• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 4: Waratahs v Brumbies- Saturday 18 March 7:45pm AEDT, Allianz Stadium, Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Sitting on the (impartial) fence, I fancy my money on the Brumbies to win, because their existence is possibly under threat. Simples

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
CHANGE TO NSW WARATAHS LINE UP

NSW Waratahs have ruled out fly-half Bernard Foley on the eve of round four of the Vodafone Super Rugby against the Brumbies.

Foley has been sidelined since the trial game against the Highlanders and has missed the opening three rounds due to ongoing symptoms from a head knock.

NSW Waratahs Head Coach Daryl Gibson said Foley was very close to lining up this weekend but they just want to give him more time.

“Bernard isn’t quite 100 per cent and still experiencing some symptoms.

He has trained all week and completed his cognitive tests. We have seen improvements but he still has some symptoms lingering.

“It’s frustrating for Bernard being so very close – he more than anyone wants to be back out on the field.

“But we won’t want to push him so we’ll give him more time and ensure we take all the necessary precautions to get him back to 100 per cent,” said Gibson.

Bryce Hegarty will once again start in the number ten jersey, with David Horwitz moving onto the bench.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You'd have to think this is a long term thing now.

It already is realistically.

Been in a bit of a holding pattern for 3-4 weeks.

Generally alright, gets through training with no issues and then feels some lingering symptoms late in the week.

I guess they see how he goes next week and hope he is past it.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
It already is realistically.

Been in a bit of a holding pattern for 3-4 weeks.

Generally alright, gets through training with no issues and then feels some lingering symptoms late in the week.

I guess they see how he goes next week and hope he is past it.
I just think with an injury of this nature, the longer he's symptomatic, the longer you'd wait once the symptoms subside.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Gonna be a looooong season without a decent back-up at 10.

not that long. You won't have the finals to worry about.

Enjoy that BBQ

friends-having-summer-bbq-vert_gmv8h3.jpg

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Far too much gluten on display there for me. And fruit.
The cripple fight to the Aus conference might be epic. Brumbies look like the short price at the moment. Tahs will lock in 4th. My gut feeling.
Can you trust your gut after though after all that gluten?

Reactions: SDR

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
You'd have to think this is a long term thing now.
Feel for Foley and the wallabies as we have such lack of.depth in quality 10's. All the Foley haters might finally realise this and see what a big loss Foley will be if this turns into a long term thing. Big loss to waratahs as clearly missed him.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Feel for Foley and the wallabies as we have such lack of.depth in quality 10's. All the Foley haters might finally realise this and see what a big loss Foley will be if this turns into a long term thing. Big loss to waratahs as clearly missed him.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

He is a huge miss. Still dont rate him our best WB option, but no doubt a very important rugby player. Feel for with a lingering injury like this.

Get better Bernard.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I am pretty sure that Noah is getting ready to re-float the ark today. they will be lucky to get 5,000 out there tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.