no way the Crusaders should've won that, esp after Taufua got binned. As several others have commented, it's gotta be a mental thing with the Reds not having the nous to play the last few minutes at the other end of the field. That said with that forward pack you should be able to hit it up three or four times & put it to the stands as soon as the siren goes.

Last pass for the Nabuli try looked iffy but other than that & the usual 50/50 calls that no ref is ever gunna get 100% right I don't think either team or their supporters have much to bitch about officiating-wise.

Can't help but notice that Torp has yet to "get in character" & has made at least a coupla rational posts recently....
It has been duly noted.

Reactions: mst

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
They need a bit more than "hard ball runners". They need just a tiny bit of creativity, and a bit of variety. Both conspicuous by their absence last night.

Seems to be working well for Kerevi, hits that line hard and has been the Reds main weapon so far. Nice option for Cooper to have 2 runners like that 10-15 out of the opposition try line.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Stiles did not want them to play that way at the end. He wanted them to kick it down field, back their defence and be aware that penalties are almost inevitable at that stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is not a good sign if their ignoring there coach 3 weeks in

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
This is not a good sign if their ignoring there coach 3 weeks in

Who said they are ignoring him? Stiles just said he wanted it played another way.

Now you'd like to assume the message got out to them but perhaps it didn't?

It was pretty much all down to QC (Quade Cooper) (Slipper, Moore, Smith, Frisby all off I think) and he was making the calls. I think he must bare the brunt of any flack.

Reactions: dru

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
As I said you probably didn't see that if watching from the stands so before you call my claim absolute rubbish maybe have a look at what I'm talking about first.

Scoey, as I said I think the call was rubbish mate, unless you want to explain the penalties etc in the scrums too, which to mind had the same result in changing the game. I not saying you or I have to agree with all refs call, but to say the ref gave so and so 10 points etc I will continue to call rubbish.

I have watched rugby at a lot of grounds over the years and have *never* seen a fair and balanced home crowd. That includes NZ home crowds. I am constantly amazed when I read people commenting about how the home crowd behaves as if their own home crowd are sitting in the stands in their smokers jackets pontificating the merits of the drift or rush defence whilst consuming cucumber sandwiches and lashings of ginger beer.

It doesn't happen - all home crowds are biased and ridiculous.]
Gel couldn't agree more, I get just as disappointed wherever and whenever it happens, I in no way was suggesting the Reds crowd is worse than any other, whether here,NZ or whever else,but I have said here many time I am amazed that abuse of refs by people who usually don't know the laws all that well themselves abuse/boo refs etc. I could not believe some of the comments last night is all I said, and the abuse the ref got for calling back a very clear knock on was over the top, as it often is. If we all accept that it is ok to abuse/argue with refs decisions because other people do it, well I leave it to you on what that makes us as supposed rugby fans!

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Who said they are ignoring him? Stiles just said he wanted it played another way.

Now you'd like to assume the message got out to them but perhaps it didn't?

It was pretty much all down to QC (Quade Cooper) (Slipper, Moore, Smith, Frisby all off I think) and he was making the calls. I think he must bare the brunt of any flack.
Which forwards were left on? 4 x Wallabies and a Japanese Test player?

If they want to keep the ball I think it will stay in the forwards.

I hate waterboys being on the field but dont they contact the coach?

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think the crowds know the laws (the easier ones that is).

They just don't care about them when it's their team on the receiving end.

What does that make us as rugby fans? The 16th player on the field. I don't like it when it's over the top like some of the soccer ones, but I think generally the rugby crowds are good natured. At least in my section.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I think the crowds know the laws (the easier ones that is).

They just don't care about them when it's their team on the receiving end.

What does that make us as rugby fans? The 16th player on the field. I don't like it when it's over the top like some of the soccer ones, but I think generally the rugby crowds are good natured. At least in my section.

As the saying goes, the only shitty ref decisions are the ones tht go against my team ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.