• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 3 : Reds v Crusaders - 11 March 2017 - Suncorp Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Important match for the Reds coming off a loss to the Force last eek.

I think Ready will start following the disappointing form of Stephen Moore in both precious games.

Leroy must be getting close at least on the bench

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Well isn't this game just gonna go swimmingly............oh god someone grab the lube

Saders by 50+

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
We are in it IF Quade has a brilliant game (but too far and few between) AND our forwards (minus Moore) dominate.

I suspect Ready will start and be up for it.

Tough night ahead.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Reds by 4 at home.

No Quade will not stop "errors", his job is to chance it. Ditto Hunt and to some extent DP.

Our forwards can do better, I'd stick with things for now. Last week we were all giving a thumbs up for continuity in the selections. That attitude should not change after a down game.

Let's roll Red.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
No Quade will not stop "errors", his job is to chance it. Ditto Hunt and to some extent DP.

I don't see why that has to be the case.

He has lots of talent outside him. They don't need a miracle ball to go through a gap untouched, they just need time and space and the chance to beat their man.

I reckon Kerevi is more likely to beat his man getting the ball a reasonable distance from his defender than from having to catch a flat, cut out ball that is almost intercepted.

Paia'aua is playing well and Hunt is chiming into the line nicely and creating opportunities.

Surely Cooper's job is to play well for the team.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
The Cru's starting 10 struggled under the ball against the Highlanders.

Their set defense is a pretty narrow rush so it's a good setup for QC (Quade Cooper) if he can find some of his rhythm, somehow (and if our lineout can not fall apart..)

T

TOCC

Game will be won or lost at the set piece IMO, Reds set piece capitulated in Perth, which defies the players and coaching within the team, Stiles has historically coached a very good set piece.. Crusaders have historically had a great backline, but it's not as good in 2017, their centre of gravity has shifted to their forwards this year..

Reds need to sort out the scrum and line out if they are to beat the Crusaders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: dru

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I don't see why that has to be the case.

Surely Cooper's job is to play well for the team.

Both specious statements I think. He is being placed so flat he is actually inside the pack. Forwards role is possession. This allows the chance. Which is needed because in 2017 a simple possession game scores rarely. Hence kick passes, flat balls and fastbut sometimes messy ball. Incidentally this also includes dealing with some shit passes from Frisby. This is Quade's problem once it is in train.

"Playing well for the team" is obvious. But it means running the intended strategy. I could be wrong, but every game they have played this year suggests a possession strategy in the pigs, with an opportunity to chance it in attack.

Obvious it would be ideal to carry this off without loose ball. Something of an unreasonable expectation though.

And of course it means a working set piece.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Dismal One is "rooting for the Cantabs" this week, having accepted a signature & avatar bet with The Torpedo, but I'm not sure his heart is really in it:

"ooh shit thats upping the ante Cyclo. Torpedo youre on. Just to clarify, does this mean I have to root for the Cantabs this weekend? Jesus!"

“Not to worry, with world class players like Goromaru, Will Genia, Berrick Barnes, Digby Ioane and James Horwill, the Reds should have more than enough firepower to take care of the Cantabs.”

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/avatar-signature-bets.14236/page-11

Regardless, with TDO hanging off the CruSadists bandwagon I'd say we're forked. Reds by 15 & Dismal to be deported to North Korea after his face has been surgically altered so he's a ringer for the Great Leader's recently-murdered half brother. Seems a fair & reasonable punishment to me :)[/IMG]

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Lineouts in particular were shithouse last week.

Know Moore threw some shitty throws and the Thor didn't know what to do or who to lift or when.

Were our cathers at fault as well - Simmo, KD and Higgers ?

That was last week - we need to get it right this week (as well as scrums)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
impressive work blaming Thor for the lineouts when he was only on for the last half hour.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
^^^^^
Ungracious comment Reg

Are you going to tell me he lifted well when he played !

I also mentioned Moore, Simmons, Douglas and Higgers.

Keep it in perspective

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The Dismal One is "rooting for the Cantabs" this week, having accepted a signature & avatar bet with The Torpedo, but I'm not sure his heart is really in it:

"ooh shit thats upping the ante Cyclo. Torpedo youre on. Just to clarify, does this mean I have to root for the Cantabs this weekend? Jesus!"

“Not to worry, with world class players like Goromaru, Will Genia, Berrick Barnes, Digby Ioane and James Horwill, the Reds should have more than enough firepower to take care of the Cantabs.”

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/avatar-signature-bets.14236/page-11

Regardless, with TDO hanging off the CruSadists bandwagon I'd say we're forked. Reds by 15 & Dismal to be deported to North Korea after his face has been surgically altered so he's a ringer for the Great Leader's recently-murdered half brother. Seems a fair & reasonable punishment to me :)[/IMG]

It should also be noted that the loser of the bet must post in Shiggins-speak for the week. If it's a draw, Cyclopath has to post in Shiggins-speak

T

TOCC

^^^^^
Ungracious comment Reg

Are you going to tell me he lifted well when he played !

I also mentioned Moore, Simmons, Douglas and Higgers.

Keep it in perspective

I've rewatched it, and I can't see one line out where Tupou was the reason for losing the ball..

Perspective is that Moore's poor throwing was responsible for 2 of the lost line outs in the last 30minutes, Moore was throwing too shallow and made it easy picking for defensive jumpers to get up and steal the ball.. The final lost line-out at 71min looked to be a 2 ball(Ready throwing), it was a good ball, Tui jumped but his lifter misread/misheard it(wasn't Tupou), I'm assuming Fa'agase should have been lifting at 2 but was in the sin bin at the time so someone else was lifting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.