• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 6 - Reds v Waratahs - Suncorp

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Well aware of Shiggin's allegiances TSR :)
My reference to Reg was a list of 6 players has advised were unavailable for the Reds, however I could add another 6 to the Tahs list if I were going to include players unlikely to be selected in the top 15.
No probs.

I read your comment as saying the Reg & other Reds supporters had disputed whether the Tahs were really disadvantaged by the missing players. Something I don’t think any of us disputed.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
And Harry Wilson doesn't rely on TT, Uru, McWright among others. Harris was playing in a very under strength Waratahs pack. Not surprised he struggled last night. Wilson didn't really shine last night either in a pack that was close to full strength.

Besides, you know, being named MoM.

He was exceptional. Carried a huge workload throughout but particularly when his team was down numbers.

13 runs for 55m with (equal top runs in his team) & 13 tackles (3 misses) which was equal 2nd top for his team.

Harris, who I think is a great talent but has a long way to go. 4 runs for 2 metres & 9 tackles (1 miss). Plus a silly and costly penalty.

From a positive perspective Gamble was great again making it easier to pick Hooper at 7 and perhaps, ultimately, Swinton at 8?

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Sorry all - but can I pick up a theme from last week and have a quick whinge. I have been on two other sites this morning and left them because there are groups of Reds fans complaining at length about last nights refereeing.

It seems even in winning some people just love to complain.

Apologies all. It just shits me. Rant over.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Sorry all - but can I pick up a theme from last week and have a quick whinge. I have been on two other sites this morning and left them because there are groups of Reds fans complaining at length about last nights refereeing.

It seems even in winning some people just love to complain.

Apologies all. It just shits me. Rant over.
Rant? That's no rant. Barely 2 sentences. Hardly even a whinge. Scarcely even qualifies for minor quibble status.

TL/DR/TSR; we're going to have to work on your rants.

* Gear up the font sizes.
* Ratchet up the profanity.

* Fire up the ire.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
5 of "Reg's 6" would probably all have been selected in at least the 23 if not the 15 - It was the 1st and 2nd string hookers, a starting 6 and lock and an absolute weapon of a winger that everyone just wants to see take the field. The 6th is more of a toss up but he's a utility back who saw good game time last year and would probably be a better bench fit than Creighton, had he been available.
Gordon, Bell, Swinton, Perese, Hooper and Donaldson would have been in the starting 15. 5 of the 6 are capped

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Gordon, Bell, Swinton, Perese, Hooper and Donaldson would have been in the starting 15. 5 of the 6 are capped
No one is saying the tahs weren't missing players too, but it has nothing to do with wether or not the Reds were at full strength, which they clearly weren't.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yes, yes... I think a penis measuring competition about who had the most players out and therefore the *shortest* phallus is definitely helpful to the discussion.

Or we could just discuss the game as it was, hmm?
And yet it goes on...
ojst7okjq1g41.jpeg

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

Tahs scrum got pushed around - second row not delivering the power and both starting props getting a bit of tap. Even if the Reds walked around a couple of times ;)

Pfitzy, I wouldn't mind your opinion of some other aspects of TT's scrummaging. We've all heard the excuse that his head is too large to bind and push straight in the scrum, but beyond that, he also seems to get lower after the hit and then push up under the opposite LHP. Have you noticed that, and would it be legal? In an early scrum last night, he pushed up like that but failed to lift the LHP; the result was TT stood up in the scrum but no action was taken by the ref.

I've also noticed he has a tendency during the second shove to completely lose his bind with his right arm flailing about in the air. Is that a legal action?

As a Wallaby fan I want TT to be the best, strongest THP there is, but I don't want some NH ref to see him as a serial offender and penalise our scrums out of existence.

EDIT, the second para above are my words. Don't know how they were attributed to Pfitzy, but I don't seem to be able to fix it either.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
What's with Sydneites and victim complexes?

First it was how obscene house prices are on the north shore, then it was a witch hunt on Gladys now it's how many inured players you have.

We get it, you have a chip on the shoulder.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Jamie Roberts was surely the most experienced player on the park tonight, wasn’t he? You would have thought he’d come up with a way to score a try against 13 men…
He was probably just having nasty flashbacks to the RWC 2015 game against Australia - couldn't score against 13 men there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.