• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 3 : Reds v Crusaders - 11 March 2017 - Suncorp Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Just finished watching the match. Reds were the better team tonight. I thought Houston had a good night mostly but had two missed calls and one pretty iffy one after that handed the Crusaders 10 points and the win.

Good game to watch. Loving watching the intent in defence from guys like Hunt, Paiaaua and Tui. At one stage Hunt put on three massive hits in about thirty seconds and the third one forced a turnover.

We are building and it's going to take some time to get it all sorted. I'm ok with that. We left a lot of points out there tonight and as I said, I think the Crusaders score was ten points better than it should've been. The history books will just show a loss but so a good time to head to South Africa and Argentina I reckon. Heads up lads.

On a side note though, I'm fucking sick of the Fox commentary team deep throating the Crusaders. They haven't been worthy of that for what feels like a decade.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
The sad thing is it's not amazing. It's entirely predictable.

God Australian rugby is depressing.
You predicted the Reds to nearly win?????

Aus rugby is depressing but the Reds nearly got it. Better to be a Reds fan tonight than a Rebels fan the last two weeks!

It sucks for Aus rugby to lose but I think most would say the Reds nearly got an upset

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Damn, I assumed the Reds had won............

I didn't get to watch the game and had been keeping track of the score until around the 60min mark.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
That sucked. If that was stiles call for keeping ball in hand the last play, He should get a ear full. I mew the game was over there..
Young Reds played hard,
But that hurt, switched off in the second .which I thought by the 1st to games of the season was something that had been changed.
Still no where as bad as the last few years though...

I was surprised at first and then considered we had international 4,5,6 and 8. We should have controlled the ball for 2 minutes. Our international players should be able to control a ball for a couple of minutes (and know how to enter a ruck).

I ave no issue with attempting to control the ball

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
When and if the Reds winning in front of a (really small) home crowd doesn't really matter, and being beaten from behind largely through superior fitness by a Cru B team heavily afflicted by injuries, doesn't really matter then....

'It was a really good game, so much for the Reds to build on'
This is just crap. Of course winning matters. There not one single Reds fan tonight that would be happy that we didn't win.

Crusaders B team? In the lead up to the match, there wasn't a single post other than mine that had the Crusaders as weaker than the Reds.

But sure, keep picking out the negatives that suit your narrative and keep posting when we lose.

Seriously, I don't know why you keep watching.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Perhaps I don't look for small mercies enough.
No. You don't. You've been on your soap box for so long now that you have no idea how to get off it. You've been so focussed on the negatives for so long now, I am certain that's all you can see.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
To answer a couple of the questions on this thread.

Rodda was replaced because he suffered a head knock.

Stiles did not want them to play that way at the end. He wanted them to kick it down field, back their defence and be aware that penalties are almost inevitable at that stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Just finished watching the match. Reds were the better team tonight. I thought Houston had a good night mostly but had two missed calls and one pretty iffy one after that handed the Crusaders 10 points and the win.

Good game to watch. Loving watching the intent in defence from guys like Hunt, Paiaaua and Tui. At one stage Hunt put on three massive hits in about thirty seconds and the third one forced a turnover.

We are building and it's going to take some time to get it all sorted. I'm ok with that. We left a lot of points out there tonight and as I said, I think the Crusaders score was ten points better than it should've been. The history points will just show a loss but so a good time to head to South Africa and Argentina I reckon. Heads up lads.

On a side note though, I'm fucking sick of the Fox commentary team deep throating the Crusaders. They haven't been worthy of that for what feels like a decade.
Bugger off building.

Stiles has a 2 week tour to turn this shitheap around, or he can tell his story walking like his old boss Richie Graham.

This is pro sport. If you go into the bye at 1 & 5 with the squad we have, you've failed abysmally.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
^^^ (to Scoey)

Very amusing.

You said more or less the same thing (to me and others) when defending/excusing/justifying RG for years as you did.... until the consensus finally turned and it was 1000% clear he was a total, utter dud.

You are driven - and I respect it - by obsessive, blind loyalty to the Reds; I am driven by a hankering for objective and clear rugby excellence in a team that, I guarantee it, I followed and invested in just as much as you, though in a different way.

I won't be deterrred by your patronising demands of my conduct in commentary.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
^^^

Very amusing.

You said more or less the same thing (to me and others) when defending/excusing/justifying RG for years as you did.. until the consensus finally turned and it was 1000% clear he was a total, utter dud.

You are driven - and I respect it - by obsessive, blind loyalty to the Reds; I am driven by a hankering for objective and clear rugby excellence in a team that, I guarantee it, I followed and invested in just as much as you, though in a different way.

Hope dies last

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Bugger off building.

Stiles has a 2 week tour to turn this shitheap around, or he can tell his story walking like his old boss Richie Graham.

This is pro sport. If you go into the bye at 1 & 5 with the squad we have, you've failed abysmally.

Rubbish. By this marking criteria Chieka would've gotten the sack from the Tahs in his first season. They didn't sack him though, they realised that change of that scale takes time. I don't remember how that worked out for the Tahs though? That's right they were champions the next year. What a fucking shitheap they were. They didn't win it in Chiekas first year.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The Reds should be fucking ashamed to lose that from 17 up against a crippled opposition. Absolutely pathetic. Still no clue what that last penalty was for but it's irrelevant, the Reds should have been 30 up so that it didn't matter. I am pretty much done with this team. The years and years of heartache and false dawns and this is the best they can manage?
Haha wow. You won a title. Sad mate

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
^^^ (to Scoey)

Very amusing.

You said more or less the same thing (to me and others) when defending/excusing/justifying RG for years as you did.. until the consensus finally turned and it was 1000% clear he was a total, utter dud.

I wasn't joking.

Patronising huh? I guess you'd know a thing or two about that.

I defended RG early on but it's an utter exaggeration to say I defended him for 'years'. Mine is also not blind loyalty. I absolutely concede that we played like crap last week and in the second half tonight and my posts on here will back that up. I doubt you could post about positive without a sarcastic under tone or without making it a back handed compliment. You are conspicuously absent when we play well but you can always be counted on to post pretty much the same thing you always do when we lose.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Scoey - since around 2013 or so I'm just waiting for that day - when we play really well and consistently and win, with skill, intensity and flair, a deserved victory over a well-matched team.

I can see that my absence from such commentaries has made your heart grow bitterer, not fonder.

I understand why.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
That sucked. If that was stiles call for keeping ball in hand the last play, He should get a ear full. I mew the game was over there..
Young Reds played hard,
But that hurt, switched off in the second .which I thought by the 1st to games of the season was something that had been changed.
Still no where as bad as the last few years though...

Do you have any rum?

We'll all need an absolute shitload for this year ;)

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Scoey - since around 2013 or so I'm just waiting for that day - when we play really well and consistently and win, with skill, intensity and flair, a deserved victory over a well-matched team.

I can see that my absence from such commentaries has made your heart grow bitterer, not fonder.

I understand why.

And I can tell you, with 100% certainty, that next year is our year ;)

Reactions: gel
Status
Not open for further replies.