• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 4: Waratahs v Brumbies- Saturday 18 March 7:45pm AEDT, Allianz Stadium, Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
I am pretty sure that Noah is getting ready to re-floatthe ark today. they will be lucky to get 5,000 out there tonight
IMG_20170318_131618.jpg

Yep. More camera equipment acquired.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Feel for Foley and the wallabies as we have such lack of.depth in quality 10's. All the Foley haters might finally realise this and see what a big loss Foley will be if this turns into a long term thing. Big loss to waratahs as clearly missed him.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

So far this year the best Australian flyhalf on show has been Jono Lance. Unless Cooper comes good, I see Foley/Lance at 10 this year as Cooper has not been sooper. That's why Foley's recovery is absolutely critical.

What's worse is that there are NO talented young 10's on the horizon and two of our franchises have recruited NZ youngsters to start this year because of Australia's lack of talent. To illustrate my point only MacIntyre is getting the bench 10 spot and his talent is invisible to everyone except Reds' coaches. After that there are only U-20's.

We may well have to do a Larkham and start training up DHP for the future. He, at least has got some talent. The more thought I give this the more advantages appear. He would be our first 10 with a reasonably long kick since forever.

NZ? Every franchise has two better 10's than we have, except the Blues.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
So far this year the best Australian flyhalf on show has been Jono Lance. Unless Cooper comes good, I see Foley/Lance at 10 this year as Cooper has not been sooper. That's why Foley's recovery is absolutely critical.

What's worse is that there are NO talented young 10's on the horizon and two of our franchises have recruited NZ youngsters to start this year because of Australia's lack of talent. To illustrate my point only MacIntyre is getting the bench 10 spot and his talent is invisible to everyone except Reds' coaches. After that there are only U-20's.

We may well have to do a Larkham and start training up DHP for the future. He, at least has got some talent. The more thought I give this the more advantages appear. He would be our first 10 with a reasonably long kick since forever.

NZ? Every franchise has two better 10's than we have, except the Blues.
DHP is no spring chicken, although he does have many tools of the trade.

On a longer term option maybe Jake Gordon could shift one out. The tahs are Bogarting all the young Aussie halfs, maybe they could convert their runningest one.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I am pretty sure that Noah is getting ready to re-float the ark today. they will be lucky to get 5,000 out there tonight

No rain at the SFS, in fact the skies were breaking up as I drove down from the Blue Mountains. Patches of clear sky here at Moore Park. Ground looks firm, best I've seen it for some time.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
i cant believe my eyes - the tahs forwards are actually doing some work!

nice work over the 5 mins to get a try

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Far too much gluten on display there for me. And fruit.
The cripple fight to the Aus conference might be epic. Brumbies look like the short price at the moment. Tahs will lock in 4th. My gut feeling.

Cyclo, I didn't notice what was on the table or the hotplate!

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Could those of you in possession of the "live" score please pass on 'updates', as when I clicked o ABC Grandstand Rugby (Waratahs v's Brumbies), I got Penrith v's The Roosters NRL!!!

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Scrappy half from both sides. Tahs need to hold the ball, their kicking's been woeful. Brumbies defensive rucks very good resuilting in a few penalties.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Pulver and co really need a shoe up the arse, as I live in the sixth largest city in Australia and can easily get feeds of the NRL, the AFL, and the A-League, but I struggle to get anything 'live' when it comes to Super Rugby!!

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
DHP is no spring chicken, although he does have many tools of the trade.

On a longer term option maybe Jake Gordon could shift one out. The tahs are Bogarting all the young Aussie halfs, maybe they could convert their runningest one.
Yes I agree we need to convert someone younger and never thought of Gordon but maybe worthy of more thought....

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.