• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 3 : Reds v Crusaders - 11 March 2017 - Suncorp Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Lineouts in particular were shithouse last week.

Know Moore threw some shitty throws and the Thor didn't know what to do or who to lift or when.

Were our cathers at fault as well - Simmo, KD and Higgers ?

That was last week - we need to get it right this week (as well as scrums)
From recollection we lost at least 3 lineouts throwing to the same spot in the middle. In each case the throw was not on the mark - but it was also obvious that the Force were marking that spot. I thought in the conditions we should have cut our losses and thrown a couple more the the front.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I want to see throws to Thor at the front of the lineout. His explosive pace off the mark should allow for easy metres, and I think even Moore can make the throw

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Reds by 15 & Dismal to be deported to North Korea
Correct deportation protocol maintains nearest port of call, visa visor Pitcairns, therefore FUCKING Easter Island. AGAIN.
My gut feeling is that we just need more points than the Saders when the final whistle blows.

gest2_zps64cbcf10.gif

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
the notoriously slow starting Cantabs squeaky-bummed it past the Brumbies in Rd 1 at the new tinpot lancaster park, looking fairly anaemic on attack for long stretches then in RD 2 lagged behind Highlanders by about 50 pts before the unspeakable happened.

Could easily be 0-2.

They'll eke out another unfair victory this weekend before the tenured pack shut it down for the season just prior to Rd4 to cotton wool their arses in readiness for the Lions tour. Don't know who theyre scheduled to play in RD4 as havent checked the season schedule since it came out on Nov21st at 9am sharp.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Douglas dropped - wow

Personally I thought Moore would have been the first. Surely if he has his 3rd shitty game in a row Ready must start. Ready would be getting a bit pissed off methinks. Different if Moore was playing well.

T

TOCC

Douglas dropped isn't a surprise, it was either going to be him or Simmons.. as an all wallaby lock combination they hadn't performed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
^^^^
Giving the youngster a go is fair enough
Reckon he will give it his best shot - some thing about Youth and Enthusiasm
TBH- I feel the same about Ready.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
REDS (15-1): Karmichael Hunt, Izaia Perese, Samu Kerevi, Duncan Paia’aua, Eto Nabuli, Quade Cooper, Nick Frisby, Scott Higginbotham, George Smith, Hendrik Tui, Izack Rodda, Rob Simmons, Sam Talakai, Stephen Moore, James Slipper (c)
Reserves: Andrew Ready, Sef Fa’agase, Taniela Tupou, Kane Douglas, Adam Korczyk, James Tuttle, Jake McIntyre, Chris Kuridrani
Good to see Perese starting.
Tough on Korczyk. He's been good.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Douglas dropped isn't a surprise, it was either going to be him or Simmons.. as an all wallaby lock combination they hadn't performed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They really aren't wallaby quality anymore, unfortunately.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Good to see Rodda getting a start as well as Perese, shows that the coach is willing to give new players a go. Moore though, haven't been impressed so far. Ready brings lots of energy and mongrel, gets penalised a bit but probably because he is so involved.

I think Kuridrani has been pretty decent in the games so far, but good to have competition for spots.

Melchior

Herbert Moran (7)
The new bloke rodda gets on run on start. Neville not in match day squad. bet he's happy now with his move to the red north.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Quite honestly in past years, with the young playing group and lack of mental fortitude the Reds have had, I could easily have seen them getting thumped at home in this game.

This season, however, the Crusaders aren't quite the awe inspiring team of death they have been in the past, still very formidable of course and last week proved they have a strong will to win.

The Reds though have a playing group which I believe will bounce back quite well. They have some great young players who will want to prove they can come back from last week's loss, as well as the older heads who know how important it is to back up a tough loss with a good win at home, especially if they want to be championship contenders. That will be difference I believe between two sides who are fairly evenly matched on paper.

I'm tipping the Reds by 10

Status
Not open for further replies.