• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 3 : Reds v Crusaders - 11 March 2017 - Suncorp Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NTT

Well that fucken sucks. Should've been a penalty for that barrel rool by the Crusaders 8.
Reds looked excellent for the first 40mins.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well that fucken sucks. Should've been a penalty for that barrel rool by the Crusaders 8.
Reds looked excellent for the first 40mins.
Who cares if reds were good for 40 minutes as last time I checked rugby is an 80 minute game. Oh maybe someone forgot to tell them.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The barrel roll should have meant that last try should not have happened. Poor officiating, along with the penalty on full time. Houston was otherwise not bad, but those two decisions caused that game to get away from the Reds.

Tui and Rodda very good in the first half. WTF Stiles replaced Rodda and not Simmons mystifies me. I know people will say LH and TH locks, but Simmons just doesn't have much presence in a game. Kerevi and Nabuli also strong in the first half but had much less impact in the second half.

Is there a fitness issue at the Reds?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Garbage from the Cantabs. Don’t think they got it thru the hands once all night. Somehow the Reds were even worse. Man they are a fat fucken fucker team. Somehow even Khunt got fat. Who’s their strength and conditioning coach, bloody Trevor Gunston giving them a lift from Suncorp down to the takeaways for lunchtime every day in his stupid white ute? Most unfit team I’ve seen this season. They’ll ship 60+ to the Lions next week on the high veldt.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
That sucked. If that was stiles call for keeping ball in hand the last play, He should get a ear full. I mew the game was over there....
Young Reds played hard,
But that hurt, switched off in the second ...which I thought by the 1st to games of the season was something that had been changed.
Still no where as bad as the last few years though.....

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
The Reds should be fucking ashamed to lose that from 17 up against a crippled opposition. Absolutely pathetic. Still no clue what that last penalty was for but it's irrelevant, the Reds should have been 30 up so that it didn't matter. I am pretty much done with this team. The years and years of heartache and false dawns and this is the best they can manage?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
For those whom might, or can, or will........go back and compare this game with a Link-coached (and Taylor - defence - and Fowler - strategy - coached) Reds home game in 2010-11.

You will see important differences.

Actually, relatively, Reds had less team strength overall then vs the Cru of those years....Thorn, Carter, McCaw....for example.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
When and if the Reds winning in front of a (really small) home crowd doesn't really matter, and being beaten from behind largely through superior fitness by a Cru B team heavily afflicted by injuries, doesn't really matter then........

'It was a really good game, so much for the Reds to build on'

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
For those whom might, or can, or will....go back and compare this game with a Link-coached (and Taylor - defence - and Fowler - strategy - coached) Reds home game in 2010-11.

You will see important differences.

Actually, relatively, Reds had less team strength overall then vs the Cru of those years..Thorn, Carter, McCaw..for example.

When and if the Reds winning in front of a (really small) home crowd doesn't really matter, and being beaten from behind largely through superior fitness by a Cru B team heavily afflicted by injuries, doesn't really matter then....

'It was a really good game, so much for the Reds to build on'

So it's all shit?

What did you think of the 1st half?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
^^^

Good, but nothing ever comes just from First Acts alone.

And you of all posters know that.

(And let's be honest this was a Cru B team for the first half and even more for the second.)

Perhaps I don't look for small mercies enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.