• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Bucket List

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Watching the Wallabies win their next RWC - live!

As for those who have a RWC tour on their list, I recomend go. I am now offically addicted & yes the banter & off-game stuff is just as important as the games.

I think Japan 2019 could be a great RWC to go to, not so pushed on England in 2015 though, too many soulless soccer stadia being used. Some of which have been the worst I've had to endure to see a game of rugby.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think Japan 2019 could be a great RWC to go to, not so pushed on England in 2015 though, too many soulless soccer stadia being used. Some of which have been the worst I've had to endure to see a game of rugby.

Yes, but Twickers & Cardiff. That is all.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Yes, but Twickers & Cardiff. That is all.

I'm sold, even if it is just the pool matches.

About 2.5 years, $3000 for flights, $1000 for tickets, free accom with brother, $3000 to spend = approx $53 a week. No excuses guys, that is cheap.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
To have a favorite moment for example

My favorite Cooper moment was when I high five'd him after he scored a try and said "Who the fuck are you?"
Is that Quade or the Vuna variety - do you reckonn Kurtley said that before he hit the latter ?

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'm sold, even if it is just the pool matches.

About 2.5 years, $3000 for flights, $1000 for tickets, free accom with brother, $3000 to spend = approx $53 a week. No excuses guys, that is cheap.

How big is your brother's place? I have a mental image of England being outnumbered at Twikenham because 50,000 Wallaby fans have been sleeping on the floor at your brother's place.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Is that Quade or the Vuna variety - do you reckonn Kurtley said that before he hit the latter ?
Klippies does that. Ain't called "Bakleiwyn" (Bralwers Potion) for nothing. Just look at that video I posted what it does to a bloke.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Due to the lions tour meaning I have no spare cash this year. My modest rugby bucket list item is watching a game at each of the Shute shield home grounds this season missed out on southern districts penrith and parramatta last year.

RyanP

Bob McCowan (2)
Play or support a team in a South East Asian 10s tournament!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Bump

1. Score a try - been playing for over a decade and have the classic front rower's duck egg on the scoreboard.
2. Go to a Rugby World Cup - done in 03 and 11, but need to go again.
3. Lift the Rebels' first Super Rugby Championship trophy.
4. Play in the Hottest 7's in the World in Darwin.
5. Lions Test Match as a Lions supporter - Brisbane/Hong Kong?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
1. Score a try - been playing for over a decade and have the classic front rower's duck egg on the scoreboard.

With regard to this one Stu, scoring your first try (at least for us pigs that never seem to get over) can be terrifying. I can still remember mine vividly (as it is only one of three). We were running toward the clubhouse and after stringing some phases together there was a ruck formed under the sticks, right on the tryline. We had numbers out wide and the backs were screaming for it. The ball was not coming out quick enough so as I was still arriving from the previous ruck I decided I was going to his the ruck as hard as I fucking could and came screaming in. Just as I was about to hit it, the pill came rolling out, so without thinking I picked it up and dived over beside the ruck to score. Nothing. No cheers, no one patting me on the back, no ref signalling try. I was lying on the ball in the in goal for what seemed to be an eternity. I looked to the left and the right and the defensive line was still set. The packed clubhouse was quiet. Then the ref realised what had happened and blew his whistle. I thought I'd burnt it but thank fuck I didn't. Terrifying! ;)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
That is crap Scoey and you know it.

I was there and remember your try much more vividly and will back you up in the clubhouse when you recount how you got the ball off the back of the lineout after the halfback fluffed the delivery from piggies. As you wrapped around from the front of the lineout you scooped up the ball on the run, and dropped your shoulder into the opposite #7 who dropped off the tackle like a sack of spuds. With 45 metres to go, to the line, you lined up the opposite #10 and then with an in and away you left him in your dust. One more step saw you beat the covering wingers desperate tackle. With only the Fullback between you and the line, we saw a Jonah Lomu/Mike Catt scenario re-enactment as they became road kill on your barnstorming run to dot down. The final 20 metres was an out and out sprint to beat the covering defence. The crowd rose as one as you crossed the line with the nearest defender no closer than 7 metres away. This event was the turning point of the game, and was the difference in a narrow 4 point victory.

That is how I remember it happened, and am prepared to swear on the grave of William Webb Ellis that this was the truth. :)

Edit: And every year that goes by, the lineout was one metre further from the tryline. Every 3 years was another tackle beaten/slipped or tackler stepped/dummied.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Haha classic Hugh! I was trying to be modest! But alas you were clearly there. ;-)
That was obviously back before the days when an in and away (or any change in direction at 'pace') didn't result in my knees collapsing.

I did however try a Lomu/Catt style manoeuvre the one time I found myself in open field with the fullback to beat. It was a split second after that I learned that fullbacks can generally tackle quite well, particularly when the target is slow moving and comes straight at them.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
On tour with a Lions Tour in Safferland (get to tick off the Safferland Car Park Braai as well)

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
My plan is to go to as many RWC's as possible in my time on this planet. I enjoyed the experience so much in NZ in 2011 that I want to do it again in the UK in 2015. The tournament in 2019 in Japan is also an absolute given.

I also want to watch a big international match in every 6N stadium on offer. Once that's out of the way, some Saffer games will also be in order. Then there's Mendoza, with some footy and Argentinian malbec....

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Some bucket list items I have already been present and tasted. Wallabies beating the ABs in WC semi-final (2003); Brumbies winning the Super final (2001 and 2004); a match against the Highlanders at the 'house of pain'; visit to Serge Blanco's shop on the Champs Elysee.

What I'd still like to do definitely includes games at Millenium Stadium and Twickenham, and the HK 7s.

Status
Not open for further replies.