• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 6: Waratahs v Crusaders - Sunday 2 April 2017 4pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
All good by me, give the kid a crack, we've really got nothing to lose, with the other options known to be not up to it!
Love the Mack the Knife thing by Nick on the main page!!!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
C8MrZEvV0AAN4rQ.jpg:large

Rob Horne out with a hamstring injury.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
BNZ Crusaders team to play the Waratahs:

1. Joe Moody
2. Codie Taylor
3. Owen Franks
4. Scott Barrett
5. Sam Whitelock (C)
6. Jordan Taufua
7. Matt Todd (VC)
8. Whetu Douglas
9. Mitchell Drummond
10. Mitchell Hunt
11. George Bridge
12. Ryan Crotty (VC)
13. Tim Bateman
14. Digby Ioane
15. David Havili

RESERVES
16. Ben Funnell
17. Wyatt Crockett
18. Michael Ala'alatoa
19. Luke Romano
20. Pete Samu
21. Bryn Hall
22. Marty McKenzie
23. Manasa Mataele

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
RESERVES
16. Ben Funnell
17. Wyatt Crockett
18. Michael Ala'alatoa
19. Luke Romano
20. Pete Samu
21. Bryn Hall
22. Marty McKenzie
23. Manasa Mataele

Benches often win matches and that is some very solid bench

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Deegan got upgraded in August, Mason signed in November.

Both are in the 36 man squad this season. Deegan was outside that last year so it is the first year in the main squad for either of them.

Anyway, let's hope Mason goes well on Sunday.

When I wrote earlier that he was in the Supplementary Squad I was going by the Tahs team profiles, but they obviously don't update them.

If Hegarty were to be overlooked I thought Deegan would have been given the nod but now it's official that Mason is starting - and as you say, good luck to him. It will be absorbing watching it, just as always as when a young flyhalf plays in his first game - and starts, at that.

They must be keen to have a longer look at Cameron Clark. When Horne was crocked and they moved the Rubik Cube of the backs around they could have started big Naiyaravoro on the wing and played Kellaway at fullback again but they opted for Clark.

He wasn't the worst when he had a long stint against the Sharks - though that would have difficult.

PS - I like the comment of TV commentator Greg Clark to Greg Martin when young Cameron came on at the end of the Rebels' game: "Do you know anything about this fellow?".

Martin answered with a straight face - or I suppose it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.