• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 3 : Reds v Crusaders - 11 March 2017 - Suncorp Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I thought our line out had problems with the ref! The week before the ref was troubled and responded by telling the opposition line out they would not be penalised for wrong numbers (strange that thier L.O leadership wasnt fast enough to work this to his advantage).

Last week the ref responded by upsetting throws, amending set up lines etc. Our blokes didnt know what to do next.

So, we either sort out the speed to a point that the ref can cope with (coaching), or pull together a Plan B without the rush to the throw (coaching). Moore's throws could have been better, communication could have been better. But that's not where I would start to improve last week's line out.

N

NTT

Big fan of Rodda. Probably Qld Country's best forward in the NRC. Big, mobile and gets stuck in. Douglass and Simmons are not playing like hardened international locks currently and need the wake up call. Lukhan Tui and Caydern Neville must be nearing a look in too. Perese is a good inclusion too. Chris Kuridrani looks a Kyle Godwin type to me, has the body shape, works hard but has a poor rugby iq and lacks quality involvement at key moments.
Gonna be a tough, hard match. Im tipping the Reds by 5pts.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Crusaders: Israel Dagg, Seta Tamanivalu, Jack Goodhue, Ryan Crotty, Digby Ioane, Mitchell Hunt, Mitchell Drummond, Whetu Douglas, Heiden Bedwell-Curtis, Pete Samu, Sam Whitelock (c) Scott Barrett, Michael Ala'alatoa, Codie Taylor, Joe Moody. Reserves: Ben Funnell, Tim Perry, Oliver Jager, Luke Romano, Jordan Taufua, Bryn Hall, Marty McKenzie, George Bridge.

seven positional changes because of injuries and rotation.

T

TOCC

I thought our line out had problems with the ref! The week before the ref was troubled and responded by telling the opposition line out they would not be penalised for wrong numbers (strange that thier L.O leadership wasnt fast enough to work this to his advantage).

Last week the ref responded by upsetting throws, amending set up lines etc. Our blokes didnt know what to do next.

So, we either sort out the speed to a point that the ref can cope with (coaching), or pull together a Plan B without the rush to the throw (coaching). Moore's throws could have been better, communication could have been better. But that's not where I would start to improve last week's line out.

Yes their were issues here, Reds tried to form their lineout by walking up and jumping straight away, which isn't against the law if done without intentional delay, but the Ref wasn't a fan of this and told them to form up before Moore was allowed to throw, I think this impacted on their timing. Opposition is usually allowed sufficient time to then match or drop numbers, that may have been the issue last week.

I'd suspect that the Force raised this with the Ref before the match, which is perfectly fine to do, just needed the Reds to adjust their timing and tactic. Hopefully they've worked on it through the week.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Wow. If the Reds play well and the Crusaders play as they have, the Reds actually look a half-decent chance.

Not favourites, but perhaps better than the $3 the bookies are giving them?

Saders outside backs still look very dangerous, and Perese will be marking Digby. Nabuli is going to have to front up in defence vs Seta.

I get the feeling the Reds haven't played anywhere near their potential yet. I just wonder whether this the week they will...

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
biggest game of the year for us (not a big call 3 games in I know). That means its CRUCIAL for the big names to step up. Slipper, Moore, Simmons, Smith, QC (Quade Cooper) and Hunt must be at their best. It is the only way we will win I feel.

T

TOCC

It's amazing how a simple jersey can change someone from a legend to a douche ;)

1dfd2ad5ce10563a5a5ff64250a7d0cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Yes their were issues here, Reds tried to form their lineout by walking up and jumping straight away, which isn't against the law if done without intentional delay, but the Ref wasn't a fan of this and told them to form up before Moore was allowed to throw, I think this impacted on their timing. Opposition is usually allowed sufficient time to then match or drop numbers, that may have been the issue last week.

I'd suspect that the Force raised this with the Ref before the match, which is perfectly fine to do, just needed the Reds to adjust their timing and tactic. Hopefully they've worked on it through the week.
Did you notice that the Force were allowed to walk into their lineouts with nothing said?

dru

Tim Horan (67)
biggest game of the year for us (not a big call 3 games in I know). That means its CRUCIAL for the big names to step up. Slipper, Moore, Simmons, Smith, QC (Quade Cooper) and Hunt must be at their best. It is the only way we will win I feel.

I feel it is time again for Red fans to get PUMPED.

Just remember, RG, goneski.
New coach new support.
Kick arse player list, just kick arse.
Last week anomaly, one of the best set pieces running around.
Locks that, well hell they may be good enough for the Wallabies but the are not good enough for the Reds. Do we bring on another WB? Nope, Rodda "come on down"!
Potentially three of the best play makers going. On the field at the fricken same time. Awesome.
Front row, which is better 1-3 or 16-18? Answer: Both!

Time to back fortress Lang Park again. Fans should be demanding home wins.

Crack on boys.

T

TOCC

Did you notice that the Force were allowed to walk into their lineouts with nothing said?

No sorry I didn't notice.. but I certainly remember him doing it to the Reds..

Which makes me think the Force raised an issue with the legality of how the Reds were doing it.. not whinging against the Force, it was smart play and obviously disrupted the Reds ball..

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
you are absolutely allowed to walk into the lineout, but the force whinged about not knowing numbers coz they couldnt tell who was halfback, though you just declare numbers to the ref and then do it. Literally say...8 man. then go about your business

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
ffs. As soon as I accept an avatar bet for the Cantabs over the Reds the illuminati death star bastards send over the fucken B team.

Round FOUR was when you were supposed to start resting the tenured AB pack for the Lions series NOT from round bloody THREE.

6. Whetu Douglas
7. Heiden Bedwell-Curtis
8. Pete Samu.

WHO THE F**K ARE THESE PEOPLE? THE GREAT SAMU, HYPHEN-FACE AND MR CLUB RUGBY NOBODY? FFS.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I would like to make an avatar bet with you DP for every single game the Reds play with the Kiwi sides in that case!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
wft is up with the Whitelock production line? Surely they're good for 3 or 4 more players for the Cantabs?
And surely, the fact that we've never heard of any other McCaws confirms he was a chimera cobbled together in some grotto in an unholy pact with dark forces.

Status
Not open for further replies.